English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 April 2003, 01:26   #1
runamuck

Unhappy iron lord

Is there a 100%, preferably english, copy of Iron Lord anywhere. The version I'm using crashes on disk2 when trying to load the final level, after the battle between the 2 armies. I've tried all the versions available from planetemu = MAD, supreme, vision factory and FLT. Please help, I got blisters getting past the arm wrestling competition and really want to beat this game.
Old 13 April 2003, 03:11   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: iron lord

Quote:
Originally posted by runamuck
Is there a 100%, preferably english, copy of Iron Lord anywhere. The version I'm using crashes on disk2 when trying to load the final level, after the battle between the 2 armies. I've tried all the versions available from planetemu = MAD, supreme, vision factory and FLT. Please help, I got blisters getting past the arm wrestling competition and really want to beat this game.
Four different crack groups and every version of these is bad? My guess is that something else is causing the crash besides the cracks or disks themselves. More than likely this is an emulation issue.
Old 13 April 2003, 21:37   #3
runamuck

Hi Twistin, do you reckon I should repost this under WinUAE problems then maybe maybe I could put a zipped save state in the zone for the WinUAE author to download if they're interested.
Old 14 April 2003, 04:32   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by runamuck
Hi Twistin, do you reckon I should repost this under WinUAE problems then maybe maybe I could put a zipped save state in the zone for the WinUAE author to download if they're interested.
I went ahead and moved the thread here.
Old 14 April 2003, 14:30   #5
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Lightbulb

@runamuk. When you post a reply, look down below the smilies & options to "Attach file", post up your WinUAE configuration that you are using for Ironlord along with details of which WinUAE version you're using, then someone can see if there's a setting that needs to be changed.
Old 14 April 2003, 18:40   #6
runamuck

Thanks for doin that. Ok so I originally played the gmae in WinUAE 0.8.22 R4. When it didn't work I transfered the save state to R5 but I'm not sure whether I'd have to play the whole game through again to get any benefit. I used the basic A500 setup with kick1.3

tried to attach the saved game but it's slightly too large even zipped, so if someone specifically asks I'll put it in the zone.
Old 23 April 2003, 00:45   #7
runamuck

I went ahead and put it in the zone anyway. The saved game uses the FLT version of Iron Lord downloaded from planetemu.
Old 28 April 2003, 15:43   #8
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

Did you actually use a blank ADF to save on? Your savestate will freeze up, remember using different configs etc.
Btw-have you visited Back to the Roots website, there's numerous game settings references to try there.
Old 03 May 2003, 01:20   #9
runamuck

Is using a blank floppy more reliable than save states then? if so I might play it through one more time this way.
Old 03 May 2003, 09:06   #10
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Your savestate will freeze up, remember using different configs etc.
That was ages ago

In recent WinUAE versions hardware is automatically reconfigured when loading state file.
Old 03 May 2003, 14:31   #11
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

I haven't had any experience with using Savestate before Toni, my apologies. Are you saying that if their Configs when they used Savestate,(I mean WINUAE configs rather than your actual CPU hardware), are different eg:ECS 2Mb Chip 1Mb Slow 8mb Fast Kickstart 1.3x, Windowed etc. & you might have OCS 512kChip 512kSlow 0MbFast Kickstart 1.3 Scanlines fullscreen etc., Savestate would adapt to your configs, then?

It just that when I tested it,(to try & look at it) with the same FLT version, the game screen/state was frozen, it look more like I was looking at a screengrab,(although it was the Savestate of course), & Ironlord wasn't playable.

@runamuk. I usually stick to using the "virtual" ADF files as they're smaller & generally work within the game's saving perameters,(like a point'n'click adventure for instance), although obviously Savestate is handier for shoot-em-ups etc., just personal preference!
Old 03 May 2003, 15:06   #12
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
I haven't had any experience with using Savestate before Toni, my apologies. Are you saying that if their Configs when they used Savestate,(I mean WINUAE configs rather than your actual CPU hardware), are different eg:ECS 2Mb Chip 1Mb Slow 8mb Fast Kickstart 1.3x, Windowed etc. & you might have OCS 512kChip 512kSlow 0MbFast Kickstart 1.3 Scanlines fullscreen etc., Savestate would adapt to your configs, then?
State files need exact same hardware configuration. Old WinUAE versions required manual loading of configuration before restoring state file.

Recent WinUAE versions automatically load configuration from the state file, but only Amiga hardware configuration (cpu type, memory, chipset type etc..) not windowed/fullscreen, resolution etc.. (=emulator specific settings)

State file is meant to be non-emulator specific Amiga hardware state snapshot.
Old 04 May 2003, 18:08   #13
mintsauce82

It's funny you should mention the ADF crashing after the battle. My real-life copy of Iron Lord does exactly the same thing.
Old 05 May 2003, 02:56   #14
runamuck

uh oh that doesn't sound good. I have actually played the next level the labyrinth but only on the ST version after a lot of disk juggling of different versions.

But I couldn't find the last exit and I wasn't sure whether this was due to the game or the disk changing I did.

Maybe I'll go with plan B, I've got a brand new version of ST Iron Lord. I just need to find someone who can make a disk image from it.
Old 05 June 2004, 21:34   #15
runamuck2
Zone Friend

Iron Lord (original version)

Has anyone got the original uncracked disk images of Iron Lord so I can install the whdload version.
Old 05 June 2004, 21:51   #16
runamuck2
Zone Friend

whdload problems

I've downloaded the whdload install of Iron Lord from the whdload support page. I've entered amiga DOS and typed lha x Programs:IronLord.lha Programs to extract the files but I just get a message saying 0 files extracted operation successful. The Iron Lord lha file was only 41kb in size is this a normal size for an install?
Old 05 June 2004, 22:48   #17
BippyM
Global Moderator

Its available from the CAPS team

Scour your local FTP's (hint hint) *cough*pm*Cough*
Old 05 June 2004, 22:50   #18
oldpx

You can always use Winrar.

Old 05 June 2004, 22:54   #19
BippyM
Global Moderator

Use WinRAR on the PC and unpack it using the GUI

Then simply use the unpacked files on Amiga (Emu or use a 720kb floppy)
Old 06 June 2004, 02:50   #20
runamuck2
Zone Friend

That's too cryptic for me. Could'nt you spell it out and give a url or something pleeeaase