English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 12 October 2006, 01:08   #1
Azura

Multi-disk problem

HI!

i'm new to this forums, as you probably have noticed, and also to the WinUAE emulator. i'm glad i found this forum because i got a problem which is making me really pissed. anyway, everything seems to work perfect until there is a multi-disc game. "he" dosn't seem to detect it. i get error message.
disc 1 should be in floppy 1, and disc 2 should be in floppy 2, right? why dosn't it work. this is really getting on my nerves. works fine til i get to the disc 2. and yes, i have tried pressing the "fire" key after i have inserted the second one.
also tried go back to the floppy menu and changed to disc 2. still dosn't work. please help me. i would really preciate it.

thanks for advice.

Old 12 October 2006, 01:24   #2
DamienD
Banned

Hello Azura,

Welcome to EAB

Unfortunately not all games support 2 disk drives (or more)

Hmmm, what to tell you

... You can display the drive status in Full screen mode to see if I drive is being used by setting Settings --> Host --> Misc and ticking On-screen LEDs.

... If the game only uses 1 disk drive then you will need to eject the disk when the next disk is asked for. The quickest way to do this is press <End> + <F1> (DF0) or <F2> (DF1) or <F3> (DF2) or <F4> (DF3).

Any other questions, ask away
Old 12 October 2006, 01:57   #3
Azura

thanks alot for the help, DamienD and also for the welcome . i hope the WinUAE crew will fix this somehow. it's a shame. because i'd like to play Ork again. would bring back some good memories. anyway, i do have a question. which dosn't have anything with multi-disc to do. but,

i installed my WinUAE to the desktop in a folder. i created a config file to the game i wanted to play, saved it. but then i realised i didn't want my WinUAE folder on the desktop so i moved it to another hard-drive. i open the winuae.exe file from there. and i couldn't' load find the config file from there, even if the file still was in the configurations folder.
so my question is: do i have to make a new config file when i move the folder to another hard-drive? no big problem really but i find it rather strange.

thanks for advice.

Old 12 October 2006, 02:48   #4
DamienD
Banned

Hmmm, I've never played Ork. Did this work with 2 drives on a real Amiga? If so then it should also work with 2 drives in WinUAE...

Your other WinUAE issue... WinUAE uses UNC paths for the "default stuff" although I personally make separate directories for System ROMs + Videos to keep things neat (see image below). This means that you can move WinUAE anywhere and all these settings will be ok

Here's where I think your problem lies... Say you were to have a directory under your WinUAE path called Adf and then sub-directories for each game (as I do). You set everything up and add in the adf image/s. If you take a look the path for the adf image/s it will be:

Notice the path of the adf: Another World (Disk 1 of 2).adf { C:\AMIGA\Adf\Another World\ }

It's kept the full path... Obviously if you were to move WinUAE to a different folder Another World wouldn't work anymore

There's an easy work-around for this though... Just click on this text and manually modify it to look like: Another World (Disk 1 of 2).adf { .\Adf\Another World\ }

{note that I removed C:\AMIGA and replaced it with a .}

Now your games will have UNC paths as well as the "default stuff" and you can move WinUAE anywhere your heart desires without issues

I hope this makes sense?