English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 21 September 2009, 21:17   #1
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Commodore 64 & Vic-20 commercials in Finland

Today mail bring me a paper magazine where is Vic-20 in the front page. The company behind the commercial is "Musta Pörssi" (Black Market in English) and it's one of the biggest companies at the branch in here. They now celebrate their 30 years business of selling electronics. The man with the Vic-20 is called "Topi" and he was a great and funny actor that presented in many of Musta Pörssi's commercials in the 80's and also some comedy movies. At the present company has also TV commercials with Topi and Vic-20

In the commercial they write: "The expert of computers Musta Pörssi has been involved with home computers since their first steps. Who wouldn't remember a dear old Commodore 64 computer, the mother of all home computers in Finland?"

In the 80's C64 was widely known as "the computer of the nation" which meant that it was the most famous and sold home computer at the time in Finland.

In 2006 "Musta Pörssi" promised to lower the price if the customer would bring them an old Amiga or C64. The company was said to destroy all the equippment they got! There was a demonstration against this policy that was involved with Commodore enthusiasts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Topi.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	22767  

Last edited by Old Fool; 21 September 2009 at 21:25.
Old 21 September 2009, 22:43   #2
DamienD
Banned

Sorry for the off topic... My Finnish girlfriend was looking over my shoulder while I was reading the thread / viewing the image and she burst into laughter. She remembers him well.

Her response was: Topi is a top guy
Old 22 September 2009, 13:26   #3
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Sorry for the off topic... My Finnish girlfriend was looking over my shoulder while I was reading the thread / viewing the image and she burst into laughter. She remembers him well.

Her response was: Topi is a top guy
Nice thing you have a Finnish girlfriend!

Yes, Topi was a funny man. His hysterious laugh was worth hearing! Funny, he reminded me of another great comedian, Benny Hill!!!

Here's some old commercials in Yutube featuring TOPI, ATARI & VIC-20!!!!!!!!

[ Show youtube player ]

Topi was well-known character in his passion towards beautiful women:

[ Show youtube player ]