Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaRomeo View Post
Hi Paulo,
Welcome to "our" thread.
If you read all this thread you already "know" me a little
Actually beyond my A1260 shown in this thread
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=39497
I´m a proud owner of:
- A towered A1200 with a Blizzard 1240, 32MB RAM, 4GB CF card, Multi-Card reader, USBs, Mediator TX with 128MB Radeon 9200 running AOS3.9
- A SAM440EP with 4GB CF card and 320GB disk running AOS4.1.2
- Standard A600 waiting an ACA630 already purshased from AMIGAKIT and a
8" PS2 monitor (already have it but lost the remote ) to connect to
A600 so I could make the A600 a bit like a laptop.
- A standard CD32 purshased from xpect
Briefly will post some pictures from my towered A1240
Nice mod, i saw that you have a VGA port put didn't notice indivision AGA on it... I'm thinking purchasing one from vesalia or amigakit the minute Individual computers starts manufacturing again, i saw on there website that soon they will be on the shelves. What didi you use instead Indivision AGA?
I enjoyed your cuting skills very cool.
Like i said earlier i picked up my "almost forgotten" stock Amigas a year ago. I used them for playing and that's it. Now that i work on the computer bussiness and my knowledge grown a "little", since then, i decided to mod my 1200 and my brother's too.
The biggest problem i had was with the cutting, i was amazed by the quality of the A1200 case, it was not easy to cut it, i made a pretty messy job but in the end it all worked out fine.
I can't say the same about the 1200 boards (I have 1D4 and my brother's a 2B) they are very fragile.
I have put on them CD-ROM, E-matrix and ACA1230(Really great this new card) CFHD, Kick 3.1 and they are running Classic Workbench.
This last year is been an enjoyable learning experience.
Almost forgot, the 500's(Both Rev. 6A) have kick switcher on them 1.3 and 3.1 ROMS plus an external Memory expansion 2 Mb and an internal one that i have a lot of trouble trying to make it work as you can see in this thread http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=728964#post728964 .
Meanwhile i became a "master" modding PC Floppy Drives to work on the amiga, made my own 4 player adapters, RGB to Scart cables and modified a few PC Power supply's to work on the amiga(Just for fun).

I also loved to get my hands on a A600 and a CD32, but i don't really want to spend a lot of money on them (my wife will throw me on the street if i spent money on them), just waiting for a miracle and hoping that someone would want to get rid of them for free or for a low price

Last edited by paulo_becas; 13 January 2011 at 10:08.
Old 13 January 2011, 13:39   #122
AlfaRomeo
A1200 040 SAM440EP 667

At the time I had a Scan Doubler/Flicker Fix in my A1200 but now instead I have a Indivision and exchange the ScanDoubler to my A1240 tower.
Why you don´t post some pictures of your mod´s so we can see?
I wish you luck with your A500 expansions.. maybe you can try your expansions in another A500 so can be sure that the expansions are really ok or if it exist any incompatibility in between.
Old 13 January 2011, 16:30   #123
paulo_becas

Quote:
Why you don´t post some pictures of your mod´s so we can see?
Check my albuns in my profile, i'll intend to put there more photos but you can see one of them (my brother's 1200). Next time i opened it i'll take a few pictures and post them there.
Old 13 January 2011, 19:51   #124
AlfaRomeo
A1200 040 SAM440EP 667

Man.. you also has a great spectrum collection, did you bought it from ebay??
I started my Spectrum collection last year, have already a Spectrum +3 bought in cash converters with divIDE + CFcard, my cousin gave me a +2 working but in bad condition and a collegue gave me 2 standard 48K´s also in bad condition(already bought a Spectrum + case from Ebay to repair one of the 48k).
I liked to have a original C64 but until now haven´t won any one in Ebay..
Liked the very clear image from rgb->scart cable made by you.. man, you´r a pro

My Towered A1200:
http://postimage.org/gallery/2hy9lbbyg/

Last edited by AlfaRomeo; 13 January 2011 at 22:14.
Old 13 January 2011, 22:45   #125
paulo_becas

Quote:
Man.. you also has a great spectrum collection, did you bought it from ebay??
I started my Spectrum collection last year, have already a Spectrum +3 bought in cash converters with divIDE + CFcard, my cousin gave me a +2 working but in bad condition and a collegue gave me 2 standard 48K´s also in bad condition(already bought a Spectrum + case from Ebay to repair one of the 48k).
I liked to have a original C64 but until now haven´t won any one in Ebay..
Liked the very clear image from rgb->scart cable made by you.. man, you´r a pro

