English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 24 November 2016, 05:50   #41
JZon

Success!

Just tried P96/MMULib to a new directory and it took!

Also, noticed P96 installing to SYS: . (Maybe hadn't noticed prior)

Interesting.

Thank you very much! Brother Jzon

Have a new error:

MUIVideo Fehler
Es ist ein Fehler aufgetreten:
Kann die muimaster.library nicht offnen!

I downloaded muimaster.library and put it in Libs. Maybe there's a Lib folder inside the MUIVideo folder? (I looked, couldn't find)
Old 26 November 2016, 06:44   #42
JZon

Still a mystery

I've built 42 configs, custom tayloring each app to the build.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Configs.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	51041

But, I still am unsure if P96/MMULib is causing conflicts when copying straight to a new directory. (Sometimes it works, sometimes I have to install fresh)

Also, ATTENTION DEVELOPERS:

I'm using WinUAE 64 (beta). Sometimes the "..." prompt to open directories, like when I'm choosing an adf in floppy disks, iso's in cd's, or a directory in add directory, the mouse cursor turns into a circle (thinking). So, I quit, restart, and it's back to normal.

I guess this would be a bug(?) or a flaw(?) I'm sure ya'll are probably already aware. Just thought I'd relay that.

Otherwise, everything running good. What is the advantage of a 64 bit version as opposed to the WinUAE 3.3 version? Is 64 bit supposed to have an increased speed or memory capacity or something?

Old 26 November 2016, 16:09   #43
emufan

what a huge list of configs

i'm still not sure about the p96/mmulib problem. it is a bit strange.
but you can without a doubt use just one config for those "modern" applications, like dpaint, imagefx, arteffect.
so you wont run into the p96/mmulibs problem too offten

the buzy-pointer thing might be a bug. i'm using the win32 versions only, which does not have that effect so far here on my win7 machine.

btw. latest experimental version of winuae 32bit you can find under this link.
the 64bit experimental version does not get updated that much, latest experimental build dates back to 09/25/2016.
but be aware of some strange behavior if you use them. still keep a working copy of your current winuae.exe winuae64.exe.

I cannot say whats the advantage of the 64bit version. maybe you can increase the emulated amigaos memory
beyond the 32bit limit. maybe a bit faster too. no clue offhand
Old 28 November 2016, 23:28   #44
JZon

Clean Install

I think each config wants it's own clean install. (But once it's there, I back it up to my duplicate directories folder in case I want to reload it fresh)

I'm trying to build an lha file. But, it says I've entered an unknown command. (I thought I followed the guide verbatim)...

Name:	lhaprob.PNG
Views:	136
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	51083

Did a drag and drop version for simple/safe compression ever get written?

Old 29 November 2016, 12:05   #45
emufan

try this in a shell: list c:lha#?
this should list all tools starting with lha in your c: folder.
if there is nothing download lha.run to ram: and run it on a shell:
cd ram:
lha.run

it will extract some veersion of lha:
lha_68020
lha_68040
lha_68k

now on the shell this one:
copy lha_68k c:lha

the 68k version should work with all CPUs, so it is adviced to use this one.

and command line for lha:
lha a -r Opal.lha work:Opalvision dh0:dpaint
will create Opal.lha archive from the folder work:Opalvision and dh0:dpaint including subfolders ( recursive)

there are some tools on aminet which allow some kind of drag & drop of files into an appicon. but I have to search for them, i forgot their name

here are some more userfriendly tools:
Peperoni
DiskMaster - here you can use menu Archives -> Add Lha - to build an archive from selected files/folder.

Last edited by emufan; 29 November 2016 at 12:33.
Old 29 November 2016, 20:11   #46
JZon

Ladies and Gentlemen

I'm very proud to introduce, a very famous person who comes here, a first time event for EAB and the world...

May I present, Little Enos!...

Name:	LilEnos.PNG
Views:	157
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	51096

LOL!

I unpack lha to a folder. I copy & move the lha (standard) file to my C folder. Then, I go back to where I initially unpacked the lha folder and execute lha (standard) from there. Everything working good so far..

