English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 23 December 2009, 14:31   #1
cali

Smile Pinball Illusions CD32 Multiball Graphic Error WinUAE

Hi out there, I have the latest release of WinUAE 2.0.0.0 and I am facing the problem, that graphical errors occur in the Multiball Mode of th Pinball Illusions Amiga CD32 Version (Table Babewatch) . I modified any graphical option on WinUAE, but the problem remains still the same. Can anyone please verify this problem and does any solution for this promblem exist? Thanks in advance.

Old 23 December 2009, 20:08   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

"error" = Normal interlace artifacts or something else? Only in 2.0?
Old 24 December 2009, 10:05   #3
cali

Hi Toni, thank you for your prompt reply! I also had the problem with the 1.6.1 version, my hope was, that thanks to the improved CD32 compatibility of the new WinUAE version, this problem will be history. Please don't missunderstand me - I don't want to criticise the great WinUAE software, I am wondering if I am not able to find the right settings or this thing cannot be solved, because of technical conditions. The "graphical errors" in the multiball mode are ghosty / flashing balls (don't know how to describe it better) - which are really hard to play in a pinball multiball mode.

Old 24 December 2009, 14:56   #4
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Id try the new 2.0.1 since some aga stuff was fixed (used to show some of those random lines in this game). I tried to replicate the issue, but apart from the usual interlace artifacts there was no flickering or ghosting. I used the cd32 quickstart config.
Old 25 December 2009, 13:57   #5
cali

Hi Mad-Matt, did you also played the Multiball mode? I am facing no problems until I have more than 1 ball on the table. After loosing the additional balls (which happens very fast, because of the "ghosty" balls) I come back to the normal 1 ball mode without any errors.

Old 25 December 2009, 16:33   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Use A1200 quickstart, attach statefile when multiball is about to start (or started), also attach screenshot, thanks.
Old 26 December 2009, 01:00   #7
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali View Post
Hi Mad-Matt, did you also played the Multiball mode? I am facing no problems until I have more than 1 ball on the table. After loosing the additional balls (which happens very fast, because of the "ghosty" balls) I come back to the normal 1 ball mode without any errors.
Yeah everything is fine, apart from the usual interlace issues. Still playable..just No difference in single ball or multiball in hires mode. (F10)
Old 26 December 2009, 08:53   #8
cali

Hello Toni, sorry for the maybe stupid question: How can I create a statefile? I'll try to get a screenshot. Mad-Matt, honestly it makes me jealous, that your multiball mode works fine - this indicates that I made something wrong. Meanwhile I tried a another PC but I got the same problem. Do you use AGA adf files or the CD32 version? I play this game from the original CD32 CD and the corresponding image - is it possible, that this makes a difference? Thanks for your support.

Old 26 December 2009, 10:44   #9
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali View Post
Hello Toni, sorry for the maybe stupid question: How can I create a statefile?
Miscalleneous -> Save state
This will create a .uss file you can attach here then.
Old 26 December 2009, 19:03   #10
cali

Hi, I got two screenshots from the Babewatch table im multiball mode. The "ghosty" balls occur in the Low- and Hi-Res mode. On the first picture you can see the "problematic" ball in the middle of the tabel, on the second picture there is the "black hole" nearby the left flipper, which is one of the silver balls.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HiRes Multiball.JPG
Views:	433
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	23750   Click image for larger version

Name:	LoRes Multiball.JPG
Views:	600
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	23751  

Old 27 December 2009, 01:08   #11
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

I managed to get a similar thing to happen by not running in CE mode. Switching back to ce mode everything work good again, so cd32 profile should be enough for game to play correctly.

Last edited by Mad-Matt; 27 February 2021 at 14:33.
Old 27 December 2009, 13:17   #12
cali

Hi Mad-Matt, thanks for your work - I used the CD32 Quickstart configuration and changed to the cycle exact mode and it works! So the silver balls do not become "ghosty", but the interlace artifacts remain in the full table view - which means the silver balls have broad lines. But I think this is a minor problem. Thank you for your help!

Old 27 December 2009, 13:40   #13
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It still might be a bug in 2.x (even if it works in CE) Does http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip work better using your old configuration?

You can try "Remove interlace artifacts" option but it can also make things worse..
Old 20 February 2010, 11:58   #14
sean_skroht

Hey there,

I tried the above suggestions in regards to trying to fix the multiball glitch, including cycle exact mode, remove interlace artifacts etc but im still finding no joy. I've tried the latest WinUAE beta but still no luck.

Ive included a pic which pretty much echoes the same problem others are having. As you can see, it's the left ball, just above the left flipper, that is the problem. It flickers in and out of existance and has a black border that butterflys around it. I have my doubts its an interlace issue, because as soon as the right ball falls between the flippers and leaves the table, the left ball returns to normal.

Anyone got any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pinball Illusions.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	24334