English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 12 June 2024, 11:23   #21
jotd
This cat is no more

They went cheap when they designed the A1200 and decided that some combination of keys weren't interesting, and dropped them to reduce production costs.

Even my Oric could do that...

One version is now done with ZX remapped to AS. Was pretty easy to do, but I managed to fail 4 times before making it right. Now other versions to support... But the game is great and deserves care.

Last edited by jotd; 12 June 2024 at 22:13.
Old Yesterday, 15:24   #22
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

The A500 and A600 keyboards don't seem to suffer the same issue as the A1200 keyboard and seem to handle multiple keypresses ok.

For the A1200, you can get the SUM A1200 adapter that allows an external keyboard to be connected via USB and allows multiple keypresses on the external keyboard. Beware of the "Amikey" external adapters such as the ones sold by Electronica4U on EBay. These cannot handle more than one key being pressed on the USB keyboard, even the adapters for the A600 and A500. Pretty useless.
Old Yesterday, 16:28   #23
Calabazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_sk View Post
The A500 and A600 keyboards don't seem to suffer the same issue as the A1200 keyboard and seem to handle multiple keypresses ok.

For the A1200, you can get the SUM A1200 adapter that allows an external keyboard to be connected via USB and allows multiple keypresses on the external keyboard. Beware of the "Amikey" external adapters such as the ones sold by Electronica4U on EBay. These cannot handle more than one key being pressed on the USB keyboard, even the adapters for the A600 and A500. Pretty useless.
Exactly! I have no problem playing Lotus 2 from the Amiga keyboard on the A600 but it also have a wireless external keyboard on that Electronica4U adapter and i doesn't work, i can't accelerate, as i said on page 1.
The external keyboard is still useful for typing general stuff. I might replace this adapter now that i know that.
Old Today, 00:55   #24
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabazam View Post
Exactly! I have no problem playing Lotus 2 from the Amiga keyboard on the A600 but it also have a wireless external keyboard on that Electronica4U adapter and i doesn't work, i can't accelerate, as i said on page 1.
The external keyboard is still useful for typing general stuff. I might replace this adapter now that i know that.
Unfortunately, according to the RetroPassion website, the SUM 600 adapters are discontinued. I wish the fella who designs these at https://7-bit.pl/, would just open source them so I could make my own. The only reason why I know about them is a mate of mine was lucky to get a couple before they went out of stock. No such luck for me. They're the only adapters that work well.

Last edited by sean_sk; Today at 13:32.