Name:	LhaNonEngaging.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	51097

I'm only trying to pack one file into an lha file. (OpalPaint2.2) (May try more ways outside a folder or straight in dh0: directory)

Diskmaster! Yes! I have this. I tried tooling with it. Going back in to try again.

Thank you very much! Brother Zon
Old 29 November 2016, 20:36   #47
emufan

the Bandit movies - funny guys

strange error messages, maybe you have an older version, i'm using Lha 2.12 68040+
in cli/shell try:
version c:lha
and ensure the correct order of the options: first the a, followed by -r , next archive-name.lha , next the folder you want add

it should accept multiple folder, at least it does here.

--> it seems you have a folder called "lha" - if it holds your lha program, copy the lha program to c: folder.
so other programs will find it and you can call lha from any place.

--> if you want add only one file (OpalPaint2.2) including it's icon then use this syntax (example path)
cd dh0:Opalvision
lha a opalpaint22.lha opalpaint2.2 opalpaint2.2.info

if there are some spaces in the filename try the filename with quotes:
lha a opalpaint22.lha "opalpaint 2.2" "opalpaint 2.2.info"

#1) just saw the mui problem, download mui38usr archive and extract it in you ram: folder (not on the windows side).
cd ram:
lha x mui38usr.lha
next on the workbench start the installer from the mui folder in your ram: drive
so you will get a full working mui38 installation, not just the muimaster.library.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lha.png
Views:	110
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	51099  

Last edited by emufan; 29 November 2016 at 21:31.
Old 29 November 2016, 20:53   #48
JZon

You know,

I was wondering about that. (MUI master only)

K. Standby...
Old 30 November 2016, 01:33   #49
JZon

Error Line 299!

OK. I started with a fresh install. Saved replicant directories, changed each build to:

A4000 68030 Opal Vision(39)
A4000 68030 Opal Vision(39bb1)
A4000 68030 Opal Vision(39bb2)

Oops. Just noticed I hadn't changed the name of the directory from 68030 to 68060. It's a 68060 config. (shouldn't matter)

And A4000 68030 Opal Vision, for quick copying. It's the 68060 bb2 config I'm using. I went to install mui38usr first...

Name:	muiInstallerror.PNG
Views:	158
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	51104

It aborted the install. (on 39bb2!)

It did the same thing on the actual 68030 install the first time, which prompted me to try the 68060 config.

I wonder which file or drawer it's looking for? I had a similar problem once with either P96 or MMULib wanting to install to Work: (I ended up making a folder in dh0: a few times, then I tried ENV:/SYS: ) It didn't prefix anything on the install script. (& aborted when it didn't find anything) But env/sys and a new drawer, "work" on dh0: worked fine both ways. (Just don't know where it wanted to go, I think SYS: ) ((didn't find it in the directory tree on install))

(I'm going to go back and fix the name from 68030 to 68060 P96 etc)

I actually had this problem before on another install. Never heard anything back. I think it was this post. LOL I can't think of anything mui would need that bb2 wouldn't have.

OK. Thank you very much! Brother Jzon

PS. Standby for SnoopDOS report.

Last edited by JZon; 30 November 2016 at 01:40.
Old 30 November 2016, 06:35   #50
JZon

Disregard last post!

Success!

I actually like lha.run best. (what with all the tweaking and stuff)

Name:	LhaSuccess.PNG
Views:	116
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	51110

Thanks for the MUI heads up too. (Have to go back to this config and work with it)

Now I'm doing an install of Opal Vision. It gets up to insert AnimMATE disk and hangs up with this error...

Name:	overror.PNG
Views:	119
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	51111

I'll have to do a SnoopDOS with this. K. Going back in. Standby... ... ...

Old 30 November 2016, 13:01   #51
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZon View Post
And A4000 68030 Opal Vision, for quick copying. It's the 68060 bb2 config I'm using. I went to install mui38usr first...

