English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 08 November 2022, 17:59   #201
nikosidis

Paralax: I played this kind of games a lot in the arcades when I was young. Devils Temple is spot on regarding that kind of gameplay. This is not meant to be a modern game. Use the joystick fast to the left and right to shake off enemies. I hope you played the game with a 2-button joystick.
Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion. I would just not rate a game if I do not understand it.
Old 08 November 2022, 18:09   #202
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
Why should I allow you to post a shit review of my game (specifically my ability to program the game) while also giving you money in the process?
I had one guy (who also posts on this forum) not only talking shit about my game in a long winded post on my itch.io page, but also starting to have arguments with people who said they liked the game.

When I deleted his shit and blocked him from my itch page, he send me a mail here where he threatened me to "make this public", so the "Amiga scene could see what kind of person I am".

I didn't reply, but damn, I said to myself once again, that some people in this scene are really something else.

And for those who don't get it, an itch page is not a public discussion forum, nor is it a game review platform.

It's a place where people sell their games, and if you are just there to shit on these people's work, then be prepared to get told to f*** off. Really.

There are enough places on the internet for these people to get their bile out. Putting this unto an itch page is like standing in a store and screaming "everything they sell here is shit". Look how long the people running the place will tolerate that.

And then starting to blackmail people who LITERALLY SPENT YEARS creating something you just shat upon in their store because your ego got hurt is something I cannot even start to comprehend. How fucking tiny must your micro cock be to even think about doing this?

and @Paralax: This game is obviously Kung Fu Master in a really nice package and doesn't exactly hide it. If you don't want to play Kung Fu Master, play something else. Problem solved.
Old 08 November 2022, 18:40   #203
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALAX View Post
Unfortunately I have to disagree. I don't earn a cent with our Twitch channel and I don't have an advertising contract or anything like that. I just referred to the channel and the recorded liveshow, like others do with their gameplay videos in the comments. And of course I don't have a problem with it if you don't want it.

It has always been my goal to report on the games that I have been writing about or presenting online for many years as objectively as possible and at the same time according to my own feelings. And of course I referred to the original when I presented the preview, but I wasn't able to play it due to time constraints. Apart from that, nothing would have changed in my opinion that the game has fundamental playful weaknesses - on the contrary!

I also never said it was a bad game, see my first sentence. From a technical point of view it is even excellent. I only pointed out the weaknesses in the game from the point of view of someone who has never played the original with the assumption that it is a bug. And I'm of the opinion that casual gamers shouldn't simply be ignored either, such as those who travel in their thousands with their parents to games fairs like Gamescom - one of the most important in the world, by the way. That's why I mentioned the beginner-friendly mode, so that even someone who never played the original can get along with it and not lose interest in it so quickly, but apparently that was probably asking too much.

I was really looking forward to it and would have loved to have shown it on one of the larger events we attend each year. But as it is at the moment, it will probably cause too much frustration among the audience.
You're not very good at playing games, nor are you any good at reviewing games. And that's my opinion. And I'll be precisely telling nobody that you or your Twitch stream exists.

Do you see how that works?

It pisses me off that I have to give morons like you airtime. While I'm at it, if you're going to complain about the price of a game, be sure to have actually paid for it before you give your opinions. The point of the demo is for potential customers to see if they like the game and that it works on their system, it's not there for morons to give uninformed reviews, although painful as it is, that is something beyond my control.
Old 08 November 2022, 19:01   #204
PARALAX

Send a message via ICQ to PARALAX
Quote:
You're not very good at playing games, nor are you any good at reviewing games. And that's my opinion. And I'll be precisely telling nobody that you or your Twitch stream exists.

Do you see how that works?

It pisses me off that I have to give morons like you airtime. While I'm at it, if you're going to complain about the price of a game, be sure to have actually paid for it before you give your opinions. The point of the demo is for potential customers to see if they like the game and that it works on their system, it's not there for morons to give uninformed reviews, although painful as it is, that is something beyond my control.

Everyone has their own opinion! As long as you can deal with people who have different opinions, it's totally fine. However, my impression is different after such posts, because unlike you, I do not need to get too close to critics or even to insult them. And that is, among other things, what makes a review: expressing criticism without being insulting. And I've been doing really well with it for years. If you don't want your games or playable demos to be reviewed, then don't publish them. Where is the problem? There's no reason to get so upset about it, nor to be insulting.
Old 08 November 2022, 19:09   #205
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Everyone has their own opinion! As long as you can deal with people who have different opinions, it's totally fine. However, my impression is different after such posts, because unlike you, I do not need to get too close to critics or even to insult them. And that is, among other things, what makes a review: expressing criticism without being insulting. And I've been doing really well with it for years. If you don't want your games or playable demos to be reviewed, then don't publish them. Where is the problem? There's no reason to get so upset about it, nor to be insulting.
Dude, you are criticizing a game for being true to its original, a game that you don't even know about as we have now found out.

How many people do you need telling you this is a bad practice and you should maybe just shut up and be ashamed?

"Oh my god, this game that says 'Green Beret' on its cover plays like Green Beret. What a shame"
Old 08 November 2022, 19:13   #206
manossg

Quote:
Of course opinions might differ on what is playable and fun and that is perfectly ok.

