English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 11 July 2008, 18:07   #1
4pLaY
www.resistance.no

Tempest

Does anyone still have Tempest packed up somewere? no one i ask seem to have it anymore (im not talking about the old version on aminet) i think the last to be released was v3.70 before the feds busted skeleton.
Old 09 August 2008, 23:06   #2
CRiMSON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pLaY View Post
Does anyone still have Tempest packed up somewere? no one i ask seem to have it anymore (im not talking about the old version on aminet) i think the last to be released was v3.70 before the feds busted skeleton.
Same request for me, also the doors & utils, I coded several C++ doors & utils myself for Tempest (and /X) and it would be nice to have them back as I lost all of it.

I still have a few floppy backups of my board when I switched to Tempest; but all the 'header'files which contained the structure to retreive the backups are gone.. I also don't think those floppy still are readable after all those years..
Old 10 August 2008, 00:08   #3
hit

sorry, no tempest software but an advice for reading out your floppies and creating adf files on a win box. not sure if you know about it, but worth a try:
http://www.winuae.de/download/adfread-1.1.zip
http://simonowen.com/fdrawcmd/ (the driver needed by adfread)

use adfread on a winbox with two 3.5 floppy drives. insert an emtpy floppy in the second drive and your amiga disk in the first one. adfread will read the whole floppy and produces an adf file. if some tracks are bad, just restart adfread and it will read again those bad tracks only. reapeat this until all tracks are ok.
hope this helps a bit.
Old 10 August 2008, 00:41   #4
CRiMSON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit View Post
sorry, no tempest software but an advice for reading out your floppies and creating adf files on a win box. not sure if you know about it, but worth a try:
http://www.winuae.de/download/adfread-1.1.zip
http://simonowen.com/fdrawcmd/ (the driver needed by adfread)

use adfread on a winbox with two 3.5 floppy drives. insert an emtpy floppy in the second drive and your amiga disk in the first one. adfread will read the whole floppy and produces an adf file. if some tracks are bad, just restart adfread and it will read again those bad tracks only. reapeat this until all tracks are ok.
hope this helps a bit.
I tried this a few years ago, but without results. But I think I used an older version of adfread so I'll try it again with this 1.1 version. Thx for da help
Old 12 August 2008, 16:30   #5
hit

i've "rescued" a 20 years old workbench disk of my first a500 this way
some, more offten used ones, had to reread several times, but in 90+% it finaly went successfully. so its worth a try again.