English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 23 November 2014, 01:17   #1
Kernel

SOLVED: telser.device - not working from NComm or Terminus

I've installed to the AmiTCP: path and have the keyfile installed in S. Grabbed both from aminet.

Both NComm and Terminus indicate the device is not responding when I try to choose it.

What am I doing wrong? Everything I've found from searching indicates to simply install it, load up the terminal program, change the device, and you're on your way.

I'm using MiamiDx as the connection to the internet and I've confirmed it works (used MiamiTelnet to check out a BBS).

Thanks.

Last edited by Kernel; 24 November 2014 at 11:43.
Old 24 November 2014, 00:31   #2
Kernel

I tried with EasyNet 1.0 as well and no go...
Old 24 November 2014, 11:45   #3
Kernel

SOLVED!

The AmiTCP:bin/telser program was corrupted. Reinstalling using the supplied installer (multiple times even!) didn't fix it; even a complete wipe of the AmiTCP: folder and re-extract of the aminet 1.40 archive didn't work... but copying the file manually from the install folder to AmiTCP:bin/ worked. I used a combination of SnoopDOS and an AmiKit install of OS 3.9 to track it to this program.

So I guess the question that lingers now is do I have a flakey Installer program, a flakey Installer script for telser 1.40, an even flakier A3K that I thought, or could a running patch/utility be wreaking minor bits of havoc on installations I'm running?

BTW, I was able to duplicate the issue on the AmiKit side as well so I'm leaning away from the A3K being an issue.

Insight would be welcomed.