English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 27 November 2023, 23:43   #41
copse

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Increase the viewable area from 10x10 tiles (or whatever it is) to something bigger? That might slow it down a bit?

:-P

Thanks it looks incredibubble.
The speed improvement is extremely nice, well done paraj.

As an exercise in showing how much better the original developers could have made the games than they were released given excess frames, I agree on the value of view size increases. Maybe one day I'll do it for one of these zarch-likes myself
Old 28 November 2023, 21:25   #42
paraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Increase the viewable area from 10x10 tiles (or whatever it is) to something bigger? That might slow it down a bit?

:-P

Thanks it looks incredibubble.
I know you're joking, but I'm not going to make such a change. It would no longer be the original game (and I think it would be very hard to do).

There is already another whdload slave for this game, and I don't want to take over/compete. Just attaching "final" source / slave for people. (Last version was broken for original render code). Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ZeeWolf_20231128.zip (7.9 KB, 94 views)
Old 15 January 2024, 12:44   #43
rabidgerry

This is working for me with the occasional crash here and there. The main weird thing I am experiencing however is a graphical and sound quirk. The landing platform of the aircraft carrier is black and it makes it a little tricky to know where you are over it in order to land (normally you can use your shadow on the grey surface as a guide). The next weird thing is a sound glitch where the helicopter turns to a horrible noise, not to dissimilar to the reactor noise heard throughout the levels. This doesn't happen right away but happens after some time playing a level. Anyone else getting these little issues?