English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 23 April 2008, 05:04   #1
coze
hastala vista winny vista

Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
Ebay dispute - Worst deal I ever had ...

Some while ago, I got a max machine for myself, and I was after some max mode cartridges for it. While scouring ebay, I came across a jupiter lander card and a wizard of wor card from the same seller. I offer 7$ for the j.lander and 30$ w.of wor and he accepts both offers. I send the payment, he sends the cards, all is fine.

I receive the cards. He used a box picture for the wizard of wor, but it turns out its card only. I read the description again, and it actually says card only. my bad, but why the hell do you use a box picture when you don't have it ?

anyway, the j.lander is working but wow is not. So I tell the seller item is doa. he responds clean the contacts and try again else he can refund. I clean the contacts (again) and try again but still no joy. so I respond him it's not working. One week passes. No response.

So I say to the hell with refund. I don't want to bother sending the card back to us anyway, cause it'll probably cost me what I'll get from the refund. So I leave neutral feedback for him. Since one of the cards was working while the other (albeit expensive) one did not.

big mistake. he responds with a neg in two days. upon further communication I get called retarded among other things, so I realise I'm dealing with a total asshole here. I open a dispute with ebay. he says I have to return the items to him, so I do, with EMS mail. The parcel reaches his place, but he's absent, at april 12. After ten days, he doesn't seem interested in claiming it, I know he's around cause he left feedback at other buyers at 21st april. so I escalate the issue to a paypal claim.

So, in the end, I got ripped off 50$ (plus 25$ for return shipping and my time), I didn't get anything (I return both cards) I get called names and most importantly, got a neg feedback. And I didn't even neg him while he neg me in cold blood. He really should have the nerve to do this. I should have negged him while I had the chance. His name is george stump, ebay seller old_school_software_inc.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE - BIGGEST ASSHOLE ON THE PLANET.
Old 23 April 2008, 06:17   #2
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Sorry to hear that coze. But eBay is changing this in some month. The seller can rate you positive only then, when he received the money.

I don't rate assholes on eBay in this cases, better than risking a negative.
Old 23 April 2008, 07:39   #3
keropi

sorry to hear this, what an ass!
as for the picture matter, after getting ~70 old pc games this month, I gotta tell you that I don't really believe what I am seeing it sux
Old 23 April 2008, 09:07   #4
spajdr
Old fart

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
Well i got ripped off by like 400 dollars, damn scammers, happened two months ago.
Old 23 April 2008, 09:11   #5
StevenJGore
Amiga Fanatic

Sorry to hear about your experience. As a buyer on eBay, I have a policy of not leaving feedback for sellers until they've left me feedback. As a seller on eBay, I always leave positive feedback as soon as the buyer has paid.

Quote:
I don't rate assholes on eBay in this cases, better than risking a negative.
Since you have three months after a transaction to leave feedback, the trick is to leave negative feedback just before midnight on the last day before three months has passed. By the time the seller/buyer notices, it's too late for them to retaliate. This has always worked for me so far, and is very satisfying to do because they think they've got away with it by then!
Old 23 April 2008, 16:49   #6
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenJGore View Post

Since you have three months after a transaction to leave feedback, the trick is to leave negative feedback just before midnight on the last day before three months has passed. By the time the seller/buyer notices, it's too late for them to retaliate. This has always worked for me so far, and is very satisfying to do because they think they've got away with it by then!

I know this "trick", but it's all over in June iirc. Well, at least here in Germany. A seller can rate you only with a positve when he got the money.

@coze

PayPal transfered the money back to you, i assume?
Old 23 April 2008, 18:51   #7
Ironclaw
Banned

I've been ripped off 3 times on ebay, not gotten any money back from seller nor ebay... sucks.
Old 23 April 2008, 23:29   #8
chiark
Needs a life

Never had any troubles with ebay... Sales (well, buying) outside of ebay have gone somewhat less smoothly of recent but I'm still hopeful things'll end up fine.

Coze, paypal should refund you, especially if you paid with a credit card. If they don't refund you, the credit card company will.
Old 24 April 2008, 09:16   #9
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Absolutely, I've bought fake / broken items before and always got a PayPal refund.
Old 26 April 2008, 19:37   #10
jmmijo

Hence the reason I don't use Fleabay nor no-Pay-is-not-your-Pal

In fact I prefer not to use any commercial auction site, I'd rather deal with peeps on this board instead
Old 27 April 2008, 17:57   #11
aikend

Have to say I've been very lucky with ebay, never had a problem with anything I've bought from there (touch wood), have a few friends who have though, doe and misrepresentation of the item being the major ones

Shame that a few bad apples put you off, I always check the feedback of any seller before I buy anything from them, least that will give you an indication as to the honesty of him/her

Old 27 April 2008, 18:08   #12
jmmijo

Yes, it is too bad, well not really for me, I have many other ways of getting the things I want so it's not like auction sites are the only place in town to get something either

Besides, I've been working on getting rid of some items more then collecting and it doesn't help with folks like Unknown_K and Dpainter have sent you boxes of computer parts and diskettes