English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 08 May 2020, 19:52   #21
jotd
This cat is no more

yeah, so fruit drink at previous level or manage to anticipate that you're going to score 1119900 points so the next 100 points get you the silver star and then it's a breeze.

With the whdload cheatmode, I'm able to produce the same video for the last level. Just press "T" when you get the gold star, which awards you 1 silver star silently => done.

Start from 1120000 points and you'll have a hard time. I'm going to try to contact Sean Griffiths about this game.
Old 09 May 2020, 00:10   #22
jotd
This cat is no more

@DJDiabolik: your "official guide" is the guide I'm maintaining with deltaTx. See the "Jeff 2001" signature in the end: it's me ... This isn't the official site, rather a fansite.

@hipponios
Quote:
I saw many people whining because they didn't make it past the last world. But it's so obvious! As the title of the world states, you have to "trans-port to get home". So, kill a couple of monsters until you reach the 5000 points mark, get a silver star, kill more monsters until you reach the 5000 points mark again, get a golden star, touch it and wear the transporter
either this is some troll, or someone who got lucky reaching the last level with a score just below the 5000 point rounding limit. Anyway: fruit drink, just to make sure.

I'm releasing an update of the whdload slave too. On fast amigas, the game is sometimes too fast. It's usually good because we can reach 50fps sometimes, but it also means that the killing bubble arrives too soon... the new slave adds better cheatmode, joypad controls for play & pause & better speed regulation.

Last edited by jotd; 09 May 2020 at 00:16.
Old 09 May 2020, 23:33   #23
lesta_smsc

Given the complexity in the manner of completion, maybe there was another copy protection that was related to the gameplay? A bit like Dungeons and Dragons which made the game virtually unplayable.
Old 10 May 2020, 05:32   #24
DjDiabolik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
@DJDiabolik: your "official guide" is the guide I'm maintaining with deltaTx. See the "Jeff 2001" signature in the end: it's me ... This isn't the official site, rather a fansite.

CUT CUT
I call it official because it's located on bitmap brothers site..... i suppose it's official developers site.
Old 10 May 2020, 08:35   #25
jotd
This cat is no more

the official site was http://www.bitmap-brothers.co.uk/

It now redirects to Rebellion, who bought the rights.

http://www.bitmap-brothers.de/ is a (very good) fansite (originally with another name, "Gods Country"). I had the password of the old site at some point so I could update some infos.

I've also contacted Sean Griffiths (https://www.linkedin.com/in/sean-griffiths-07a1764/). Let's hope he replies (since I don't know him personally, I kind of violated the linkedin rule but that's really the first time I'm doing it in 15 years and it's worth).

Last edited by jotd; 10 May 2020 at 09:54.
Old 10 May 2020, 21:48   #26
DjDiabolik

^^ Oh... very interesting info

Anyway on a previous reply i see this:
Quote:
I'm resuming the work on the whdload install, partially on request to add trainer:

- REALLY infinite credits & lives.
- speed fix (the game is too fast on higher cpus, including bubble timeout and all, you move faster, but enemies are also faster and when you don't move the time elapses faster)
- if I can, I'll add an option to suppress the bubble
CUT CUT
The request for add infinite lives & credit... if you speak about this:
http://mantis.whdload.de/view.php?id=4605

"David XXX" it's me.... :=)

Last edited by DjDiabolik; 10 May 2020 at 21:56.
Old 10 May 2020, 22:44   #27
jotd
This cat is no more

And slave with trainer has been released on http://www.whdload.de/ already. Now adding level selection and other cool features.
Old 11 May 2020, 21:29   #28
DjDiabolik

Need to test.... if i have an already package installed used the 3.0 can i simply change the .slave file ? Or i need to reinstall from beginning ?

Another Question.. CUSTOM 1.. infinite lives and credits it's need to activate in some ways or it's enabled by default ?
Old 11 May 2020, 21:58   #29
jotd
This cat is no more

just update the slave, no need to reinstall (sometimes it's required, but not here, check the readme at any rate)

CUSTOM1 isn't activated by default. When starting whdload you have boxes to tick. Tick the ones you need, or use bitwise OR to compute proper CUSTOM1 value. Put 255 to enable all cheats. 254 for all cheats but infinite lives (aka invincibility)

The setting I prefer is infinite credits. That way you can retry a level any number of times you want just to train. Newer version on its way. Includes world select, pretty handy for the PAL versions.

