English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 07 June 2012, 00:19   #1
diablothe2nd

Worms Player Created Levels - Show and Tell

Sadly I cannot find the disk with the custom level i spent hours making in Deluxe Paint III 15 or so years ago

It was sort of themed like the shadow section of Lemmings 2 the Tribes. In a twilight/full moon colour scheme with an urban feel. sewers underground for "dark side" playing and bridges great for a kamakaze flight

I can clearly remember what it looked like and may attempt a remake at some point in the future unless I find it hidden on a floppy that hasn't been apropriately named

Who else made custom levels? and do you still have them? if so we should totally upload them here
Old 09 June 2012, 18:25   #2
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

I remember having a favorite custom level. It was called "City". Could it be the same one ?
Dunno who made it or how I got it, but it was by far the most fun one. Had a large building in the middle with floors. On the left there was a bridge maybe ? On the right sewer canals underground, and street with lamp posts on the surface.

Can somebody help us further ?
Old 09 June 2012, 19:34   #3
diablothe2nd

oh wow that really does sound like mine

I never released it though, so it can't possibly be mine.

Edit - on second thought, I did give it out to a few friends on floppy disks. Not online though. Nahhhhh surely it didn't spread that far. It's got me wondering though as what you speak of sounds pretty much like what i made.
Old 09 June 2012, 19:50   #4
diablothe2nd

Can you remember if the building had some lights on and off, and whether the street light was on with a nice glow on the street below?

i spent a good day or so just painting the ground under the light to get it looking just right.

in the sewers i had gaps in the platforms. think of the first level of Sleepwalker when you go in the sewers. i had it so that if you messed up a jump, you drowned.

I dont think I put anything on the streets. maybe a sign. Oh! there was a T junction if i remember correctly, to the right of the multi storey building... it sort of went into the back of the screen.
Old 16 June 2012, 15:23   #5
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

Hmm, I do remember the street light glow, but I don't remember the gaps in the sewers. It was predominantly gray, as one would expect from the city surroundings.

Surely someone else has had a nice time with Worms custom levels. Come on people, help