English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 31 July 2023, 12:14   #1
demether

pistorm rtg workbench doesn't switch with apps

Hi,

I have a pistorm amiga 1200, with a HD screen (using the hdmi of the pistorm raspberry). Workbench works fine in this rtg mode. ANd the apps were working too.

But suddenly (i don't know what I did wrong) some softwares doesn't work anymore : bars and pipes for instance.

THe software loads normaly (splash window etc...) but then, once loaded, instead of switching the screen to the app, it still shows the workbench, but I don't have the mouse pointer anymore, and in the white bar on top it doens"t show the specs anymore, only "workbench screen".

I believe the app is working behind the workbench (that's why I loose the mouse pointer) but I cannot reach it.

It was working in the past, I don't know what happened. Thank you for your help
Old 31 July 2023, 12:21   #2
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

It's very likely it's opened its own screen and that screen is using the native output on the Amiga. Can you connect that to a TV/Monitor and see if it's displayed there?
Old 31 July 2023, 12:35   #3
demether

Hi, thank you for your help, you are right, the software opens its own screen on the native output, instead of staying on the rtg mode on the main hd screen.

Now that I know the apps are working, how can I migrate them to the main rtg screen ? Bars and pipes was working flawlessly in rtg mode...until it stopped to work.

Soundprobe is also very "workbench friendly", it should work in rtg mode too.

How can I fix it ? What I did wrong ? thank you

edit : problem solved for soundprobe. I just went into the settings, and choosed the rtg mode. I even can use it in windowed mode directly in the workbench screen. Great piece of software.

I guess I have to do the same for bars and pipes. I'll keep you informed, thanks again.

edit2 : problem solved. For people who will have the same behaviour, don't forget the 2nd screen for native, then in the sofware use settings to use the rtg mode. THank you for your help.

Last edited by demether; 31 July 2023 at 12:46. Reason: problem solved
Old 31 July 2023, 12:46   #4
thomas

Try one of these:
http://aminet.net/package/util/cdity/NewMode_V39
http://aminet.net/package/util/cdity/ModePro