English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 December 2009, 18:42   #1
Photon

WinUAE 2.0.1.0 graphics glitch at bottom

In something like the last 10 pixelrows of the DirectX bilinear-filtered buffer, graphics from other programs (or part of the screen surrounding the WinUAE window) appear. If I resize the window vertically, I can reduce/change the number of glitchy lines, but it's hard to get rid of it completely.

The cut out graphic in lower left ("TILL DIN LAPTOP") is from an ad in the right part of whatever page I was browsing in Opera. Strangely, the white text somehow becomes transparent, while the graphics around the text in the ad is exactly as the ad.

The black downarrow in lower right is a drop-down menu button in the Opera UI above the currently displayed webpage, somehow the grey tones background of that button has been stripped!?

And some random white trash (bonus)

Screenshot, config, bootlog attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WinUAE201glitch.zip (298.6 KB, 173 views)
Old 28 December 2009, 18:57   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I can guarantee this is old issue. I can't duplicate and because it is D3D only -> I'll always blame drivers if I can't duplicate it.
Old 28 December 2009, 19:26   #3
Photon

I for sure haven't seen it before - though admittedly this is the first time I've fiddled with filtered scanlines since you introduced it way back. Mostly I use no filter and either double or scanline mode in Display panel, when I use Windowed mode (to get as small window as possible).

Strange that it should somehow "point" to graphics outside the WinUAE window anyway! (And from two completely different locations on screen too, in the same "glitch-strip"!) I think I'm going to keep this config for a while and see if I can relate it to something - it seems to happen at the vertical DIWSTOP of the system copper (copperlist 1 or 2 I don't know).

I keep my drivers as current as I have to - last time I updated it was for some demo, Aug 2009 redistributable IIRC.
Old 28 December 2009, 19:54   #4
Photon

When I started WinUAE again with the config in my other thread, the graphics in the screenshot were still there! But ofc not still in Opera. And I was wrong, at least the graphics overlapped the bottom edge of the CLI window, i.e. bottom frame of CLI window could be seen through the hollow/transparent letters "TILL DIN LAPTOP" mentioned above.

Hmm... it can't be sprites, since the small white pixels are "hires" (ie. screen native resolution, not related to Amiga resolution). Some overlay. Scanline overlay?

So I guess it copies graphics from *random memory location* to some DX overlay/buffer?

Will try some more.

(btw: I know I have a freak OS, XP 64-bit Pro. But I haven't had to get some special version of WinUAE before, so maybe you're right. Even if the gfx drivers are reasonably new and works with everything else including DX stuff, I don't for a minute think 64-bit drivers have improved beyond atrocious.)
Old 28 December 2009, 20:05   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

WinUAE simply does not update any scanline that is not modified or is outside of display area but this area is cleared when window is opened or size changes. It "can't" happen
Old 28 December 2009, 20:08   #6
Photon

OK, played with settings. Aspect ratio (5:4, TV, enabled, disabled) and scanline transp. changed nothing. When changing to Point 16-bit filter, the trash was cleared! I then changed back to Bilinear 16-bit, and the exact same procedure with Thunderbird worked perfectly.

When I closed down WinUAE and re-started it (autoloading the mya600 config), the trash came back, but different. It was like a 10px high white vertical line had been copied with the wrong modulo, so I got a slanting series of pixels.

For some reason, I get Bilinear 16-bit, even though I *know* I saved it with Bilinear 32-bit.

I don't relate it to autostarted config, since the first screenshot was *not* from the autoloaded config, but from autoloaded config+F12+mya1200.uae.

Will try saving the configs with Point 16-bit and go from there.
Old 28 December 2009, 20:11   #7
Photon

Didn't work, trash with Point 16-bit. Changing to Bilinear 16-bit didn't clear the trash.

So now I don't even have a workaround
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (8.8 KB, 145 views)
Old 28 December 2009, 20:15   #8
Photon

Hmm, desperately tried to load "presets *PAL" to try something, but after clicking Load, WinUAE hung, button still depressed (just like me).
Old 28 December 2009, 20:39   #9
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
Can you also attach winuaelog, plz ? I didn't find it in your two last threads. What is that gfx board you use ? OS ? Sorry if you mentioned these elements elsewhere.
Old 28 December 2009, 21:33   #10
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Direct3D is the shit in winuae, i personaly never use it.
Old 28 December 2009, 21:49   #11
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
To say something is "the shit" is US slang for "it's amazing".
e.g. On a shooting, some girl might shout out "having a kiss scene with Richard Gere is the shit !"
Old 28 December 2009, 22:09   #12
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I am not sure about usefullness of previous 3 posts but I think I have (stupid) workaround idea..
Old 29 December 2009, 04:06   #13
Photon

My current idea is using D3D with autoscaling and make the window just the right size to hide any defects - that, at least, worked before, in 1.6.1.
Old 29 December 2009, 10:39   #14
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip Does all borders change to dark blue or does the bottom area stay black + have garbage? (include screenshot)
Old 29 December 2009, 23:00   #15
Photon

Looks like you nailed it See screenshot. A500 Quickstart config, direct3d bilinear 16-bit scaled 2x with scanlines. Window blinks green when resizing the window (when left mouse button is released, teststuff I'm sure), and I also noticed that window contents are redrawn when clicking on stuff in the Filter panel, like the Point/Bilinear dropdown-arrow.

I traced the crashdump crap to a wrong registry setting, btw, other thread updated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blueborders.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	376.5 KB
ID:	23798