English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 11 February 2008, 01:46   #1
rc55

Happy Call to all UK Sceners, old and new!

Hi,

I think I best introduce myself. I'm rc55 (Ruairi Fullam), and I currently run the current incarnation of ukdemoscene.org (well, yes it's very work in progress), and I also run the only multi-platform UK demo party called Sundown, which is held in Devon annually. It has been held yearly since 2005 and grown steadily - each time getting bigger and bigger.

Put loosely, the UKScene consists of around 50 people, and some of them aren't actually from the UK, but nonetheless we all band together for seasonal pub meetings, international demoparty trips and of course for Sundown.

Where does the Amiga fit in? Well, with Sundown we have competitions for MOD music, are friendly with Xeron's HivelyTracker and of course accept Amiga demos in our competitions.

Syphus of UP!Rough is probably one of the most talented chip musicians I'm aware of in the UK, and is an Amiga fetishist to almost scary proportions. Bonkers is part of Tolou, and Xeron is part of Iris, but they are considered UK Sceners too, so there is activity here and there! You guys may also know Buzz (Exotica), he went to the last Sundown and by all means seemed to enjoy it immensily.

I post here to ask that if anyone is interested in our scene to let me know and post your interest down below, and/or visit ukdemoscene.org. We are working on building a new site together and doing it /properly/, but not replicating information that may be available elsewhere.

I do admit I haven't even lurked here before, so I hope this post is fine for you guys. I hope you'll find something interesting with the UK Scene and I also hope some of you may consider coming along to our pub meets, party visits and Sundown.

Cheers!

Ruairi (rc55)

Old 11 February 2008, 05:06   #2
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

In before Zetr0 says mischief!

Welcome aboard rc55!
Old 11 February 2008, 05:14   #3
blade002
Zone Friend

Well i am from Australia so i can't pop down to Sundown anytime soon, but i have been a big fan of the scene ( flew to Germany in 2007 to attend Breakpoint ) since roughly 1991, but i would love to be a part of your site and sign up.

Who knows, maybe sometime in the near future i will have the funds to come up and see you guys !? Just need to buy a new car right now, smashed my other one up pretty badly.. lol.

And yes, as THB said... Welcome!!, you are definitely in the right place!
Old 11 February 2008, 18:50   #4
rc55

T_hairy_bootson: I've just chatted with Zetr0, he seems really polite and positive. I can't speak for historical scene shenanigans but there you go.

blade002: I was there too! Mega dedication for you going all that way to visit a bonfire and a hall full of geeks!

So does anyone know any UK guys here that might be up for getting involved?

Old 11 February 2008, 20:42   #5
musojon74

HI there and welcome!

Wouldn't mind doing some mods, I used to be not bad at tunes, although I did like it when I could have more channels! (Check out http://www.jonmusic.co.uk/music/soundstudio_test.mp3 for an old thing I did when I first got Soundstudio!)
Old 11 February 2008, 21:36   #6
Oli_HD
Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc55 View Post
So does anyone know any UK guys here that might be up for getting involved?
Hi rc55, I love looking at demoscene vids and watching the feeds last year from Breakpoint. Havent managed to actually get to any yet meets though. (something I would love to do though)

I wish I could code better as I would love to give making a demo a try but mehh, opening a screen and looking for button presses is my limit at the moment.
Old 12 February 2008, 01:41   #7
rc55

musojon: Not too shabby at all mate, very Amiga-style too! Maybe we should have a proper natter sometime about music. I admit though however, I have succumbed to the delights of Renoise on the PC, but luckily you can get it for Linux if you are that way inclined.

Oli_HD / musojon: Man, it's really inspiring seeing posts like the one you've just posted - because I think it would be fantastic if the UK Scene grew more. We've got some fantastic talent already (check out route 1066 by the uk scene allstars on pouet), but I always wondered why we didn't get more people involved - so I'm glad I've signed up here for sure!

Even just dipping my oar in the seas of Amiga has shown that there are more interested people in the UK. I think we could get together and really make something of the scene again, I hope you'll be up for it!