English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 22 March 2010, 18:49   #21
Ratte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Z3 RAM working in WinUAE does not really prove anything because Z3 emulation has a hack that forces addresses from 0x01000000. (instead of whatever expansion.library decides, normally 0x40000000->)
If it really make problems, we can create a roundup for bb3 with a reworked expansion.lib
(I dont like this bb4-sh*t, they are all bb3-contribs)

Where is Doobrey
(Our last contact is a few weeks ago)
Old 22 March 2010, 20:02   #22
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
If it really make problems, we can create a roundup for bb3 with a reworked expansion.lib
(I dont like this bb4-sh*t, they are all bb3-contribs)

Where is Doobrey
(Our last contact is a few weeks ago)
@Ratte,
I dont like this bb4-sh*t either, it is only five entries and only two of them are worthwile, graphics library and icon.library (from Cosmos and Peterk respectively).
Please if you have any idea at all, i welcome you to talk it over with me. Maybe I can hand you the entire bb3/4 website and you can redesign it, along with making better choices, as you are a good Amiga developer, which is something I am not.
Old 22 March 2010, 21:27   #23
Ratte

@gulliver:
I like your work, but i hope you could remember my posting, where I tried to slowdown your version-numbering regarding P96.
(2.1b -> 2.1c and not 2.x)
BB3 is equal, there isnt really "new" stuff for a bump to bb4 ... first of all bb3 must work perfectly.
What I like to see is a "roundup" for bb3 with easy to install contribs like a "full mui" with all ***.mcc updates p96 2.1c, cgfx 3/4 & upgrades, makecd full version or frying pan... contribs are much much better.
Remember the longtime missed (sice 2.0) say feature.
Old 22 March 2010, 21:48   #24
gulliver
BoingBagged

No problem will fix the Picasso version numbering scheme in a couple of hours, plus a few more bits (when I get home).
And BB4 is a work in progress, nothing more really. The problem was that we had to call BB3 done at one point, to avoid it from becoming a moving target forever (and that was the reason BB4 was born, to become the new testbed, so to speak, the new project).
And I would really like to see that "roundup" for bb3 too, contribs, etc, but time is a tyran on my side. If you can help me, I would really apreciate it, and that may move that a little bit forward.
Old 23 March 2010, 00:05   #25
Photon

Good stuff

Hmm, Amigakit better stuff 4 of these in a machine for testing as soon as they can, so bugs in a completely other product doesn't affect sales... (quite a phenomenon this, being instantly met with chuckloads of skepticism.)

But I guess they don't get'em until a couple of weeks either. So. Patience

Or if 3640 owners is a large part of the market, then using 4x size chips to make a 512MB board could be a good way to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Any 512MB limit, well if it's in the kickstart it is at least possible to patch it.

One might chuckle at 1.75 GB for Amiga, but actually that amount of memory might be a way out of needing hardware 3D acceleration to get decent 3D on a stock Amiga, if someone makes an unlimited detail / intelligent-memory algorithm to use it all. So get cracking on that bug guys
Old 23 March 2010, 00:39   #26
asm1

http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/micronik1200z3

So if I had a Micronik Z-3i and the various bits to make the Zorro slots work, would this work in an A1200 ?

Hmm 256MB on Blizzard 060 (although this may not be used if it is switched off by the install of an A4000 processor board on the z3 I don't know)

plus "Whatever" in one or multiple of these ....
interesting
Old 24 March 2010, 09:06   #27
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm1 View Post
So if I had a Micronik Z-3i and the various bits to make the Zorro slots work, would this work in an A1200 ?
You would have to ditch your Blizzard 060 and get an A4000 accelerator, a Cyberstorm or something, to activate the Zorro III slots.
Old 24 March 2010, 10:35   #28
coze
hastala vista winny vista

Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post

It will be available exclusively from the AmigaKit webstores within the next 6-8 weeks. Pricing will be announced shortly.
hmmm, just caught this, does it mean it won't be available from vesalia and others ?
Old 24 March 2010, 10:55   #29
amigakit.com

@Coze

We have paid significant costs and taken a risk to bring this to the Amiga Classic market for our customers.

This projects is not funded in any way by our competitors.
Old 24 March 2010, 15:39   #30
Paul_s

Can we expect FOL to dress up as Zorro on a horse when this is released... purely for promotional purposes of course?

