English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 13 October 2016, 22:26   #161
Exit

Great, i will try it..was looking at it a bit earlier, the base system is os3.9? where can i find this 16CKen's icons pack? from your site aswell?

btw where you one of the prisma driver developers? or betatester?
Old 13 October 2016, 22:33   #162
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, the base system is OS3.9, but install also till Boing Bag 2 and add the MUI key to S.

Yes, the icons packs are also in the download area of AKReal.

Yes, I'm betatesting the Prisma, but unfortunately it doesn't work as well as I wish yet.

Edit: I'm not any developer, but I like to find bugs or problems in any new program I try. If it doesn't work as I want then I don't use it. As betatester I must be a pain in the ass or a good one, as you like to see it . I've got to say that Thomas Wencel is making a great -and a lot of- work to update AmigaAMP for the Prisma. He is almost there...

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 October 2016 at 22:06.
Old 18 October 2016, 07:40   #163
TroyWilkins

This is fantastic, thank you for the great work @Retrofan
Old 05 February 2017, 16:01   #164
Kokos
!rulez

Hi Retrofan!

Have you considered to release minimalist version of real AmiKit? I mean all updated libraries, commands etc, basic set of applications so this could be solid and up to date base for further software we could apply on our own?

Thanks!

Kokos
Old 05 February 2017, 16:27   #165
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, if you want minimalism you've got BetterWB.

http://lilliput.amiga-projects.net/BetterWB.htm
Old 05 February 2017, 16:28   #166
Signman

Just installed. Multiple error windows when I try to start apps specifically workbench ones such as screenmode , hd toolbox etc.
Can't remember exactly, requested resource library version 44 not present.
Can it be because of boing bags install?
Old 05 February 2017, 17:14   #167
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

It should run without Boing Bags even. But I always recomend to install till BB2 (no more). Edit: Well, if you install more BB's then yes, you can get into troubles.

No, it sounds like you made something wrong, for example a bad configured File System. If it is for a real Amiga I prefer to use PFS3AIO. Make a booting partition with 1500Mb for example.

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 February 2017 at 18:09.
Old 06 February 2017, 01:50   #168
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Edit: Well, if you install more BB's then yes, you can get into troubles.
Such as? Is there some specific bug, or are you just spreading FUD?
Old 06 February 2017, 02:02   #169
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I can't tell, I don't install more than BB2, but I've seen problems in the past with BB4 (problem with "The" for example). I don't know and I won't try, so I can't tell what the problems can be (if any) if you install it right now with your updates.

You already know that there has been some problem with some BB4 in the past, and also that you include some betas. I have nothing against betas, but I can only give support to the ones I include, that's what I talk about.

I don't say they can not use BB4, it's just that I can not give support to them here. Even if they were using BB4 they could be using different versions of it, as you may know.
About betas, for example you install a new beta of icon.library... I can do the same, but I can only recommend to install mine, as that's the one I've tried.

So sorry because of my generic argument.

Last edited by Retrofan; 06 February 2017 at 03:16.
Old 19 February 2017, 15:29   #170
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

AKReal 8.8 Update and FULL install Released

We are happy to announce the release of the new update of AKReal – the unofficial conversion of AmiKit for real Amiga machines-. You also have a Full installation available for AKReal 8.8 and the Mattahan's and 16Colors Ken's Icons have been updated too.

The on-line update is delivered to your AKReal installation via its Live Update feature. Simply boot your AKReal and the new update will be found automatically. Just confirm and install.

Full installation archive is available for free from http://real.amiga.sk/

WHAT'S NEW ON AKREAL 8.8?

AKReal 8.8 by Retrofan (February 2017).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

