English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 13 December 2008, 19:47   #1
Amiga1992

FS/FT A1200 System (read for details)

I post this here too, to reach more peopleeeeee...

Okay guys, here's something else that needs to go.

Up for grabs is an Amiga 1200 system, with a catch (that makes it cheap).

The system is in full working condition except for the IDE controller. Yeah, it's my old system which I thought completely -thrashed-. but now that I inspected it thoroughly, the unit seems to work fine except on the IDE controller part.

What this means is that you cannot plug a hard drive to this system, at least not an internal IDE one (you can still use a PCMCIA Squirrell SCSI controller, if you are so inclined to do so).

What can you do with this machine then?

- All software works. Tested stuff from floppy disk, no problems at all. No graphic corruption, no audio problems, no input/output device issues (meaning, the Custom Chipset is A-OK)

- You can still use the PCMCIA port, so you can still boot off a CompactFlash (and others, I use SD) card connected to a PCMCIA port adapter and have a load of storage.

The machine is NTSC so best suited for US buyers, and comes with the stock 2MB of Chip RAM, no expansions at all.

Catch # 2: I am out of power supplies, so I don't have any more for this machine. Getting one on eBay shouldn't be a problem though. I have more 110V supplies in Buenos Aires too but that would take some time to get to you and some unnecessary extra money.

I am hearing offers that make sense, could also trade for something interesting (and not big in size, i won't have space to take it back to Buenos Aires otherwise.)

Some questions already made, answered:
Keyboard works perfect, doesn't miss any keys either. Standard US layout, not british, german or french.

These are postage costs assuming the Amiga weighs around 5 kilograms. Probably it weighs less? not really sure.

In the US, I think these are the easiest and cheapest methods to ship:
Priority Mail® Large Flat-Rate Box - 2 days 12.95
Priority Mail® Flat Rate Box - 2 days 9.80

I don't know in which box it would fit, I'd have to check.
Shipping is from zip code 11206.

I would like to trade for something smaller and lighter than an Amiga. Tempt me with some audio gear or maybe console material. Portable console is my delight, specially if I can make music with it. If it's small I can carry it back to my country with ease. Just see what you got and offer it!
If your tool of trade is cash, I'm not sure how much this would cost. you think 60 USD is OK?