What is not ok is claiming to 'review' a game that is blatantly hommage to a classic arcade and being so lazy as to not spend at least a few minutes into researching the game it is based on. This actually tells more about the thoroughness (and, therefore, value) of said "reviews" than about the actual game being reviewed.
Old 08 November 2022, 19:19   #207
mcgeezer

Quote:
You insulted me when you posted your review on my itch page with a link to your channel. What exactly am I supposed to do? Be thankful at your ill founded comments? Look at it from my point of view for potential customers who read things like "the game is unfinished", it won't make them buy it for sure, or look at your comments here sprawling the same untruths.

Take my insults as intended sir, you are an attention seeking moron. I have several private messages supporting my comments from members on the A1K.

It's a shame Amiga 37 has already gone because I'd quite happily give you my thoughts in person given the opportunity as I recall I was sitting in the same Greek restaurant as you on the Saturday evening before SetPatch.

Leave it at that, I have better things to do than waste my time on this utter fucking drivel of a conversation.
Old 08 November 2022, 19:30   #208
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the Amiga community, for all the newcomers!
[meant there are plenty like kirby avatar above]
Old 08 November 2022, 19:45   #209
PARALAX

Send a message via ICQ to PARALAX
Quote:
You insulted me when you posted your review on my itch page with a link to your channel. What exactly am I supposed to do? Be thankful at your ill founded comments? Look at it from my point of view for potential customers who read things like "the game is unfinished", it won't make them buy it for sure, or look at your comments here sprawling the same untruths.

Take my insults as intended sir, you are an attention seeking moron. I have several private messages supporting my comments from members on the A1K.

It's a shame Amiga 37 has already gone because I'd quite happily give you my thoughts in person given the opportunity as I recall I was sitting in the same Greek restaurant as you on the Saturday evening before SetPatch.

Leave it at that, I have better things to do than waste my time on this utter fucking drivel of a conversation.

I didn't break the itch.io community rules just by writing my personal opinion on the game, that's what the review feature is for and I'm not the only one using it. It's also not my style to sugarcoat things that don't match the actual impression. Nevertheless, I will revise the text again and point out the weaknesses of the original. However, it wouldn't have changed my mind if we sat across from each other (and yes, I was in the restaurant and at the SetPatch party too). For me it's rather disappointing how some people react when you give your honest opinion. That's it from my side. I wish you success!
Old 08 November 2022, 19:50   #210
mcgeezer

Quote:
I didn't break the Community Rules from itch.io when writing my personal opinion on the game, that's what the review feature is for and I'm not the only one using it. It's also not my style to sugarcoat things that don't match the actual impression. Nevertheless, I will revise the text again and point out the weaknesses of the original. However, it wouldn't have changed my mind if we sat across from each other (and yes, I was in the restaurant and at the SetPatch party too). For me it's rather disappointing how some people react when you give your honest opinion. That's it from my side. I wish you success!
It's my itch page, it's my rules. Write what you want here, but don't ever expect me to roll over and take stupid opinions (especially from streamers) as constructive criticism.
Old 08 November 2022, 19:52   #211
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Was this all needed?
Old 08 November 2022, 20:04   #212
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Was this all needed?
Who is your question to?
Old 08 November 2022, 21:07   #213
BippyM
Global Moderator

Okay, everyone change subject now. Enough has been said. I don't want to close this thread.

Life is too short guys... Honestly it really is.. Move on and enjoy your lives and be nice to others.
Old 09 November 2022, 07:58   #214
dirkies
Zone Friend

Just to put all this wise nose crap aside, here are some photos of a restored KFM arcade on Facebook, restoration just finished last week, so lovely to see

Old 09 November 2022, 08:19   #215
dirkies
Zone Friend

And also, here is some footage of the never released kung fu Master 2 arcade game "Beyond Kung Fu" from 1987. too bad no known dump exists, even if the game development was never finished (or so it seems)
For those who understand french, the background of this story is quite interesting.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 09 November 2022, 10:06   #216
str0m

Very nice! They have it in the Arcade Club in Leeds UK as well
Old 09 November 2022, 11:47   #217
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Yes, we also have it in our local arcade hall.
Old 09 November 2022, 12:38   #218
rabidgerry

I'm just adding here based on some comments a little further back, that I have never played Kung Fu Master in my life. I knew about it and that's about it!

I'm not a fantastic game player either. But within 2 days I'd made it Stage 8 in Devil's Temple on easy mode (of course). No idea what the issue is with that.

A highscore board would be a lovely edition mcgeezer but if doesn't happen, I won't lose sleep over it. I'm still having loads of fun with the game even if the Girl boss in Level 4 is a total bitch to beat sometimes!

I think this is a great addition to the Amiga game catalogue and to have any new games in 2022 is amazing for us enthusiasts.

Can't wait for the next Geezer game.
Old 09 November 2022, 13:29   #219
dirkies
Zone Friend

The original arcade had a scoreboard, maybe mcgeezer can add that to his original unfinished plan of the 1984 KFM redux.
I never got further than floor 2 in the arcades, and never saw someone complete it, luckily there are now longplays on YouTube to check that out!
Still fascinating to witness what can be extracted from old machines today, imagine this released as some Amiga pack in the late 80s, would have sold like hotcakes
Old 09 November 2022, 13:38   #220
mcgeezer

For those who missed out on a boxed order, due to cancellations I've added 6 more glossy boxes into stock at www.geezergames.co.uk.

They'll probably go pretty fast.