English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 11 October 2001, 16:03   #1
MethodGit

Arrow Problem with FDI

I made an FDI of my Apache/Overdrive disk today but I'm not sure if it's a good one. If I upload it can someone with coding-knowledge (maybe Toni?) explain to me if it's a good image, and if not, perhaps someone could try to convert it to ADF2 format so that it may work?
Old 11 October 2001, 18:02   #2
Amiga1992

Stop using FDI. My best advice. If you have the slightest ammount of apreciation for your Amiga disks, you would stop using it. Otherwise you'll keep fucking them up with that program (or a faulty disk drive, who knows why you are screwing up so many disks)
Old 11 October 2001, 18:11   #3
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Marz - you should use the WHDLoad Apache/Overdrive install with your disk.

I also have a crack of it, if you want it.
Old 11 October 2001, 19:12   #4
RetroMan

Yep, think that´s the one he mentioned I only tried it once, but it worked fairly well for me .....
Old 11 October 2001, 19:44   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Stop using FDI. My best advice. If you have the slightest ammount of apreciation for your Amiga disks, you would stop using it. Otherwise you'll keep fucking them up with that program (or a faulty disk drive, who knows why you are screwing up so many disks)
There isn't any technical reason how disk2FDI could damage your disks. Just keep the disks write-protected and don't use crappy floppy drives

Quote:
made an FDI of my Apache/Overdrive disk today but I'm not sure if it's a good one
Probable cause is missing index sync support in disk2FDI. Author promised to fix this in next release.

I also hope that someone finds a way to access floppy drive directly from Windows (probably needs a device driver?) because then it would be quite easy to "map" DF0: to PC's floppy drive. (read only, of course)
Old 11 October 2001, 21:23   #6
Amiga1992

I didn't fault Disk2FDI completely, I also gave the option of a faulty disk drive, which could well be the case here.

I don't have a problem with disk2FDi, I have problems against PC disk drives.

Is there any chance you could make extended ADFs or FDI images on a real Amiga? I'd be all in for such a thing.

Toni?
Old 12 October 2001, 00:21   #7
Amigaboy

Quote:
I'm pissed off of people telling this program fucks up originals just because they don't know which disk to put in into the right drive, thus formatting their originals
Are you saying I don't know what I'm doing?!?!

I used this program the day it was released. I did everything as I was supposed to. In the end, I got an ADF out of it. But now, my DejaVu II original doesn't work. It's not formatted, but the executable refuses to work

So this hoax may be true for all you know

Was a new version released that's better?

Old 12 October 2001, 15:40   #8
pooks100

Disk Fdi is good program...

Yes , i converted amiga game " Feudal Lords" and it's work perfectly...

About 1 dump success for 8 disk try....

<akira>
Don't use a direct signature. Use your UserCP instead
</akira>

Last edited by Amiga1992; 12 October 2001 at 18:09.

Old 12 October 2001, 15:58   #9
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
Quote:
Originally posted by Amigaboy

Are you saying I don't know what I'm doing?!?!
Yes

Quote:
I used this program the day it was released. I did everything as I was supposed to. In the end, I got an ADF out of it. But now, my DejaVu II original doesn't work. It's not formatted, but the executable refuses to work
*shrugs*

Quote:
Was a new version released that's better?
Not that I know.
Old 04 December 2001, 18:59   #10
DPainter

Floppy disk DISK2FDI problems?

Has anyone confirmed for certain that DISK2FDI can mess up originals that are write protected? A while back I successfully dumped 10 originals using DISK2FDI that I knew weren't copy protected. The only disks that failed were the ones I knew were copy protected.

I'm curious because I've got some more originals coming to me that I'd prefer to dump using DISK2FDI, unless someone wants to send me an Amiga 500 or something. I seriously doubt I can rig my 256k Amiga 1000/1 Floppy Drive system to dump them.

Dpainter
Old 04 December 2001, 20:10   #11
Amiga1992

If I was you, I wouldn't shove any of my originals into a PC drive of any kind. Unless I have a Catweasel controller perhaps :P It's a pity you cant dump disks with your brill A1000