English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 28 July 2019, 17:22   #1
Philippe G

FS-UAE not reponding on Mac Yosemite.

Hello people. Thanks for accepting me on this board.
I'm using a mid 2010 IMac with OS 10.10.2 Yosemite.
Processor is a 3,2 GHz Intel Core i3 and 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 memory.
Video card is a ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB.

I did a fresh install of the OS and then downloaded the recommended download from the FS-UAE site. After unpacking the dmg file, I pressed the launcher icon. A pop-up warned me that I tried to open material from the internet, but in my security settings I had already set that everything could be opened. After I clicked the continue box, the icon in the menu bar disapeared and nothing happened .
After a few retries and downloading again, everything stayed the same.
After a visit to dr Google I saw that there was no folder in the docs section.

So I downloaded the alternative download. I started up with the icon and got a waiting screen, stating it needed something ( I forgot what ).
In that box, I got some rudimentary pointing icon that I could only use inside that window. I could not get jout of that window and had to open anothe window with alt-F1. Only then could I free up my mouse.

Next I looked in the docs folder and saw that now I had an FS-UAE folder with subfolders in it.
Knowing the amiga from long ago, I put Kickstart roms in the appropriate folder and in the floppy folder I put a rom from a 1 floppy game.

With eager anticipation I fired up again using the one from the alternative method. Now I got an amiga screen with the Kickstart rom 1.3 logo.

But : no mouse and nothing starting up. Again my mouse had disappeared and I was stuck in the amiga window.

I then had a long talk with the GoodLord in the skys above !
After that I went back to dr google but to no avail.
Right now I feel I could !

I'm joining a text file with the log.

PLEAAAAAAAAASE HEEEEEEELP ! ! ! !

Philippe.

----------------------------------------------------------------

OK : So I can't attach a file. If I click the attachement button I get a window with another version of the amiga board and no possibility to change to my file ! I'm really starting to want to throw away my mac trough the window !

Here is the copy and paste version :

------------------------------------------------------------------

Last login: Sat Jul 27 15:58:17 on console
philippinisiMac:~ philippeguilini$ /Applications/"FS-UAE Launcher.app"/Contents/MacOS/fs-uae-launcher
/Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python True
/Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Python False
/Python False
adding /Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/library.zip
adding /Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/amitools.zip
adding /Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/arcade.zip
adding /Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/fsbc.zip
adding /Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/fsgs.zip
adding /Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/fspy.zip
adding /Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/fstd.zip
adding /Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/fsui.zip
adding /Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/launcher.zip
adding /Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/OpenGL.zip
adding /Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/oyoyo.zip
adding /Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/workspace.zip
/Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Data False
/Data False
[HTTP] Using /Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/cacert.pem
[LOGGING] Logging to /Users/philippeguilini/Documents/FS-UAE/Cache/Logs/fs-uae-launcher.log.txt
FS-UAE Launcher 2.9.12dev
['/Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/fs-uae-launcher']
uname_result(system='Darwin', node='philippinisiMac.lan', release='14.1.0', version='Darwin Kernel Version 14.1.0: Mon Dec 22 23:10:38 PST 2014; root:xnu-2782.10.72~2/RELEASE_X86_64', machine='x86_64', processor='i386')
Error in sys.excepthook:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/tokenize.py", line 390, in find_cookie
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xcf in position 0: invalid continuation byte

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/linecache.py", line 47, in getlines
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/linecache.py", line 136, in updatecache
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/tokenize.py", line 454, in open
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/tokenize.py", line 431, in detect_encoding
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/tokenize.py", line 395, in find_cookie
SyntaxError: invalid or missing encoding declaration for '/Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/fs-uae-launcher'

Original exception was:
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cx_Freeze-6.0b1-py3.6-macosx-10.9-x86_64.egg/cx_Freeze/initscripts/__startup__.py", line 14, in run
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cx_Freeze-6.0b1-py3.6-macosx-10.9-x86_64.egg/cx_Freeze/initscripts/Console.py", line 26, in run
File "fs-uae-launcher", line 113, in <module>
File "fs-uae-launcher", line 110, in main
File "/Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/launcher.zip/launcher/apps/__init__.py", line 137, in main
File "/Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/launcher.zip/launcher/apps/fs_uae_launcher.py", line 22, in app_main
File "/Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/launcher.zip/launcher/launcherapp.py", line 9, in <module>
File "/Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/fsui.zip/fsui/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
File "/Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/fsui.zip/fsui/qt/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
File "/Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/Python/fsui.zip/fsui/qt/qt.py", line 12, in <module>
File "ExtensionLoader_PyQt5_QtCore.py", line 23, in <module>
File "ExtensionLoader_PyQt5_QtCore.py", line 15, in __bootstrap__
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/imp.py", line 343, in load_dynamic
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/sip.so, 2): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/sip.so: code signature invalid for '/Applications/FS-UAE Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/sip.so'

philippinisiMac:~ philippeguilini$
Old 30 July 2019, 11:41   #2
Philippe G

WOW ! 63 readings and still no solution. Seems indeed to be a tough coockie isn't it ?
Still strugling on over here.
Old 31 July 2019, 14:56   #3
Goingdown

Hmm looks strange... did you take a look of the log file:
[LOGGING] Logging to /Users/philippeguilini/Documents/FS-UAE/Cache/Logs/fs-uae-launcher.log.txt

EDIT. Although this is suspicious:
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xcf in position 0: invalid continuation byte
according to unicode table, this is U+00CF Ï c3 8f Ï Ï LATIN CAPITAL LETTER I WITH DIAERESIS

Do you have I with diaeresis somewhere in your username or somewhere?

EDIT2. It might also be that some file is corrupted somewhere
Old 02 August 2019, 15:51   #4
Philippe G

Everybody ( specially Goingdown ) : thank you for reading and trying to figure out a solution.
I have given up on FS-UAE and got an amiga emulator up en running on RaspberryPi.
On a PC I got Win-UAE running also.
It is a fact that a Mac is a pain in the........ .
Wished I never bought one.

So, this item can be marked as 'closed'.

Greetz,
Philippe.