Here is FOL's new theme tune;

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Zorro.html

He is the masked crusader from AmigaKit
He fixes our Amigas really quick
When he launches new products his horsie jumps up and down
we only know him as FOL he's the masked caped crusader
Now he brings us ZorRam his newly created ram-card for Amiiiiiga all the girls and Amiga geeks love him!!
256MB of ram more than my brain capacity. tra la la la!
Old 24 March 2010, 18:42   #31
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
Can we expect FOL to dress up as Zorro on a horse when this is released... purely for promotional purposes of course?

Here is FOL's new theme tune;

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Zorro.html

He is the masked crusader from AmigaKit
He fixes our Amigas really quick
When he launches new products his horsie jumps up and down
we only know him as FOL he's the masked caped crusader
Now he brings us ZorRam his newly created ram-card for Amiiiiiga all the girls and Amiga geeks love him!!
256MB of ram more than my brain capacity. tra la la la!

LMFAO, you sir are truely off the wall, .
Old 24 March 2010, 18:44   #32
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

@Amigakit
I think it was the "Individual Computers & E3B" in the press release that was the confusion. They usually distribute their products to all Amiga retailers.

Perhaps people did not realise that this is not their product but AmigaKit effectively hired them as contractors.
Old 24 March 2010, 20:32   #33
amigakit.com

@AlexH

I hope it was clear that this is an amigakit.com exclusive product.

About 18 months ago, we suggested the idea of this product to our hardware partners and work was started. Inevitably these type of projects are not low-cost and take many hours in research and prototyping.

The project is a risk financially for us but we hope that our customer enjoy using this and it brings more Amigas back into use and out of the cupboard.
Old 24 March 2010, 23:25   #34
NovaCoder

Quote:
The project is a risk financially for us but we hope that our customer enjoy using this and it brings more Amigas back into use and out of the cupboard.
I'd drink to that, Amiga's should be used
Old 25 March 2010, 07:02   #35
coze
hastala vista winny vista

Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
Quote:
@AlexH

amigakit, (or should I call matthew) I didn't mean to imply it should be available from your competitiors or something like. Just it wasn't clear to me this was a amigakit funded project, cause if I'm not mistaken this is the first project that has been funded by you right ? It's really cool, I was wondering if there could be other projects in the future like this, maybe some projects which originate from amateur developers, like the A608 RAM board, or the A500/600 020 processor project started by Zetro and currently being developed by Shadowfire ...
Old 25 March 2010, 10:00   #36
amigakit.com

This is not the first project funded by us.

We have whole and part funded a lot production runs previously such as the A602 and A603 memory expansion, Competition Pro Amiga, Indivision, PCMCIA CC_Reset adapter, Kickstart ROM switcher and shortly automatic mouse/joystick switcher. Last year we funded an exclusive production run of Subway USB.

We use the profits we make to put them back into the Community to fund production of new hardware.
Old 25 March 2010, 10:41   #37
cv643d

Great news, its all about taking risks, makes the reward much sweeter!
Old 25 March 2010, 16:46   #38
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Someone hasn't been paying attention?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270549714606
Old 25 March 2010, 17:17   #39
amigakit.com

@AlexH

Yes, it looks like DKB3128 will still sell for overpriced values on Ebay.

These are the type of crazy prices we are trying to stop by providing this new production run.

I have recently noticed that products we sold brand new a year ago such as Indivision 1200 are presently selling at 50% more than our list price in the second hand market..
Old 25 March 2010, 18:17   #40
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
products we sold brand new a year ago such as Indivision 1200 are presently selling at 50% more than our list price in the second hand market..
I am just on the outside looking in, but was this is down to initial poor quality control / testing on the part of Individual Computing (remember the nightmare stories of them not fitting correctly over HP Lisa chips) and inadequate marketing from their sales partners leading to production being cancelled before demand really took off?

It seemed to me that by the time the "ordinary" Amiga 1200 owner got to know the product existed, where to get it from, evaluate the early adopters findings and save up enough money they were no longer being produced. (I am sure it is much more complicated than that. That people necessary for more production runs were committed to other things etc.)

I'd be interested to know about the story behind the cancellation of the production of Indivision AGA 1200

Last edited by alexh; 25 March 2010 at 18:24.