- ADDED: Amiga Game Selector 2 by Per Oloffson.
- ADDED: EasyMod 1.0 by Ralph Debussman.
- ADDED: MUI Royale 1.4 and Plananarama 1.0 by Andreas Falkenhan.
- ADDED: Cgxroute 0.2 by Megacz.
- ADDED: TKPlayer 2.1 by Thilo Koehler.
- ADDED: New Clockfaces by DH of the English Amiga Board.
- ADDED: FreeDB 13.8 by Alfonso Ranieri.
- ADDED: ModExplorer by Joerg Renkert. Skin used by Paul Kitching.
- ADDED: ReqList0_91 by Khamsonh Marcel 'ninji' Khounlivong.
- ADDED: Sed and Cut from the unixcdms pack from Jean Francois Fabre.
- ADDED: Rep 1.3 and FSearch 2.0 by D. Keletsekis.
- ADDED: Songs directory in AmiKit:Utilities/Expansion.
- ADDED: GoldRunner song by Gibs from "From Past to Present".
- ADDED: Booting sound "StillAlive". Music by DjNick and voice by Dani Hermans.
- FIXED: ScummVM AGA now starts from the Workbench.
- FIXED: HippoPlayer by the author, K-P Koljonen, Jan 2017.
- UPDATED: Icon.library 46.4.449 by Peter Keunecke.
- UPDATED: AmigaAMP 3.20 by Thomas Wencel.
- UPDATED: ImageConverter by Thilo Koehler.
- UPDATED: IconMaker by James Stalham.
- UPDATED: All of the menus.
- UPDATED: LittleClock, Oct 2016 by Thomas Rapp.
- UPDATED: SimpleMail 0.43 by Sebastian Bauer.
- UPDATED: LoadModule 45.7 by Thomas Richter.
- UPDATED: MUI-5.0-2017R1
- UPDATED: MMULib 46.12 by Thomas Richter.
- UPDATED: NetSurf 3.6, 11/12/2016 by Artur Jarosik.
- CHANGED: Sed without FPU by Jean Francois Fabre.
- CHANGED: "Better Config" script.

QUESTIONS
----------------------

Q- What happens if I'm using Mattahan icons and I update to 8.8, do I have to install it all again?
A- The installer will detect and update them. You can also install the complete pack over it.

Q- It seems you have a lot of work over your shoulders. Do you have any place to donate?
A- Thanks for supporting the effort. Yep, there is a place to support this conversion at http://real.amiga.sk/donations.htm

THANKS

Many thanks this time:

To Per Olofsson (MagerValp) for AGS2 and his debug of it and his help to get it running with AKReal.

Really many, many thanks for the main scripts used for it by Henrik Noerfjand Stengaard (Cyberhead97). He is Da Man.

Thanks also to James Stalham for the nice icons (and the continuous help), Ken's style, to StatMat for the Skins you can see used with AGS2, to Jean Francois Fabre for his version of Sed and Cut and to Andreas Falkenhahn for the great Mui Royale and Plananarama plugins.

Thanks for the permission for using Rep and FSearch from D. Keletsekis.

Thanks to Thomas Richter for both LoadModule and MMULib updates for letting use his copyrighted files.

Thanks a lot to Joerg Renkert for his great ModExplorer (thanks also to Paul Kitching for his image used as skin) and to Megacz for his Gfxroute -ScummVM just couldn't be possible on WB without it-.

Also thanks to DH of this EAB forum for making so great new clockfaces, thanks to Thomas Rapp for listening to my demands about improving the marvellous Little Clock. And finally thanks to Bernd Rosch and the AmiBlitz3 project for the permission to use their libraries.

Some screenshots:

Old 19 February 2017, 16:01   #171
Signman

How are you preserving so much chip ram? What config is your Amiga shown? Rtg?
Old 19 February 2017, 16:30   #172
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, the first screenshot is RTG, but you can see the third one, that's AGA. I use CyberbugFixAga to save chip ram.

About Amiga Game Selector 2 I have to comment that you must edit the User-Startup after the install. You will see two disabled lines at the end (examples) that you must edit and enable to fit the path to your games for AGS2 to run them.

In Sys:Games/AGS2 you can run the "Configure-Menus" script to show your existing ones only, show all or hide all. The script has been done by Henrik Noerfjand Stengaard (Cyberhead97) and adapted to work on AKReal.

Backgrounds by StatMat at the English Amiga Board.

@Signman if you want to have the setup of my first screenshot and you are using WinUAE and you have the Picasso rom, you can click on MorpheuZ, Preferences, "Better Config" and select RTG and "AKReal 1024". You have to select on WinUAE a Picasso IV Zorro III. You can also find the wallpaper used in Prefs/Presets/Backgrounds/RTG.

And another thing: There is a new booting sound. Well the music is one of the existing by DJNick, but I've mixed it with a voice of "Stephen Hawking" by Dani Herman saying "Amiga... Still Alive" . Many thanks to Amiten too for his colaboration and support and well, to Stephen Hawking of course .

