English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 12 January 2006, 10:06   #1
Twe12ve

How to configure Joypad/Keyboard

Hello

Im very new to this, so sorry if its been covered. i spent about an hour browsing the site and configuring all the Kickstart and winUAE programmes and i finally got my first game to work (it came from the desert)

It works fine, however i cant control anything. i have a joypad i use for my SNES and GENESIS emulators and these are much more user friendly...normally i just configure the buttons and off you go.

i tried using a keyboard and setting this up but i cant access anything, i cant navigate the game or even get it started...

can someone let me know step by step on how to do this? i can only play the game on a small screen and it keeps saying "click the mouse middle button or alt-tab to exit" or something, it doesnt say how to increase screen size or anything.

ive been to the logical places to set up my keyboard or joypads but i cant get anything to work..
any pointers?

thanks in advance.

Brendan

Old 14 January 2006, 17:00   #2
Jerry

Hi and welcome to the board,
regarding your input problems:
Go to the Input section after loading your desired configuration or while setting your configuration up. In the upper-left corner you should select compatibility mode as a start. Then go to the Game & IO Ports section. Under mouse and joysticks you should select mouse or windows mouse for port 0 and your joystick for port 1.
Now when starting everything should be fine. Hope this helps.
Old 15 January 2006, 05:59   #3
Twe12ve

thanks heaps mate - will try this soon at let you know. cheers for your help.