It aborted the install. (on 39bb2!)
the problem with mui and the " " file, normaly can prevented when you extract the mui38usr.lha in the ram disk ( ram: ) - this is really a file with just a "whitespace" as name - inside mui38usr-lha archive.

when installing mui, it should also select the sys: folder on its own, if not,
or if you cannot find "sys:" in the volume list, just type in "sys: in the drawer box and push enter, i think this should work too. default install folder should be sys:mui.

if mui chooses sys: it will work when you make copies for another configuration.
(compared to changing volume-names, like work030: or work060: )
if you have problems with mui in another copied config, look into s:user-startup
there you should see some assign config for mui. - change the path if you need to.

i was using opalvision software from aminet (opalpaint 2.4).
but it does not have an installer.
you have to copy the content of libs fonts prefs into sys:fonts sys:libs sys:Prefs
for the opalvision folder you have to add an assign in s:user-startup
try using Diskmaster for those copy stuff. it's easier compared to shell/cli commands

or copy my attached script into the folder where you have the opalpaint program,
double click should set the assigns. it's just a simple text script:
Assign OpalVision: ""
Assign OpalPaint: ""
it will set the assigns in the current folder, so you have to start the script
in the correct folder before you start opalpaint..
Attached Files
File Type: lha Opal-Assigns.lha (519 Bytes, 97 views)

Last edited by emufan; 30 November 2016 at 13:26.
Old 01 December 2016, 03:58   #52
JZon

Much Appreciated!

Excellent script! It's incredible! I had been working on the OV2.2 adf install for days now. (So I skipped it and went on to the next) I thought I'd read there was a bad sector on Install2. So I put the Opal Paint lha to bed, inserted a fresh, newer version in it's place. (That was when I was asking about building an lha) I must have tried it 50 to 100 times. At one point I almost had it to the end and pressed the wrong key and it aborted again! Most times it immediately, "guru meditated" on the palettes portion of the install. (Install2) The AnimMATE started having trouble. (Can't remember how I got past that)

But it's working great now. I had Opal24 on deck. (Thought I was going to do the full install on adf version and update with Opal24_020. ) I just put the Opal-Assigns in the Opal Vision folder, double click it prior to opening Opal Vision and it's working! Thank you so much!

I went to load my pic and got a split second view screenshot of the pic as I was scrolling the page...

Name:	OpalPic.PNG
Views:	136
Size:	361.2 KB
ID:	51120

Do I need to change the screen mode or read the manual? Is there a manual download? Oops, scratch that, just found the guide!

Last edited by JZon; 01 December 2016 at 04:04. Reason: Found guide
Old 01 December 2016, 12:27   #53
emufan

Quote:
working! Thank you so much!

I went to load my pic and got a split second view screenshot of the pic as I was scrolling the page...

Do I need to change the screen mode or read the manual? Is there a manual download? Oops, scratch that, just found the guide!
good news

the problem with the dull colors - you have to enable the Opalvision hardware in F12 -> Chipset ->Video port Display Hardware

btw. new winuae beta17 is out.

Last edited by emufan; 03 December 2016 at 20:36.
Old 02 December 2016, 02:20   #54
JZon

Lol!

I thought I was going to have to get my mini screw driver set and turn the adjuster until it distorted, then move it back half the number of times I counted to bring it to the center of the usable range! lol

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	119
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	51127

Also noticed it only in the new 64 beta version. Great stuff!

Wow! new beta 17! Choice. Checking out now.

Is there an S start up command I could enter to the user startup sequence to tell PS to automatically start itself on boot?

Would you happen to have creataed one for MUI38usr? (Or do I need to register to operate it? I can't seem to figure out how to enable test mode) (maybe it's looking for a keyfile or a dongle?)

Old 02 December 2016, 06:14   #55
JZon

Birdie2000

Managed to make Birdie2000 activate, briefly...

Name:	Birdie2000.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	51129

Soon as I changed palette preferences, it disappeared. Maybe I try from scratch again..