Unfortunately, as there are several booting sounds and they play randomly in every boot it can take some time till you listen to it. You can open WBStartup and Click on "BootSound" till you listen to all of the existing.

Another thing for Vampire users: The update won't change your S-S, neither your User-Startup, it just will add some lines to this last. Also you have to know that ScummVM in the WBDock will open the AGA or the RTG versions depending on what you are using. Also ModExplorer will use different colors as background depending on what you've got. Ah... TKPlayer needs an FPU.

Last edited by Retrofan; 19 February 2017 at 21:26.
Old 19 February 2017, 16:39   #173
Signman

I'm using mine on an Amiga 1200, 030, 25 mhz.
Is this cyberbug program something I can use? Program launcher bar and wallpaper eat up chipram.
Still a nice setup.
Old 19 February 2017, 16:53   #174
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

You can find CyberbugFix also included in CWB OS3.9 and also you have it here: http://aminet.net/package/driver/video/CGX-AGA

But it isn't so easy to install.
Old 19 February 2017, 20:49   #175
StatMat
Code Fiddler

Well done! Good to see you pushing this project forward with all of your hard work.
Old 20 February 2017, 01:59   #176
HanSolo

What ReqList really do ?? It is used by default ?
Old 20 February 2017, 02:24   #177
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

No: http://aminet.net/package/util/cli/ReqList0_91

It is only used by the very complex script that Cyberhead97 made that lets you check for your existing games for AGS2. The same for some more programs that have been added. It has been really difficult to implement AGS2 as it's released, I've spent a lot of time with it.

But please, this is the News thread. Use the Support one for technical questions like this.

Yesterday I commented my thoughts about this AGS2 setup by email to a friend and I think I better share them here too:

"Veamos: Tú ahora abres eso, el AGS2 y dirás "qué bien", pero no lo valoras mucho porque no sabes el trabajo que hay detrás ni todos los programas que necesita para rularlo ni todos los permisos que he tenido que pedir.
Para que te hagas la idea, comentarte que si tu instalaras AGS2 por tu cuenta no tendrías ninguna música rulando, ni podrías elegir entre Games y Demos. Tampoco tendrías (en su carpeta) un script que te permite mostrar sólo los juegos que tienes (esto es extremadamente complicado) y otras cosas. Tampoco tendrías las opciones de "Settings" que muestra el mío -por ejemplo para luego guardar tus "favoritos"-, ni tampoco esos backgrounds, ni siquiera esos screenshots y esa información de cada juego, ya que todo eso ha sido añadido uno por uno."

"Let's see: Now you open AGS2 and you'll say "nice", but you don't really appreciate it much because you don't have an idea about what's behind, not either the programs it needs to run it, not either the permissions that I've had to ask for.
To have an idea, if you install AGS2 by yourself, you won't have any music playing, you can't choose between Games or Demos. You can't either find (in its drawer) a script that lets you show only the Games (or Demos) you've got (that's extremely complicated) and other things. You won't have either those "Settings" options that mine shows -for example to save your Favourite games- neither those backgrounds, not even those screenshots and all of that info of each game, as all of that has been added one by one."

And there is a mod that EasyMod can't play. Edit: You can fix it with this post: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=722

Last edited by Retrofan; 23 February 2017 at 11:27.
Old 21 February 2017, 11:13   #178
AMIGASYSTEM

Good job Fernando, where you can download LittleClock?

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 31 May 2017 at 12:23.
Old 21 February 2017, 12:30   #179
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Glad you like it

LittleClock is just that little file there in the WBStartup, grab it from AKReal.

To change its appearance you have its icon info, but see that LittleClock is also a tool, so if you like you can take an image, create an icon (project) for it and select as tool LittleClock and it will become a clock.

The boingball and the AKReal clockfaces are copyrighted by DH of this forum.

Last edited by Retrofan; 22 February 2017 at 00:06.
Old 22 February 2017, 14:38   #180
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post

LittleClock is just that little file there in the WBStartup, grab it from AKReal.

To change its appearance you have its icon info, but see that LittleClock is also a tool, so if you like you can take an image, create an icon (project) for it and select as tool LittleClock and it will become a clock.
You've already done this on my AFA OS as shown in my screenshot, I just wanted to know if there is a link to LittleClock for the downlad.