English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 May 2017, 21:17   #81
DamienD
Banned

No problem at all Havie

I do these games for myself really in order to add to my WinUAE collection, but also enjoy helping others out if I can (hence the .LHA files)

Thank you kindly for testing and am very happy to hear you had no issues
Old 03 May 2017, 21:11   #82
Havie

You do a great job so don't stop!
Old 13 January 2019, 10:23   #83
thairacerjp

HI ALL ! i have some serious trouble with this game that i never had before , first, thanks DamienD for you help for many years in this forum , so the joke is that i cannot have this F..K great sound in this great game, i wanted to test this game (after testing NemaC IV) for testing the Best fps on the CD32 TF328 and the forecoming TF330, i have classic Amiga Workbench 3.1. I have tried your version lha, it have took about 2 hours for decompress on CD32 ! , after i apply the "scipt" (i was tying to type script in the Shell but nothing happends lol ! , after i understood that i have to copy what is in the file , the operation seems good, i had the message for said it was finished but after check, the game didin't found the cdxl file. Anyway, my sound problem is that in the engine setting menu / sound, any choice for car sound (paula), even i save setting, still no sound and when i return to the sound menu, sound is always "off" , so i have searched in the AHI programm, install many version, have check (like said on the FAQ of this game) that in my DEVS/LIBS there is not other sound card installed (toccata, concerto..) cause it's a common problem for this game. i have tested on my CD32 TF328, on my WINUAE classic workbench, tested another version ripped but same.... and burned the CD but it won't boot, normal it's not CD32 , copied the files of the devs/L/LIBS from original CD to my workbench files but nothing happends ???
this game ask for 8 mo ram 68020, so i'm in the blue

edit : i noticed that when i goes in workbench setting on AHI icon, i cannot open ! is it normal ?
and there is sound in intro !

Last edited by thairacerjp; 13 January 2019 at 10:38.
Old 13 January 2019, 12:37   #84
DamienD
Banned

Hey thairacerjp,

I'm a little confused by your post. Did you eventually get it working with sound?

I presume you followed these instructions and also installed AHI v4.18?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Phew, so found a solution!!!

...a bit more fiddly than what I had hoped; it was supposed to be just "extract and go" but given the 192MB .CDXL file it wasn't to be sadly...

Anyway, here is the required process. Follow this exactly to letter:

a) Download the "GeneticSpeciesAGA.lha" file from the EAB File Server under the directory "~Uploads/DamienD/LHAs".
b) Copy to somewhere on your Amiga's hard drive.
c) Extract to wherever you like.
d) Run a Shell, change into "<wherever you extracted to>/Genetics/Geneticspecies".
e) Enter "script".
f) After completion, just to clean things up, enter "delete script".
Old 13 January 2019, 12:59   #85
thairacerjp

Hi Damiend, yes my problem is that there is not sound in game, only in intro,
I have tried différents ahi drivers, i Will check this One ! But in settings when i activate sound, It return to workbench and ask me witch sound card i want (paula, paula hifi ..)
And i do « save » but It doesn’t .
Old 13 January 2019, 13:13   #86
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
Hi Damiend, yes my problem is that there is not sound in game, only in intro,
I have tried différents ahi drivers, i Will check this One ! But in settings when i activate sound, It return to workbench and ask me witch sound card i want (paula, paula hifi ..)
And i do « save » but It doesn’t .
Weird, usually after the intro the game will drop back to Workbench and show these sound options:

I usually just leave as is; most of the other Paula options work though.

To be honest, when you install AHI you only need Paula selected unless you've installed the other cards in your system.
Old 13 January 2019, 13:19   #87
thairacerjp

Yes, i think the problem is at this point, i had never had this windows at the start of the game, i'm going to install again your version, how long it should takes to make the script ? on CD32, all is longuer than on winuae
meanwhile i follow his tips from Vulcan editor or the game :

Quote:
I am experiencing problems mounting the Genetic Species CDRom?

Genetic Species was burned using a new ISO standard called "ISO9660". Some of the older Amiga CDRom file systems do not support this standard and will result in a corrupt file structure being displayed. We advise that you obtain one of the following 100% tested CDRom mounting systems.
AmiCDFileSystem (Not Tested)
AsimCDFS (Works 100%)
QDriveFileSystem (Not Tested)
CDRom-Handler (Works 100%)
CDFileSystem (Corrupt CD Filestructure)
CDplusplusFS (Works 100%)
AmiCDFS (Works 100%)
CacheCDFS (Corrupt CD Filestructure)
When I run `UseCDLibs` then run `Genetics` my system freezes after the animation and introductions.

"UseCDLibs" forces Genetics to use the cd.device supplied on the GS CDRom. If you are not using the cd.device to access your CD then your system could freeze or crash when entering the game. Our advice is to not use the "UseCDLibs" program.
If I don`t run "UseCDLibs" I cannot get any Digital sound from within GS.

That`s because the AHI system is on the GS CDRom, you should copy the contents of the GS CDRom "L" "LIBS" "DEVS" and "C" directories into your Hard Drive equivalent locations to install AHI on your Hard Drive. Note: Do not copy the "cd.device" file from the "DEVS" directory if you are using another device to read the data on the CD.
AHI Does not seem to like me?