(and Sean Griffiths hasn't replied to my invitation, but let's give him a day or two )
Old 12 May 2020, 16:18   #30
DjDiabolik

OK.. i have restart the games from beginning. Now i need to re-reach the last level....
Old 12 May 2020, 16:21   #31
jotd
This cat is no more

I can provide beta whdload version with world select... or use NTSC version with level codes.
Old 12 May 2020, 19:52   #32
DjDiabolik

it's not a big problems... i have already reach the 1-2 in some minutes.

^^ EDITED at 13/05 00:28 - I commit errors... previous i have write 2-2.

I have used a savestate hope it's works ok..... this time i made a savestate on start of previous level so that at least I can prepare the ground to complete the last one....

*EDIT*
I don't know because there's appends.............. the emulation it's CRASH at end of the level. I reach the port......... and BAAAM.. return to WB 3.1 "desktop" and appears this error:

I have made a "full reinstall" used a ADF files.......... config uses a A1200 + RTG whit WB 3.1..... if you want i can share to you this "savestate" for see if crash also on your WinUAE setup.

Last edited by DjDiabolik; 13 May 2020 at 00:28. Reason: Image size reduced...
Old 12 May 2020, 20:40   #33
Octopus66

WinUAE does not support save states with HDF files due to some Amiga issue which Toni Wilen could explain. I believe this is resolved with only using Windows filepath "Add Directory" harddisks - but I could be wrong. This also used to create issues with specific Amiga characters on a small number of circumstances, but Toni may have fixed this too by now.
Old 12 May 2020, 21:19   #34
DjDiabolik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus66 View Post
WinUAE does not support save states with HDF files due to some Amiga issue which Toni Wilen could explain. I believe this is resolved with only using Windows filepath "Add Directory" harddisks - but I could be wrong. This also used to create issues with specific Amiga characters on a small number of circumstances, but Toni may have fixed this too by now.
mmmmmm interesting... Anyway on my setup i have used "Add Directory" instead using a HDF files.

From my screenshot you can see.. the "OS" it's one folder... on my PC there's:
"D:\Emulatori\Amiga\WinUAE\HD_1200_WB3.1PICASSO"
The "Condiviso" it' another folder:
"D:\Emulatori\Amiga\WinUAE\Condiviso"

Damn... if i can't use the savestate i need to restart, again, the games from level 1-1
I had started the game today in the early afternoon... then I had other things to do and I did the "SaveState".....
Old 12 May 2020, 22:23   #35
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus66 View Post
WinUAE does not support save states with HDF files due to some Amiga issue which Toni Wilen could explain. [...]
Check here for Toni's explanation
Old 12 May 2020, 22:33   #36
jotd
This cat is no more

With whdload PRELOAD option, the hard drive isn't used (unless the game saves something but not the case in MP) so you can use savestates. I've done that many times and it works, as long as you don't return to workbench.

I suggest you upgrade MagicPockets.slave file, it seems that it's an old one.
Old 12 May 2020, 22:44   #37
DjDiabolik

Quote:
With whdload PRELOAD option, the hard drive isn't used (unless the game saves something but not the case in MP) so you can use savestates. I've done that many times and it works, as long as you don't return to workbench.

I suggest you upgrade MagicPockets.slave file, it seems that it's an old one.
It's impossible... I redid the installation of games using the 3.1 package from whdload site. It's possibly the issue it's used the 4.4.0 beta 2 ?

*EDIT*
I have also used the 4.3.0 version and it's crash immediatelly i reach the "end of level". I can see the bonus give to me...... after that crash and return to desktop.

I can made a package whit WHDPackage + My WinUAE config + SaveState for see if also crash on your setup........

*EDIT 2*
From the upper screenshot........ if i click on "Restart" it's appears another errors. IT's say:
DOS-Error #209
(richiesta sconosciuta) <- because italian it's used here ?
on loading overlay "Resload".

There's two button... "Cancel" or "Retry". If i click Retry this errors it's reappears... if i click "Cancel" it's definilly back to WB "Desktop".

Last edited by DjDiabolik; 12 May 2020 at 23:05.
Old 12 May 2020, 23:22   #38
jotd
This cat is no more

You must turn JIT (just in time) off. As for winUAE I'm using 4.3.1. I'm pretty sure that's a JIT problem.
Old 12 May 2020, 23:23   #39
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjDiabolik View Post
I have made a "full reinstall" used a ADF files..........
You should use .IPF files to install any WHDLoad games, not .ADFs.

You can actually download any preinstalled WHDLoad games + demos from the EAB File Server from under Commodore Amiga/Retroplay.
Old 12 May 2020, 23:40   #40
jotd
This cat is no more

ADF files are cracks with cracktros and hooks to call the cracks. Not compatible with whdload patches unless you're lucky or they support it...