rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Sorry should have been clearer.

Type set echo on, then press return
Type execute s:startup-sequence, then press return

Also, on second pic, you only have set echo, it should be set echo on

Ah well trashed it now!

So I did what you said and got the following.

Then I went into startup and commented out the line at the top that is trying to make RAM drive T:

Now I can't get past the Emu68 Pistorm screen .

So desperately tried to get back to the piStorms startup-sequence and thus far I have been able. Thought I was being clever and put the sd card into my pc to see if I could get access may be through winuae to the dh0 partitions and edit the startup-sequence but I don't seem to be able to do that either.
Old 02 May 2024, 10:53   #22
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
I should have added to boot with no startup-sequence through early startup menu.
You proberly got that error, due to it had already tried running startup-sequence and already created dirs.

As for stuck on pistorm screen, what do you mean, as you will always get pistorm screen until workbench loads. 23pin RGB is important one to worry about, whats it show on screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post
Ah well trashed it now!

So I did what you said and got the following.

Then I went into startup and commented out the line at the top that is trying to make RAM drive T:

Now I can't get past the Emu68 Pistorm screen .

So desperately tried to get back to the piStorms startup-sequence and thus far I have been able. Thought I was being clever and put the sd card into my pc to see if I could get access may be through winuae to the dh0 partitions and edit the startup-sequence but I don't seem to be able to do that either.
Old 02 May 2024, 11:03   #23
thomas

Quote:
Thought I was being clever and put the sd card into my pc to see if I could get access may be through winuae to the dh0 partitions and edit the startup-sequence but I don't seem to be able to do that either.
But this should work. Right-click WinUAE and select "Run as Administrator". Then go to the "CD & Hard Drives" tab and click on "Add Hard Drive". Select the SD card. It should be listed with (RDB) in the column where it says [OS] or [NO MEDIA] for other drives.
Old 02 May 2024, 13:19   #24
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
But this should work. Right-click WinUAE and select "Run as Administrator". Then go to the "CD & Hard Drives" tab and click on "Add Hard Drive". Select the SD card. It should be listed with (RDB) in the column where it says [OS] or [NO MEDIA] for other drives.

If its PiStorm SD it lists it a bit different in WinUAE. It shows whole SD, then the seperate RDB partitions. So have to make sure you select right one, as First will be Emu68 FAT32 Boot Partition.
Old 02 May 2024, 13:32   #25
rabidgerry

Quote:
I should have added to boot with no startup-sequence through early startup menu.
You proberly got that error, due to it had already tried running startup-sequence and already created dirs.

As for stuck on pistorm screen, what do you mean, as you will always get pistorm screen until workbench loads. 23pin RGB is important one to worry about, whats it show on screen?
What I mean is the maroon/burgundy coloured screen with the emu68 logo. It would stick on this screen unlike before where it took me to a dos screen.

Anyways I managed to rectify this see below.

I'll try your instructions again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Went into WINUAE again and used my usual config but changed to one of the options for the SD card (there were a couple showing and tried them all).

I basically loaded to the screen I was getting at the very start of this post. From here managed to ed startup-sequence and comment back in the line I had taken out regarding Ram: T etc

This allowed Caffeine to work again as normal.

Additionally, before I fixed this issue I managed to boot into the CF card from early startup. I probably have been very stupid here and should have noticed I could select which DH0: i was wanting to boot from.

Which leads me to believe you were all right and it's obviously some clash of names. Not that I didn't believe you I just couldn't remember what I was doing before.

Am I able to rename partitions without wiping everything out?
Old 02 May 2024, 13:54   #26
rabidgerry

renamed CF drive DH0: to DH0_0 but did no good. Also tried DH00: but still couldn't boot into both.
Old 02 May 2024, 14:04   #27
rabidgerry

Quote:

Ok so bootED with no startup-sequence

then typed: SET ECHO ON

then typed: EXECUTE S:STARTUP-SEQUENCE

this listed through what looks like the startup sequence and at the very bottoms it give the

"Assign Failed returncode20" message. Not able to scroll up to check anything above.

Worth Pointing out this time after booting with no startup-sequence I am brought to the RGB output.
Old 02 May 2024, 17:01   #28
thomas

You can press any key to stop scrolling and delete the key to continue.

Anyway you should see what the Assign command looks like immediately above the return code 20 message. Just type it in again exactly as it is printed (without >nil: of course), this should recreate the actual error.
Old 02 May 2024, 18:07   #29
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
renamed CF drive DH0: to DH0_0 but did no good. Also tried DH00: but still couldn't boot into both.

Why? it does not matter if its using Assigns like SYS: (or what its dos name is, i.e. Caffiene OS) etc etc. You could name it DH0_B0B, still would'nt make a difference. Only Adding A to DH0 (ADH0) would make a difference, as then it would be top of boot list.

Its easier to do it the correct way and alter the boot priority on HDToolBox.

Anyway, best to do as thomas asked. Please reframe from altering things, as you could make situation worse.
Old 03 May 2024, 19:38   #30
rabidgerry

Ok here's a video of me following the instructions.

[ Show youtube player ]

The very last lines above the return code 20 message mentions the devloper Assign.

So I added this in to which ever did not have the Developer directory which was in DH1 of the CF card. So what happened after this is I would boot into caffeine and nothing on the RGB. However now in Caffeine I would see the drives of the CF card and the workbench screen was missing all the usual stuff from the Caffeine install. All drives where present though from what I could see.

But this wasn't what I was expecting so I have removed the developer directory again from DH1 of my CF card. Givin DH1 a different name also had a similar thing happen only this time all drives would be present from both OS, the workbench would load and look like it normally would on the Caffeine SD card as well. Still nothing on the RGB output though.

Appreciate the help and patience guy's.

I think I'm being incredibly stupid here though and both cannot be running at same time and I just dreamt I could.
Old 07 May 2024, 17:08   #31
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Does DH1eveloper exist?

One thing I did notice, is your caffeine os being distributed with latest P96? As Native is only really usuable with latest P96.

Quote:
Ok here's a video of me following the instructions.

The very last lines above the return code 20 message mentions the devloper Assign.

So I added this in to which ever did not have the Developer directory which was in DH1 of the CF card. So what happened after this is I would boot into caffeine and nothing on the RGB. However now in Caffeine I would see the drives of the CF card and the workbench screen was missing all the usual stuff from the Caffeine install. All drives where present though from what I could see.

But this wasn't what I was expecting so I have removed the developer directory again from DH1 of my CF card. Givin DH1 a different name also had a similar thing happen only this time all drives would be present from both OS, the workbench would load and look like it normally would on the Caffeine SD card as well. Still nothing on the RGB output though.

Appreciate the help and patience guy's.

I think I'm being incredibly stupid here though and both cannot be running at same time and I just dreamt I could.
Old 22 May 2024, 21:48   #32
rabidgerry

Quote:
Does DH1eveloper exist?

One thing I did notice, is your caffeine os being distributed with latest P96? As Native is only really usuable with latest P96.
I have no idea, I bought it brand new last year and caffeine might have already been on there so I assume whoever sold it put it on there because the version I have is capable of running. I have spent a lot of time playing the games ok on it so I assume it's ok.