English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 03 May 2008, 18:54   #1
Cazalinghau

Philips CM8833-II monitors- did they come with cables?

Hi,

I've recently been getting into the Amiga scene. I never had one back in the day, as £500 was too much to afford when I was 16! - but recently picked up a second-hand A500+ on ebay to see what I missed out on when I was slumming it with a rubber key speccy. In gettting to grips with Amiga matters in general, I've found this forum to be extremely useful and have been lurking for a month or two. So far I've never needed to post, as I've found all the answers I needed just be searching. So for all those of you who have helped build up the knowledge base - thanks very much for all the help it have given me so far.

I've recently got a monitor for the Amiga, also from ebay - a Philips CM8833-II. It arrived today, but much to my chagrin, didn't included a cable to connect it up to the amiga, even though it was advertised as 'Cables included' - it did, however, come with a mains lead and some phono plug connectors. I notice that the same seller I bought from is selling the sort of cable I was expecting to get with it: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Amiga-monitor-...QQcmdZViewItem.

So my question is this: does anyone who bought one of these "back in the day" remember if the cable was sold with the monitor or whether it was a separate purchase? Then I'd know whether I am right to challenge the seller, or just buy this cable (which I'd rather not do, as its an extra £9 with p&p ).

Thanks for any help!

Old 03 May 2008, 19:24   #2
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Yes they did come with the RGB cables. You'll have to buy 1 or either make 1. Now the only place I have found the 23 pin connectors is CPC. Cant find them any where else, .