Standby.. .. ..
Old 02 December 2016, 11:12   #56
emufan

Quote:
I thought I was going to have to get my mini screw driver set and turn the adjuster until it distorted, then move it back half the number of times I counted to bring it to the center of the usable range! lol
hehe, it's a new century now, things have changed

Quote:
Is there an S start up command I could enter to the user startup sequence to tell PS to automatically start itself on boot?
hmm, PS? PageStteam? just write something in s:user-startup
;BEGIN PS
run > NIL: path:to/PS >NIL:
;END PS

begin/end just to make the user-startup more readable
run with NIL should detach PS, so execution of user-startup will continue
may work, but not allways - maybe a cli window will be left open, hmm (!?)

you can play with WBStartup folder, just put your tool (just executable with icon)
into that folder and see what happens.

Quote:
Would you happen to have creataed one for MUI38usr? (Or do I need to register to operate it? I can't seem to figure out how to enable test mode) (maybe it's looking for a keyfile or a dongle?)
attached is a working mui keyfile, put it in L: folder. other keyfiles you may find on the ftp.
Quote:
Managed to make Birdie2000 activate, briefly...
Soon as I changed palette preferences, it disappeared. Maybe I try from scratch again..
no clue offhand, i dont use it.
i would stop birdie - configure the palette - next enable birdie again.
cannot say if that works or makes sense
Attached Files
File Type: lha mui-key.lha (5.6 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by emufan; 02 December 2016 at 11:28.
Old 03 December 2016, 15:49   #57
JZon

Thank you. Thank you.

Great Stuff! Thank you so much for all the gizadries and gazadries. I'm very grateful.

Here is a picture of my first automobile...

Name:	SwedishSteelc.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	51154

I try to download at grandis.ru however, it's asking for a user name and password. (I try this one I use here at eab to no avail)

I try the homepage, but find no register prompt.

Should I poke around a little more? maybe I find it? (Scratch that. found it in Turranius section!) (Oops. Double scratch that. It says, "Sorry, this Module isn't active" ) Maybe I try again later?

Last edited by JZon; 03 December 2016 at 16:07.
Old 03 December 2016, 15:55   #58
emufan

nice car

for grandis you need no account just look here.
if grandis does not work, you may try the mirror.
if it does not work, using a webbrowser, just try something like filezilla.
Old 03 December 2016, 17:51   #59
JZon

A couple of new things.

Thank you. Thank you. I figured it out. I'm using Avira Scout search engine with Avira anti virus. It was dabbling with saving user names and passwords. (Had to tell it nope when it asked to save) Also had user name wrong. (Thanks for the link)

I poke around MUI online..

I find this statement at classic amiga...

The demo version of MUI is available for free download below. It is fully functional and sufficient to run any MUI application. However, MUI's advanced configuration options for user interface design are not available unless you are personally registered. And although development of MUI stopped in 2003 you can still officially register MUI to unlock the options for user interface design at the official MUI webiste http://www.sasg.com/mui/

I try mui-key.lha/grandis to no avail. (or maybe they were availing and I hadn't provided what it was looking for) I noticed mui-key.lha was twice the size of the grandis version. (6.+ kb's vs 3 kb's) (respectively)

Also saw something called DosUae. (runs Unix?) Are there many guys running this? (compared to WinUAE?)

Maybe I just fill out the registry, Jon Doe style, inside my A4000/WinUAE build/config, which is not connected online, and it finds what it's looking for? (I think I tried that once) (Will try again with new keys) Standby... ... ... (OK. Scratch that. It just brought me to view or print order form) (Still not testing, saving, nor using)

Last edited by JZon; 03 December 2016 at 18:01.
Old 03 December 2016, 17:59   #60
emufan

the demo is ok in most cases, but with the registered version you can save gui configurations for those
mui applications. i'm not 100% sure about that.
registration, AFAIK does not really work anymore. no reply from author or something.
the mui-key.lha archive - just extract it and the included mui.key just move into the L: folder
( i think this is the correct folder - mui is looking for the key).
there are other mui keyfiles floating around, but this one seems to work.

dosuae may be an early version of uae - for sure no longer upto date.