English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 06 December 2019, 17:41   #1
dschallock

pass-through conflict between picasso iv and os 3.1.4?

the video pass through on the picasso iv is not working with 3.1.4 roms and fresh OS install for me.
If I interrupt boot up by holding down both mouse buttons the pass through works.
If I then boot with no startup-sequence the pass through on the card continues to work.
The Picasso iv manual mentions (When installing on 3.1 systems) that if there is another devs:monitor/ file other than NTSC and PAL the pass through wouldn't work. I thought that was probably what was happening but the drawer only had NTSC in it.
Something in that startup-sequence is conflicting with it.
Frustrating cause I don't want to go back to 3.1 just to fix this.
Any ideas?
Thanks ahead of time for the help!
Old 06 December 2019, 19:21   #2
Jope
-

Did you check the Picasso 96 settings that passthrough is indeed enabled?
Old 09 December 2019, 23:23   #3
dschallock

Solved

This issue has been solved. I wanted to post the answer to this forum for any who might search for it in the future.

There is not an inherent conflict between OS 3.1.4 and the picasso iv and it's pass through of the video signal. There is a conflict with Progressive Peripheral's Mercury accelerator's 68040.library and the pps040.library when installed in 3.1.4 and the functionality of the picasso iv's functionality.
Instead of installing PPS Mercury install software for the accelerator, all one needs to do with their 3000 is to: 1) physically install the accelerator card. 2) install OS 3.1.4 ROMS and OS and 3) install Thomas Richter's MMUlib package found on Aminet http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/MMULib That package includes a 68040.library that allows the accelerator to work seemingly perfect and the picasso iv video signal works perfectly as well.

Thanks,
Dan