My Towered A1200:
http://postimage.org/gallery/2hy9lbbyg/
Theres one Spectrum missing from the Pic, Timex 2068 but is in bad shape still waiting for me to have some spare time to put it up and runing. They all have a funny story to tell.
The 48K you see in the picture is one of my precious babys, i bought it from an old guy in Feira da Vandoma in Porto, you have Feira da Ladra, it was very expensive, hehehe, 3€, i was amazed because if you saw it you can see that is completely new, it is unbeliveble the shape is in, it was boxed too, the guy said that he used it 3 or 4 times since then it was boxed for over 20 years, can you believe that?
I bought the 48k plus in the same day but it was in pretty bad shape but now is up and running it costs 2€ . The 128K +2 was a gift from a friend last year and is completely new.
Another funny story was that Timex 2048, my father in law found it in the garbage and he didn't knew what that was and brought it to me because he knew that i was in the computer biz, i could not believe my eyes when i saw it, pure luck i guess and is in good shape too.
The 128k+ belonged to my neighbour and was bought in 1988 by his father and we spent days in a row playing in it, a couple of years ago his father put it on a bag and was ready to throw it away but before that asked me if i was interested in it, well you know the answer for that.
You already have one(128k +3) that i want and i still didn't get my hands on one.

About the C64, if you have a spare 600, or 1200 i'll be glad to trade with you. Both of mine 64 are in great shape.

And by the way i just saw your pictures and damn, you got some serious machine there, congratulations.

It's time to see what we can trade with each other, don't you agree?

Last edited by paulo_becas; 13 January 2011 at 22:51.
Old 14 January 2011, 00:06   #126
AlfaRomeo
A1200 040 SAM440EP 667

man.. You´r a lucky guy!!
I liked to know where is feira da Vandoma so could, sometime, visit it cause my girlfriend is from Guimarães and I go often to the north
Usually I go in feira da ladra since I was 10 (almost 34 years ago) but, until now, every Spectrum I found in there it´s €20 up and normally it´s in bad shape.
I forget to tell that I have a Timex2068 too and this one was purshased in feira da ladra some years ago(I think it costs me around €20 yet in escudos).
I liked to have something to trade but I haven´t spares (only some not working A1200 and a A600 to spares ) although if you want to sell a C64 we can make some business

Last edited by AlfaRomeo; 14 January 2011 at 00:13.
Old 14 January 2011, 11:46   #127
paulo_becas

Quote:
man.. You´r a lucky guy!!
I liked to know where is feira da Vandoma so could, sometime, visit it cause my girlfriend is from Guimarães and I go often to the north
Usually I go in feira da ladra since I was 10 (almost 34 years ago) but, until now, every Spectrum I found in there it´s €20 up and normally it´s in bad shape.
I forget to tell that I have a Timex2068 too and this one was purshased in feira da ladra some years ago(I think it costs me around €20 yet in escudos).
I liked to have something to trade but I haven´t spares (only some not working A1200 and a A600 to spares ) although if you want to sell a C64 we can make some business
Well, feira da Vandoma is on Saturday's morning in Fontainhas under Ponte do Infante. Now is becoming harder to find people who wants to get rid of this precious.

When you intend to stop by Porto we could meet to have a cofee and to talk about the amiga. I see that you are an upgrading pro and i could use some tips.

Do you have any spare working 1200 Board that you want to get rid? , and by the way a 1200 case to?? we could start there.
I want to make a 1200 tower but i just don't want to mess with mine.
I have a few spare old consoles too.
Old 14 January 2011, 13:47   #128
AlfaRomeo
A1200 040 SAM440EP 667

Thanks for the info about Vandoma.
Yes, when I intend to go in the north again (possibly at February) I can contact you and if you want we meet and have a cofee.
About spares, as I said, the only spares I have are non working ones. But A1200 case maybe I can get one(a bit yellowed) for you.
There is a guy from gondomar at Ebay.es that has 2 A600/A1200 boards to sell, 1 of their lost a chip and the spare board that I have has that chip. I already thinked about buy the A600 one and desolder the chip of my own and solder it in the purshased one but haven´t the instruments for work SMD

Last edited by AlfaRomeo; 14 January 2011 at 13:54.
Old 13 October 2011, 11:02   #129
jvidia

One more "tuga" here \m/
Old 13 October 2011, 11:48   #130
paulo_becas

Welcome Jorge.