Before you start the game you must be aware that the AHI requester does not like it if you have audiomodes in DEVS:Audiomodes/ without having the right soundboard for these modes. The result can be everything from a crash to no sound.
If you do not have a Concierto soundboard then Delete DEVS:Audiomodes/Concierto
If you do not have a Delfina soundboard then Delete DEVS:Audiomodes/Delfina
If you do not have a MaestroPro soundboard then Delete DEVS:Audiomodes/MaestroPro
If you do not have a Melody soundboard then Delete DEVS:Audiomodes/Melody
If you do not have a Prelude soundboard then Delete DEVS:Audiomodes/Prelude
If you do not have a Toccata soundboard then Delete DEVS:Audiomodes/Toccata
If you do not have a Wavetools soundboard then Delete DEVS:Audiomodes/Wavetools
Some AHI Audiomodes don't seem to work on my system?

This could be the AHI 'CPU Usage Limit'. You might have to enter the 'SYS:Prefs/AHI' program and click 'Advanced Settings', change the 'CPU Usage Limit' to 100% then save these new settings.
Old 13 January 2019, 13:44   #88
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Yes, i think the problem is at this point, i had never had this windows at the start of the game
If you don't have that window after the intro then AHI must not be installed successfully.

When installing AHI, for some reason, it complains about the following:

You need to download this and copy "Installer" into C.

Quote:
i'm going to install again your version, how long it should takes to make the script ? on CD32, all is longuer than on winuae
Ok, just tested running the script on a standard AGA 68020 configuration. It took about 30 seconds to complete:

Old 13 January 2019, 13:56   #89
thairacerjp

i have installed AHI and haven't got error, i will fix it, i expand your version on winuae, it long to but i believed it , thanks for details for opération, i must succes for honor this game is stunning !
Old 13 January 2019, 14:50   #90
thairacer-jp

so installation is OK ! i have intro and no mesage error anyway but i didin't have the windos at the start for choose audio and if i want change in game, it does'nt save audio "ON" , i have installed your AHI version but still issue sound......

Old 13 January 2019, 14:59   #91
DamienD
Banned

Hmmm, I'm not sure why you wouldn't have this before the game starts after installing AHI v4.18:

Maybe someone else more knowledgeable can give reasons / a solution.

If you like I can upload my .HDF for you?
Old 13 January 2019, 15:14   #92
thairacer-jp

yes, it's trange, but it might be a solution, i found this interesting thread about AHI issues, i also not yet tried on real hardware but it would be same i think.Ok for hdf, i can found in google drive EA ?

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=17852

Old 13 January 2019, 15:34   #93
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacer-jp View Post
Ok for hdf, i can found in google drive EA ?
No, but I've uploaded it to a file hosting website for you.

Check your PMs
Old 16 January 2019, 19:00   #94
thairacerjp

just for report that i hadn't have succès, still mute, i can open ahi preferences on workbench and have the settings, but i'm damn with this game, or i will have to reinstall all my system for this......... thanks for help, hdf file is same.
i wonder if the memory is the problem ? it could be cause when i try to have bigger screen, the program close and ask for more memory (i have TF328 with 8 MO but on workbench only 6 MO free).

Last edited by thairacerjp; 16 January 2019 at 20:57.
Old 16 January 2019, 20:55   #95
AMIGASYSTEM

Try uninstalling AHI and deleting your preferences in Env-Archive/Sys.
Done this reinstall AHI and save the settings. Before running the game, make certain sure you have the required RAM.
Old 16 January 2019, 21:51   #96
thairacerjp

thanks you for keep in touch with my problem, i would so much playing this game's tribute to the Amiga, the intro is amazing , i also found past thread about this common problem :
Quote:
Slayer said in 2005:
enter the directory sys:Prefs/Env-Archive/Sys
or similair and delete the file ahi.prefs

and start again with your configuration endevours!

tip: use the right music channel... i.e. don't set
more than one... try it out anyway, if all else
fails just delete the pref again... you'll work
it out... also, read the instructions
?

ah also I forgot... if you delete it and continue without
a reboot you'll have to delete the ram mirror of the
prefs file... if you don't understand that reset the
Amiga after deleting the file...

The only AHI-device that works for me properly is 4.180. The later ones cause sound to disappear (Genetic Species, Abuse...). It's because dropped support for older music modes or so Martin Blom explained to me.

examine your startup-sequence/user-startup in the s:
directory for command lines inserted by the installation
of AHI... from memory there is only one? audiomodes or
similiar...

just for anyone elses reference i couldnt find any entry in the startup sequences or prefs. id deleted EVERYTHING i could find related and still couldnt restore the sound.

icewizard2k5 said :
ive finally got my sound back by deleting the file "addaudiomodes" in c:
Never Give Up! Amiga Rulezz
Old 16 January 2019, 21:52   #97
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
hdf file is same.
Are you saying that you have no sound when running just the .HDF that I uploaded for you?
Old 16 January 2019, 21:53   #98
thairacerjp

Yes .
edit : oops, i tested your hdf on winuae cause it's easy, on CD32 i must mount with diskimage ?
Old 16 January 2019, 21:59   #99
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Yes .
That doesn't make sense; it's the exact same .HDF that I created / use in my collection and there are no issues.

Config is nothing special i.e:
  • CPU = 68030
  • Chipset = AGA (Cycle-exact unticked)
  • KS ROM 3.0 (A1200)
  • RAM = 2MB Chip & 32MB Fast
Old 16 January 2019, 22:15   #100
thairacerjp

i've just testing with winimage and sound off , i agree with you that it's a brain teaser, i'm going to see in the startup sequence, clean and reinstall AHI.