English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 03 August 2001, 13:35   #1
CRSV

Mission Andromeda

I'm trying to get this game, Mission Andromeda, to work. I have only emulation at my disposable. I have a Silicon League crack. This game seems like it would work. In fact, at first I thought it did work. Using WinUAE, the space ship starts at ground level and starts rising - out of my control. Then I see a message, "Peck gehabt!," and the game is frozen. Any suggestions?

Old 03 August 2001, 15:04   #2
morph72

Mission Andromeda

Hehehe. "Pech gehabt" = "You ran out of luck" in German. I just tried that game, with the same result. No idea what's going wrong though...

Old 03 August 2001, 16:13   #3
Amigaboy

I have uploaded a game to the ADF Zone called Mission Andromeda. I tested it in WinUAE and it works fine (I got to the end of level boss and died). This version is cracked by Venture

I have no idea if it's the game you want though
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mission.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	498  

Old 03 August 2001, 17:05   #4
CRSV

Thanks Amigaboy - your version works great.

And again, I've proven that my idiocy is only exceeded by my impatience. In the game that I have, there is a screen which is asking a question about the answer to life, etc. It is here, where you have to hit the cursor keys to reveal 42. Once revealed, the game works perfectly too. My version appears to be an older version.

If I would have take the time to read the Silicon League message, I would have figured this out sooner.

Thanks again for the additional version, which I shall add to my collection

Morph72: Shame on you for not answering that question which is written in German!

Old 03 August 2001, 17:25   #5
morph72

Mea culpa! Well I realised (without having read the cracktro message) that the question at the beginning of the game was 'inspired' by Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, and tried to type in "42" on the keyboard... but that didn't work so I just gave up. Hm, just tried your method, but the cursor keys don't seem to do anything... what config are you using?

update:
Aaargh... okay now I found out what you have to do, move the joystick up or down until the answer "42" appears. You're probably using the keyboard replacement CRSV, that's why you said "cursor keys"!

P.S.: It seems that, if you press the left mouse button, the game freezes... that didn't exactly help while I was trying to find out how to get it to work!

Last edited by morph72; 03 August 2001 at 17:56.

Old 21 March 2013, 20:45   #6
s2325
Zone Friend

longplay [ Show youtube player ]