English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.GameBase Amiga

Old 25 September 2007, 21:59   #1
AAG

GameBase Amiga - Move WHDLoad (v1.4.3).bat

Hi

I don't mean for this to sound like I'm complaining - because I not. I think your stuff is great!

However(!)

I've come accross a few issues with "GameBase Amiga - Move WHDLoad (v1.4.3).bat"

1) Invalid move command for BasketIslandDemo2_v1.1.zip
move "6940 WHDLoad WHDLoad\BasketIslandDemo2_v1.1.zip" "WHDLoad\6940 WHDLoad WHDLoad\BasketIslandDemo2_v1.1.zip"
2) Weird cr/lf in the batchf file
notepad doesn't line break, but wordpad does.
3) Your batch file has a move of "CJsElephantAntics_v1.1_0832.zip" - but I've got CJsElephantAntics_v1.1.zip.
Looking through KGWHD pack for 2007-07-08 188.9 MB, there's a CJsElephantAntics_v1.1.zip.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=30989
Was your batch file built from the 04/07/2007 pack - and I've got the 08/07/2007? (I know this is picky.)
Thanks

PS

It appears that there is a dat file, "Commodore Amiga - Games - WHDLoad (KGWHD-v2007-09-11_CM)" from

http://www.guildserver.co.uk/kgwhd/files.php.

(Presumably not listing Windows unfreindly file names)?

Is there any benefit is producing a dat file for the whdload games in GBAmiga?
Old 26 September 2007, 01:15   #2
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I can't help with everything but I can help with this issue....

CJsElephantAntics_v1.1_0832.zip

didn't work, it had an error when you died you never reappeared.

I replaced it in a later pack with

CJsElephantAntics_v1.1.zip

which had no errors.
Old 26 September 2007, 06:45   #3
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAG View Post
I don't mean for this to sound like I'm complaining - because I not. I think your stuff is great!

I've come accross a few issues with "GameBase Amiga - Move WHDLoad (v1.4.3).bat"
No worries. Bug reports are generally welcome.

Quote:
1) Invalid move command for BasketIslandDemo2_v1.1.zip
move "6940 WHDLoad WHDLoad\BasketIslandDemo2_v1.1.zip" "WHDLoad\6940 WHDLoad WHDLoad\BasketIslandDemo2_v1.1.zip"
My regular expression must've missed that one for some reason (see below). Thanks, I'll fix that.

Quote:
2) Weird cr/lf in the batchf file
notepad doesn't line break, but wordpad does.
The "weird cr/lf" are so weird because they're no cr/lf at all. The file has LF-only line breaks (which Wordpad happens to understand and plain Notepad doesn't). I've used one or two Unix tools (grep and maybe sed) in the creation of that file and my text editor just sticks with line breaks that are already there. I guess I'll convert the fixed version (see above) to Windows line breaks before re-uploading.

Quote:
3) Your batch file has a move of "CJsElephantAntics_v1.1_0832.zip" - but I've got CJsElephantAntics_v1.1.zip.
Looking through KGWHD pack for 2007-07-08 188.9 MB, there's a CJsElephantAntics_v1.1.zip.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=30989
Was your batch file built from the 04/07/2007 pack - and I've got the 08/07/2007? (I know this is picky.)
It wasn't created from any pack at all. It's a post-processed Access export of the Extras table in the GameBase Amiga database. I've filtered out a bunch of data with grep and regular expressions (either sed or the search&replace function of my text editor which also supports regexps, I don't remember) and then generated move commands from the list of filenames, also with regular expressions, hence problems 1) and 2).

Problem 3) has already been explained by KG and that simply means the wrong version is linked in GBA. I'll leave that one in.

The batch file was just a quick and dirty solution to sort out which archives were actually linked in GBA, which is why it's in the Misc download dir and not the Extras download dir. The average user doesn't need it, because extra archives in the WHDLoad Extras dir don't cause any problems.

Quote:
It appears that there is a dat file, "Commodore Amiga - Games - WHDLoad (KGWHD-v2007-09-11_CM)" from

http://www.guildserver.co.uk/kgwhd/files.php.

(Presumably not listing Windows unfreindly file names)?

Is there any benefit is producing a dat file for the whdload games in GBAmiga?
I suppose creating a dat would be a logical next step after that bat, but as I said, there's no real need for it anyways (which is why I didn't). Plus the files are guaranteed to be named "right" (as in what a dat would do) anyways because there's only one source (KG). So the bat really does the job.

Thanks again for reporting problem 1), I'll upload a fixed version in a few minutes. [Edit]Done.[/Edit]

Last edited by eLowar; 26 September 2007 at 06:52. Reason: Fixed version uploaded.