English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old Today, 07:24   #1
mightydimo

Converting .RAW to .ADF or .IPF

I have entire sets of most Amiga magazine cover disks but some are either entirely in .RAW format (which can be used completely fine in Winae) or partially in this format.

I am interested in making a Gotek image with all the Coverdisks i have but they will not work on a real Amiga if they are kept in .RAW format. My question is can they ever be changed over to a format that the Gotek can use them? Or do the disks need to be 'cracked' so they can be used as ADF? My understanding is that most, if not all are in raw format because of 'protection' they had upon sale with the magazines. One comes to mind is R-Type from Amiga Action (if i remember correctly).

I vaguely recall there being a somewhat tedious way of changing them via Linux and a utility on Githhub, but it looked too difficult for me as its entirely in the command line.
Old Today, 09:54   #2
Snoopy1234

Hi. You could download HxC emulator software and convert the .RAW image to a HFEv3 image. That allows protected images to run on the Gotek. HFEx3 standard needs the latest Flash Floppy firmware to run.

When loading the RAW file to HxC emulator software tool you will need to use "Load Raw File" and select Track type, Track number and Sectors correctly.

Link: https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_...tor/index.html
Old Today, 11:18   #3
mightydimo

Thanks for the reply. I dont actually use HxC but rather flash floppy with the Gotek. Does anyone still use HxC?

Would there be a way to convert them permanently without having to worry about specific settings?
Old Today, 14:03   #4
Snoopy1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydimo View Post
Thanks for the reply. I dont actually use HxC but rather flash floppy with the Gotek. Does anyone still use HxC?

Would there be a way to convert them permanently without having to worry about specific settings?
Uh huh. well the HxC emulator software is a tool independently run on the PC.

It's a lot simpler to use than disk-analyse if you're converting to HFEv3 as it is menu driven.