English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Asm / Hardware

Old 10 March 2022, 01:17   #1
DanielAllsopp

Trigger MOD Pattern

Evening! Not expecting anyone to be around at this time, but has anyone got any decent experience of using Frank Wille's ptplayer? I've got some mod's with a different pattern for end of level etc, and I see that ptplayer itself states this:

E8 command can be used as a trigger for your main program.

But I can't find any information on how to trigger a different pattern within the mod file itself, which is already playing. I've tried to move the pattern number into the function:

Code:
  moveq	#17,d0
  jsr _mt_E8Trigger
...but this just crashes out.

Can anyone help me out here? It would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10 March 2022, 09:54   #2
DanielAllsopp

Just doing some reading and E8 is for triggering events from the MOD file and not the other way around. So, it’s read-only.

Back to some reading…
Old 10 March 2022, 10:34   #3
phx
Natteravn

You can put any number of sub-songs into a module, which share the same instruments. Assuming your main song is between song-steps 0 and 10, you would put a B00-command at the end of its last pattern (at step 10) to loop back to step 0. Then you can assign your level-end pattern to song position 11 and start it by calling _mt_init with d0=11.

This is how we did it in our games. There is no function to play individual patterns yet, and I don't see why it is needed.
Old 10 March 2022, 11:03   #4
DanielAllsopp

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
You can put any number of sub-songs into a module, which share the same instruments. Assuming your main song is between song-steps 0 and 10, you would put a B00-command at the end of its last pattern (at step 10) to loop back to step 0. Then you can assign your level-end pattern to song position 11 and start it by calling _mt_init with d0=11.

This is how we did it in our games. There is no function to play individual patterns yet, and I don't see why it is needed.
Yeah, sub-songs is what I was referring to. Sorry about that. I've also just figured out that I need to call _mt_init again so I'm all sorted I think.

Thanks for your reply though