English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.GameBase Amiga

Old 24 January 2018, 23:21   #181
Seiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1time View Post
So many new users! Never seen anything like it. But then, not everyone knows that EAB is the best place! Maybe they can contribute with something!?
This sentence could be offend all GameBase collections (this EAB Section, i want to remember, is dedicated only to GameBase Projects) that in these many years has released many database about Amiga: mainly games and demos.
Of course it is very important that everyone can bring new collections about amiga to have more choice.
Old 24 January 2018, 23:26   #182
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiya View Post
This sentence could be offend all GameBase collections (this thread, i want to remember, is dedicated only to GameBase Projects) that in these many years has released many database about Amiga: mainly games and demos.
Of course it is very important that everyone can bring new collections about amiga to have more choice.
Man, what the hell are you on about???

I've been on EAB for over a decade now, a hard working moderator for at least the past 7 years plus an Amiga community contributor...

You don't think I know where best to post this thread on the forum I / we manage???

This is not only a *GameBase* section otherwise it would be called "project.GameBase"; it's about collections...

Do you see my good friend Belgarath complaining or anyone else???
Old 24 January 2018, 23:39   #183
Viceroy

Looks like you will hit your 10,000 posts this week DamienD ;-)
Old 24 January 2018, 23:39   #184
DamienD
Banned

...hopefully not by having to reply to stupid posts that need addressing my friend

Number 10,000 needs to be EPIC!!!

...although I really can't ever top this thread; no more e n e r g y.
Old 24 January 2018, 23:43   #185
Viceroy

;-)
Old 25 January 2018, 00:43   #186
Sincity

Had a little chance to play with this. First game I played was Arkanoid. All I can say is that I am blown away. No longer do I have to pick each ROM to play. The point-click interface with game pics is just awesome!

Damien, Thank You Sir!

Last edited by Sincity; 25 January 2018 at 00:49.

Old 25 January 2018, 01:15   #187
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincity View Post
The point-click interface with game pics is just awesome!
Don't thank me, thank the main man Toni Wilen for making all this possible

My collection is only about what he has done over past decades for the community; I haven't had a real Amiga for more than 20 years now, so otherwise this would never have seen the light of day...

Again all; I don't want anything in return for this gift but you should support this great "guru" by donating anything you can via: http://www.winuae.net/

That's all I want really!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincity View Post
All I can say is that I am blown away.
Cheers for the feedback Sincity; much appreciated

My pleasure man!!!

Please, do enjoy; that's the point of this... an Amiga "fan" based collection for brothers that appreciate / remember...

There are many more gems to be found in my collection
Old 25 January 2018, 01:49   #188
darkuni
RetroGaming Radio

I threw a tenner at winuae.net ... Whose with me????
Old 25 January 2018, 01:59   #189
DamienD
Banned

Good man; mucho respect!!!

...I'll donate again very soon; probably have done well over €1000 so far but every € is most definitely worth it

Toni never sleeps / always helps out (no matter how dumb the thread / post is; with zero information / logs) and never asks for anything in return...

We all need to support this man; I don't know what would happen if he ever got *fed up* and decided that's it
Old 25 January 2018, 02:41   #190
darkuni
RetroGaming Radio

He just helped me through my long load time with a stupid HID driver issue. Least I can do.

Hey, on an off note ...

While I had -log turned on, I noticed a lot of what seemed like "info" items logged about boxshots.

Is this because the boxshots are isolated with the ADF in a folder vice in some special folder? Just curious.
Old 25 January 2018, 02:56   #191
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkuni View Post
While I had -log turned on, I noticed a lot of what seemed like "info" items logged about boxshots
Totally normal when using -log

...see this thread when I was assisting Toni with ideas / implementation of this cool new feature; although obviously, he did all the hard / important work to make things reality; and as per usual; exceeding all expectations

Any questions you have, answers can be found there:

... Adding Boxart to WINUAE Configs

Last edited by DamienD; 25 January 2018 at 03:07.
Old 25 January 2018, 03:00   #192
darkuni
RetroGaming Radio

That's a fun read. I love watching the process come together.
Old 25 January 2018, 05:22   #193
TroyWilkins

DamienD, first of all, thank you so very much for sending me the links. I really appreciate it. I have had a chance to check it out and WOW, you've done a fantastic job, and so has Toni with WinUAE.

I've only tried a couple of games so far, but they've worked perfectly, and I really appreciated the important keys in the Setup, although with my "Dory" memory, I have already forgot all the key combinations. Just keep swimming... Hi, I'm Dory!

So far there has been nothing I've wanted to change, and wow, what an overwhelming choice!

I was never much of a gamer, truth be told I'm still not, so many of these games I've never played, which makes this such an adventure of discovery.

So thank you so very much, this is already bringing me much joy, and the kids are having fun too!
Old 25 January 2018, 06:47   #194
dustloop

Much appreciated for the links! I just downloaded and extracting now. I cant wait to play with this! Thank you again to you and Toni! I feel like a kid again! SO EXCITED!!!

Old 25 January 2018, 07:56   #195
gradius3

That's an totally awesome set you have set up, man!!! Surely endless hours of work were involved here. What an amazing job and contribution to the world of amiga users!!!

You definitely rocked the show again
Old 25 January 2018, 09:55   #196
simonmanchester

I've finally had 10-15 mins to have a play of this build, and hats off to DamienD for the stella work hes put into this. It must have took hours to make it this slick! Every game I've tried do far worked flawlessly with no effort from my part. No messing, just install and play! Installed it on an i3 laptop with windows 10 that I take with me on business trips - no longer will I get bored at hotels!

Great work DamienD!

Old 25 January 2018, 12:09   #197
DamienD
Banned

Received a good question via PM:

Quote:
I read comments about reg settings in the forum topic and thought I'd ask when it became relevant to ask. Will your reg settings in anyway affect an existing install of winuae?

I suppose I can find out, just wanted to be prepared. I imagine a lot of folks have their own winUAE setups so was wondering what running your setup may or may not interact with.
Yes, this will most definitely affect *your* own setup; hence why I say:

Firstly, you should backup your own WinUAE setup...

Export this key from the registry: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Arabuusimiehet]

If your WinUAE setup is in "C:\WinUAE" then rename it or move elsewhere.

...but you can run multiple different WinUAE setups

Mine is set to be registry based. With your setup you could have it in another directory, start WinUAE and then tick "Portable mode" from under "Paths".
Old 25 January 2018, 17:33   #198
butfluffy

this is amazing. thanks Damien for all your hard work.
i've hit dead ends trying to sort though amiga games in the past. it's such a big job with so many bad dumps, bad cracks etc.
Old 25 January 2018, 17:43   #199
Lurch_UK

Corrupt download

SOLVED!

I've read back through the threads and realised I needed the very latest v5.50 WinRar to unpack this! Anything less WILL result in an error

Hi DamienD,
I've tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full again

The links you sent me, I've managed to corrupt most (if not all) of tghe rar's by downloading too much at once.

If there any chance you could send me replacement links please?

Regards

Last edited by Lurch_UK; 25 January 2018 at 17:58. Reason: UPDATE

Old 25 January 2018, 17:50   #200
terlan

thanks for this Damien, The install is simple, the point n click interface is great and I'm loving having all this retro goodness a my fingertips.