Check your email
Old 20 October 2011, 09:39   #131
Portugeeza1

what's going on here a party in Portugal and I was not invited?
Old 20 October 2011, 10:52   #132
BlueAchenar
Not dead yet!!! :D

Party? Where? Where?
Old 20 October 2011, 11:02   #133
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugeeza1 View Post
what's going on here a party in Portugal and I was not invited?
Join the party, but don't forget the beer, we're running out of it
Old 20 October 2011, 14:48   #134
Flink

Now that's a good idea, a party!

In the good old days, there were a few Amiga parties nearby called MiraAmiga (no prizes for guessing where they took place).

They were great get-togethers, with people from all over the industry. Even back then, we had a big projector screen for playing Sensible Soccer properly!

I took my Amiga 4000 there a couple of times. There was this episode of one of the attendees' Amiga flying off the car through the windshield, on an emergency braking, landing 20 meters away from the car. Despite a scratched case and a dead hard drive, the machine was back up online and kicking that very same day. The survivor!

But I digress. As soon as I have my prioritary stuff sorted out, I'll call my old friends from Amigaland and have a great Amiga gaming day!
Old 20 October 2011, 20:40   #135
Portugeeza1

Oh yes a party would be fun, but where would it be held? the problem is we are all in different parts of Portugal.
Old 27 October 2011, 10:19   #136
Flink

Are you guys into other operating systems? I assume so, having tasted AmigaOS back in the day, it should be really difficult to settle for anything else... and do you program in any way? Java, C, C++, or scripting languages like Python, Ruby, PHP? Or perhaps you do some graphics work? And do you still like to play the Amiga's retro gems (Sensible Soccer, Wiz'n'Liz, Megalomania, Hired Guns, LionHeart, Dynablaster, Gravity Force, ...)?

The reason I ask is that ever since I entered university I wanted to do an "alternative" operating systems party: the WASP! Or Wordwide Alternative Systems Party! I've got the logo design and a couple of ideas for it shelved somewhere. It basically consists of a simple get together of people interested in the World outside the Wintel bubble; AmigaOS, MacOS, Linux, Solaris, Java J2ME on cell phones, Android... I envisioned it with four corners, one for programming, one for graphics artists, one for music artists and one for players. The idea was that people could learn from one another, and maybe build a small project together (a game idea, maybe?).

It would require a lot of attendants (from the 3 different areas) to pull something like this off satisfactorily, but I guess we could do a small party with Amiga people, and just share our experiences, our history, and some game playing.

Truth is we already have a very big, strong "LAN party" for developers in Portugal: the Sapo Codebits. They have amazing resources and put up a spectacular show, and being somewhat web-centric, the core technologies on the party are very interesting and often out of the Wintel world.

Does any of you intend on going this year? I'm already accepted!
Old 27 October 2011, 12:01   #137
jvidia

Pq estamos todos a falar inglês ?

Devia-se fazer um thread em portugues. É contra as regras?
Old 27 October 2011, 12:30   #138
Flink

This is the English Amiga Board, so it's good manners to speak English IMHO... so that everyone can understand us.

Besides, I've been doing it since I was 4. Even in the old days, you'd be hard pressed to find a pure portuguese BBS (although portuguese sysops were easy to find ). Almost all of my technical textbooks in university were in English. When I finished my degree, there were a couple of books coming out in their Portugueese/Brazilian guises, but translations were confusing, unfamiliar, and sometimes downright hilarious! In the Sedra-Smith tome, for example, edge-triggered circuits translated to "circuitos engatilhados pela borda"!
Old 27 October 2011, 17:47   #139
Tiago

ohhh - Tugas !?
Hello people !!! one more Tuga !!!!!!
I am from Estoril/Lisbon
Old 27 October 2011, 17:56   #140
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
ohhh - Tugas !?
Hello people !!! one more Tuga !!!!!!
I am from Estoril/Lisbon
Hi Tiago! and welcome to the Amiga World and the best forum around.
Tugas are always welcome.