English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 15 March 2009, 15:02   #1
icbrkr
Particles! BBS

Asking price for the following items?

I don't deal with A2000 based parts that often so I'm not sure what's a good asking price on something, and the plan was to list on Amibay.

I've got a GVP Warp '040 accelerator and '030 accelerator for the 2000, and a A2620 '020 - issue is, I'm not sure if they work. I wasn't successful in getting them to detect on a A2000 but it could be a jumper setting, could be the 2000, they could be dead for all I know.

Ideas?
Old 15 March 2009, 16:23   #2
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@icbrkr

Hello there, valuations are really tricky as there are so many factors to consider that often go over looked. Giving valuations is a mine field so lets look at the possible criteria

Item Location

This is often overlooked, where an item might be worth more in an area less saturated than in others. for instance, some Amiga Upgrade that is quite prolific in germany wouldn't command a high value compared to say the USA or Croatia etc.

Item Condition

Manuals / Boxes / Software, all of these can play a factor too, when putting up 'Unknown if working' this can really cripple and expected final value,

Pictures can really help in this area, of the item and any supporting stuff that goes with it.

Seller Assurance

This is the gold dust of it all really, the part where you as the seller push yourself forward, should that you have an item of 'Unknown Functionality' but are pretty sure it is good, then you can offer a refund option, this really should be accross all of what you are selling both known and unknown functioning units.

So whats it worth then

Well this is where the mine field begins, best be said that its worth what you are willing to part with it for and retrospectively, what some one is willing to buy it for.

As much as I really want to help, if I said... oh that 040 is worth about £70 / $100 some one could take offense as it might be too low or too high and thats how flame wars begin.

Its best to turn detective on this one, as you have here ask the forum, but also look around on others, you could use auction sites to give you an idea, just remember that bidding wars and retards can get locked together and put the price of an item beyond all sensibility.

In Closing

with all the above and this is only my opinion of valuation, which i do begrudge as it can open a huge can of worms but here it is...

I live in Europe so-

GVP 040 for A2000 = £90
GVP 030 for A2000 = £50
A2620 020 for A2000 = £35

as the above are an unknown if working this will seriously damage that price at least in half if not more so, also you have not mentioned the ammount of ram that these boards have, this will also effect the price as well..

I will say that if you state you will refund on DOA this will remove most of that negative and you could possibly argue the a2000 mobo is the cause as all 3 cards cannot all be dead lol.

remember the prices are skewed as i
(a) live in an area that has these items come up often
(b) not crazy about wanting to own any of these items (already using a combi-040 )

Finally, if i could ask two things..

ANY valuation you recieve, even mine, you must take with a pinch of salt.. perhaps some with a heaped tea spoon lol, remember everyone has an idea on a item is worth to them, and this will change.

Can i have lots of pictures of the GVP Warp 040

what ever happens, best of luck on your sale.
Old 15 March 2009, 17:29   #3
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

@Zetr0

Very wise words indeed there

A very constructive guide that should be made available to all

Dave G
Old 15 March 2009, 17:52   #4
icbrkr
Particles! BBS

Fair enough. The plan was to sell them 'as defective' since I haven't any clue if they work or not and I'd rather not be in the receiving end of some bad blood.

Looks like I have the manual to at least the 040, and I think the 030.

The 040 did have some GVP RAM on it and I think the 030 did as well, but I'm unsure how much. Not being able to fire it up sort of made it difficult and I've been too lazy to look up part numbers

I can take pics and post em for your pr0n enjoyment Thanks for the help.
Old 15 March 2009, 19:01   #5
icbrkr
Particles! BBS

Looks like I was wrong on the type.. they're G-Force 030s and 040s . I have one more A2000 to test (gotta replace the power supply - I seem to have let the smoke out of it). Maybe they'll work in that? Hmmm.