English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 01 July 2010, 22:25   #1
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Surf Ninjas, stuck on level 3: The Fortress of Sri-Wan

One lady wants a ruby which I can't find... I only found one on level 1 which was not needed to finish level 1, and you can't bring items with you from level to level.

A girl is trapped in a cage and I don't know how to save her.

All I have is a key and something that looks like a doorknob. I've tried using both items on everything..... I'm totally stuck.

I can't find a walkthrough anywhere. Which shouldn't be needed anyway as this game seems very easy, especially to this point. Donno why there was a diamond and a ruby on level 1, when they were not needed to complete level 1, and all the other items on the other levels WERE needed to complete those levels. Maybe the game is bugged and have some items from other levels on level 1 and it's now unfinishable?

I'm playing the CD32 version.
Old 02 July 2010, 04:55   #2
Amiga1992

My hats off to you for your masochism, this game is horrible!
Old 02 July 2010, 08:33   #3
clenched

Go to upstairs palace room. On the floor is maybe a file or hacksaw blade with a red handle. Take this to the dungeon, drop at cage and receive ruby. Used SPS instead of CD32 to play.
Old 02 July 2010, 11:11   #4
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clenched View Post
Go to upstairs palace room. On the floor is maybe a file or hacksaw blade with a red handle. Take this to the dungeon, drop at cage and receive ruby. Used SPS instead of CD32 to play.
I've seen that but can't pick it up as it lies just under the door. When I try to get cloth enough to pick it up, I just exit the room, I've tried moving as close as possible pixel by pixel and can't reach it without exiting the room. So I thought it was just a part of the background and not an pickable item:

As I thought the game was bugged I planned to play the floppy version instead to see if that version had the missing ruby on level 1 aswell... if not I would continue with that version.

Now when I KNOW this is a pickable item, I'll keep trying to get it.

And I don't play SPS version often because some games needs to be cracked to work without password stuff, and I can't be arsed to see what games are in need of it, so I just take ADFs anyway...... works most of the time....

But damn this game is bad.... and they've missed alot stuff like in some places when I hit the button to enter doors and stuff on the wrong places, I get moved to places you normally wouldn't get to... like, in one screen I hit the enter room button when there are no room to enter, and I get moved to a room 3 rooms back.. wtf.... it's like this in many places.. hardly meant-to-ne shortcuts... they just did bad coding and stuff.

Thanks for the help with the missing item.. hope I can pick it up eventually.
Old 02 July 2010, 14:31   #5
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Clenched, do you remember if the hacksaw thingy was in the same spot as it is for me? I've tried over and over again, there is no way to reach it without exiting the place. It's too far into the door. Maybe the items are placed on the same screens, but randomised where they are being put on the ground... and this is just one more of those badly coded things. Wonder if it will be located further away from the door if I restart the game, or if it will only be located further away in the SPS/ADF version.

Anyway, I've so far done 2 different finish moves - one is you pull the heart out, the other one is you take out a knife, looks at the camera (us), then at the ninja and stabs him bloody till he drops dead. Anyone know of more moves?, and how to perfectly execute them?... as I can only seem to do them randomly whenever the game feels like it. I can keep a ninja alive for as long as I want. When he falls to the ground, starts to blink before he disappears, I just hit him and he stands up and is refreshed (nice coding, not), have also managed to pull out the heart of the same ninja 3 times in a row.... so much slacking with the code.
Old 02 July 2010, 19:49   #6
clenched

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios View Post
Clenched, do you remember if the hacksaw thingy was in the same spot as it is for me?
Fortunately, I kept a savestate at level 3 start so I didn't need to do the whole thing over. When the room is first entered, the red handle is directly above the "e" in the word "the". Mercifully, the game is nearer the end than you may know.
Old 02 July 2010, 20:34   #7
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

In other words, it wasn't located by the door for you like it is for me? Cuz in the picture I don't have that text and I've removed the savestates. I'll replay the game later and hopefully it will end up in a proper place... using IPF version... that or the ADF wouldn't matter I guess, as long as it's not the CD32... which might still be ok if I just restarted it and all 3 versions have the same bug and it's just a matter of luck.
Old 02 July 2010, 21:55   #8
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Ok, played to level 3 with the floppy version now. Some things are different compared to the CD32.

So far what I've noticed:

1. Floppy version has no intro
2. Floppy version has less screens you can go to. Like on level 3, you start off on a different screen than the CD32 one and there is no longer a bouncer you need to bribe with money to get into the palace, thus no money bill either on the ground outside the store...

And this time I can get the saw:

(I only have low health cuz I just hastily ran there to check it out and didn't start recording yet)

Maybe it's just a matter of luck and the CD32 version just had to be restarted for it to end up in a different spot, OR the CD32 version IS bugged... couldn't be arsed to try.

Anyway, the game is childishly easy, I had no problems getting to level 3. It's so obvious where the items should be used, same on level 3 but got stuck because of the bug or whatever it is. Took me like 9 mins to get back to level 3 when I restarted with the floppy version.

Oh well, hopefully no more bugs so I can finish this game.
Old 02 July 2010, 23:08   #9
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Ok, replayed to level 3 on the CD32 version... the saw is in the same spot...

so.. CD32 version of Surf Ninjas is bugged.

Too bad I have to play the floppy one... less colors in items (and maybe other things aswell, even though both are AGA), less screens, people, items etc...