English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 12 August 2004, 11:14   #21
redblade
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Softy
Hey, elevator action returns is awesome! Thank you for pointing it out! But the sound is still buggish in my version (Edit: .62). Don't bother updating in the count of this.
Elevator action should work now 100%. And yes it was a cool game, but I much prefer to play it at the arcades instead of the computer. When it was in my town, I had to play it every day *sigh*.

But yeah that game should be able to run perfectly on a AGA machine. Same with the later Bubble bobble series, as the run on a Taito F3 system, which used a 68020 processor....
Old 12 August 2004, 13:42   #22
the wolf
Just Leeching

Thumbs up

Nice thread!

In no particularly order:

Wardner, Wonder Boy, Hammering Harry, Teddy Boy Blues, Psychic 5, Rygar, Super Sprint, Rolling Thunder 2, Baraduke, Legend of Tonma, Bubble Bobble 2, Rastan, Outzone, Metal Slug, Kiki Kaikai, Elevator Action 2, Trojan, Chelnov, Ninja Kid 2, Gryzor, Green Beret, Flicky, and... SNOW BROS!

But any new arcade conversion for Amiga will be a great gift!
Old 12 August 2004, 14:47   #23
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wolf
SNOW BROS!

But any new arcade conversion for Amiga will be a great gift!
Funny, I was going to say the same thing!
It's weird, but I keep having this recurring dream there WAS one that became a GTW-nah, must be my flu medication messing with my mind!

Properly done Wonderboy, & Ghouls n Ghosts would've been interesting.
Old 12 August 2004, 15:02   #24
the wolf
Just Leeching

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-Zark-7
Funny, I was going to say the same thing!
It's weird, but I keep having this recurring dream there WAS one that became a GTW-nah, must be my flu medication messing with my mind!
Old 12 August 2004, 17:05   #25
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

A decent version of Altered Beast (a la Golden Axe standard) and Robocop would have been nice instead of those woeful ST ports!!!
Old 12 August 2004, 20:14   #26
JudasEZT

Would be cool to have Rastan on Amiga.
Also POW (SNK),Karnov (DataEast) and MagicSword (Capcom) would be reasonably portable to Amiga, specially the last one if would be made by SalesCurves.
Also decent versions of Strider and GhoulsNGhosts would be cool, and possible..

But the most I ever wanted to enjoy on Amiga was PrehistorikIsle from SNK,.. damn!! I always thought some company would make it!
Old 13 August 2004, 03:47   #27
redblade
Zone Friend

Yeah POW (SNK) rulz, that was why I downloaded Mame, was searching for that game, and saw that they had ported it, so that was my 2nd download. Then the other games followed, ie Double Dragon, Rainbow Islands (Had to load the game a lot, so I could finish the game properly). Sf2 (I love doing the freeze with guile, then the invisible throws...).

Other good games, Contra, Double Dragon, Double Dragon II, Jackal, Ikari Warriors, Guerilla War (Guevara), Raiden, Raiden D/x (not yet emulated).

But yeah, when i go into the arcades, I look at a game, and then guess the Amiga config that the game could run on =].

I think POW(SNK) was the first arcade game I saw/played. Wicked game, and that engine could easily be recycled for other games, ie Double Dragon.
Old 16 August 2004, 09:25   #28
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

A good conversion of Gauntlet would have been nice.
Old 20 December 2015, 20:29   #29
Frog

Wardner was definitively a really good platform game !
Old 20 December 2015, 21:54   #30
Amigajay

+1 for Rolling Thunder 2
Old 20 December 2015, 23:55   #31
Fiery Phoenix

Wish Jackal had an Amiga port. Great game

Combat School, Karnov, Wec Le Mans, Mikie, Hyper Sports, etc.

I suppose a game that never had a home computer port that I would like to see would be Sunset Riders
Old 21 December 2015, 02:54   #32
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicx View Post
1. Metal Slug
2. Proper Shinobi (even the C64 version was miles better than the Amiga's)
3. Rolling Thunder 2
I think it is safe to say that Metal Slug would require severe downgrades to run even on a 1200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_AKA View Post
A good conversion of Gauntlet would have been nice.
And perfectly within the Amiga capabilities moreover. Arcade perfection would be tough but a close to indistinguishable one should be possible.
This game is almost perfectly suited to a large number of Amiga specific tricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
+1 for Rolling Thunder 2
Never played it but I think the crime which was committed by Tiertex for Rolling Thunder 1 should be fixed first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post
Wish Jackal had an Amiga port. Great game

Combat School, Karnov, Wec Le Mans, Mikie, Hyper Sports, etc.

I suppose a game that never had a home computer port that I would like to see would be Sunset Riders
Jackal seems a reasonable goal, Sunset Riders could probably be done as well with some color reduction.

Damn, too many things to do, so little time.
Old 21 December 2015, 08:33   #33
Gzegzolka

I would love to see port of Psycho Soldier Athena
Old 21 December 2015, 10:09   #34
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
I think it is safe to say that Metal Slug would require severe downgrades to run even on a 1200.
Neogeo Games are mainly a story of memory. You'd need a soupped up A1200 with at least 128mb of ram.

After that, the colors can also be a problem.... But the graphics are mostly 256 colors. I've never seen a neo game displaying more than that on screen.
Old 21 December 2015, 10:30   #35
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Neogeo Games are mainly a story of memory. You'd need a soupped up A1200 with at least 128mb of ram.

After that, the colors can also be a problem.... But the graphics are mostly 256 colors. I've never seen a neo game displaying more than that on screen.
I don't know if your being serious or not!? The Amiga has zero chance of being able to handle the sprite capabilities of a Neo-Geo, even 2D powerhouses the Sega Saturn and to lesser degree the Playstation couldn't reproduce them without add-on carts and then still had more slowdowns than the originals.
Old 21 December 2015, 12:17   #36
BarryB
Amigaholic

Can someone do Terra Cresta? Loved that on the C64, the music got a remix on the Amiga but no game
Old 21 December 2015, 12:54   #37
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I really would love to see Sunset Riders on Amiga. That's one game that I really think it would be doable with the right compromises and be awesome.

Jackal is pretty good on NES. Yesterday I was playing some NES games and was thinking... while the NES does have better sprites capabilites than the Amiga (I'll never understand why have just 8 HW sprites), I really think there's nothing done on NES that can't be done on Amiga.
Old 21 December 2015, 13:31   #38
Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Can someone do Terra Cresta? Loved that on the C64, the music got a remix on the Amiga but no game
Terra Cresta was really great. Hybris is heavily inspired by this game i think
Old 21 December 2015, 13:43   #39
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
I really would love to see Sunset Riders on Amiga. That's one game that I really think it would be doable with the right compromises and be awesome.

Jackal is pretty good on NES. Yesterday I was playing some NES games and was thinking... while the NES does have better sprites capabilites than the Amiga (I'll never understand why have just 8 HW sprites), I really think there's nothing done on NES that can't be done on Amiga.
Only 8 hardware sprites because it has the blitter to compensate. Each Amiga hardware sprite costs the equivalent of 16 pixels two bitplanes of additional DMA per scanline so having more would imply either faster memory (VRAM) or no DMA bandwidth left.

Even if the Amiga was vastly more powerful than all its competitors at the time, its design was an exercise in compromise.
Old 21 December 2015, 13:45   #40
h0ffman

I'd like to see R-Type re-done in AGA.