English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 17 November 2006, 23:10   #1
Highwayman

Is the Voyager browser abandoned?

Hi, is Voyager from Vaporware abandoned or still being sold/developed? I have version 1.0 which was released for free but would like to try a later version (non demo version)

http://www.vapor.com/order/ gives the message "Online registration is no longer available"....

cheers
Old 17 November 2006, 23:36   #2
P-J

Like with a lot of Amiga software, it's probably impossible to legally obtain it anymore. I don't think it's under development anymore anyway.

I tend to use this.
Old 18 November 2006, 01:12   #3
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Dont know about voyager, sorry. However I use I-Browse http://www.ibrowse-dev.net/ I find it much faster than AWeb.
Old 18 November 2006, 12:52   #4
Highwayman

Thanks all, i do have a copy of Aweb open source which runs ok just though the gui looked better on Voyager . Ibrowse doesnt work that well on the A2630 card that Ive got but that could be lack of ram (4 meg fast)

cheers
Old 18 November 2006, 18:54   #5
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman
Thanks all, i do have a copy of Aweb open source which runs ok just though the gui looked better on Voyager . Ibrowse doesnt work that well on the A2630 card that Ive got but that could be lack of ram (4 meg fast)
I think (y)our only hope is Amizilla, but I have no idea how that project is progressing if indeed it is progressing at all.

It's the only thing that stops me from creating a monster Amiga to have set up all the time. Well, that and lack of in IMAP mail client
Old 18 November 2006, 18:59   #6
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Voyager 2.xx won't run too well either with only 4Mb fastram because it requires MUI just like IBrowse. AWeb doesn't require MUI, so is less memory hungry and runs a bit faster on lower spec machines than the other two browsers.
Old 18 November 2006, 23:30   #7
DJBase
Amiga is my Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J
I think (y)our only hope is Amizilla, but I have no idea how that project is progressing if indeed it is progressing at all.

It's the only thing that stops me from creating a monster Amiga to have set up all the time. Well, that and lack of in IMAP mail client
Amizilla is an endless story. It would take ages before we will see anything usefull. Its a shame for all the money that was donated while other guys working on something real like Sputnik (its kind of khtml port, check http://www.ppa.pl/khtml/index_en.php). He did more in less time than the whole Amizilla project over the last years.