English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 03 January 2006, 16:29   #1
Flexinoodle

WHDLoad questions

1 OK some games but not many tell me i have no WHDload installed and to locate a different file, I then locate WHDLoad and it now works fine.

Any config file or something i can change to point these particular games at the right place ?

2 When i use WHDLoad to install a game it does a similar thing but tells me i need to locate installer, When i locate it it is fine but is there any config file to do this ?

Sorry if these are silly questions but i have only actually played off floppy before and found WHDLoad about two weeks ago.

I'm going to register it if i can iron out these problems as for me (I only really play games on my Mig) it is probably the greatest thing ever written for the Amiga (As long as you dont count octamed hahahahaha)

Old 03 January 2006, 16:36   #2
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexinoodle
1 OK some games but not many tell me i have no WHDload installed and to locate a different file, I then locate WHDLoad and it now works fine.

Any config file or something i can change to point these particular games at the right place ?

2 When i use WHDLoad to install a game it does a similar thing but tells me i need to locate installer, When i locate it it is fine but is there any config file to do this ?

Sorry if these are silly questions but i have only actually played off floppy before and found WHDLoad about two weeks ago.

I'm going to register it if i can iron out these problems as for me (I only really play games on my Mig) it is probably the greatest thing ever written for the Amiga (As long as you dont count octamed hahahahaha)
Please tell us what system you have and what workbench version your using..it sounds like something is seriously messed up with your Workbench
Old 03 January 2006, 16:36   #3
thomas

Select the non-working icon and choose "Icon -> Information" from the menu. In the info window locate the text field labelled "Default tool" and point it to where WHDLoad resp. Installer is installed. You might also copy the programs to where the icons expect them in order to reduce future trouble (i.e. copy Installer to Sys:C and Sys:Utilities and WHDload probably belongs to Sys:C).
Old 03 January 2006, 17:39   #4
Flexinoodle

Sorry guys its winUAE and it's a 3.1 AIAB
I will try those thing now Thomas cheers.

Edit* Worked in both cases cheers again Thomas (Now to find out how to change that water pic in the background heheheh)

Last edited by Flexinoodle; 03 January 2006 at 17:56.