English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.AmigaOS

Old 04 August 2023, 22:31   #1
hceline

Exclamation dtclass#?.h missing form NDK3.2R4

Discovered this while trying to compile the desktop-starter example in CubicIDE.
As opposed to to the 3.1-3.9 NDK there are no #?.h files for dtclass in the 3.2 NDK.
Old 17 October 2023, 11:57   #2
Olaf Barthel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hceline View Post
Discovered this while trying to compile the desktop-starter example in CubicIDE.
As opposed to to the 3.1-3.9 NDK there are no #?.h files for dtclass in the 3.2 NDK.
Sorry, I missed this: how are the dtclass header files being used in this context?

As far as I know, only datatypes.library itself could need these header files because it interacts directly with the respective datatypes classes. If you are using datatypes.library functions, you will at no point have need of the dtclass header files because datatypes.library encapsulates their functionality.
Old 17 October 2023, 16:29   #3
hceline

Well it includes <pragmas/dtclass_pragmas.h>, but it does not actually seem to use it.
When I search the source for "ObtainEngine" i get no hits.
I did not look into it earlier. I just copied over the files from 3.1/3.9 NDK, saw it compile, and reported the missing files here.

Last edited by hceline; 17 October 2023 at 16:39. Reason: I apparetly do not remember what NDK I copied from.
Old 17 October 2023, 17:27   #4
Olaf Barthel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hceline View Post
Well it includes <pragmas/dtclass_pragmas.h>, but it does not actually seem to use it.
When I search the source for "ObtainEngine" i get no hits.
I did not look into it earlier. I just copied over the files from 3.1/3.9 NDK, saw it compile, and reported the missing files here.
Thank you, this seems harmless enough. All datatypes classes (which can be found in the "SYS:Classes/DataTypes" directory) are implemented as shared libraries, which contain exactly one mandatory function. That function returns a pointer to the respective Class, which may then be used with the intuition.library NewObject() function. This is what datatypes.library does when you are calling its NewDTObject() function.

I suppose the NDK 3.1/3.9 header files would feature the "dtclass_pragmas.h", "dtclass_protos.h", etc. files because their lack of general usefulness was not apparent.

If you want to edit the header files which pull them in, removing these dependencies, no harm should come from their absence.
Old 17 October 2023, 18:29   #5
hceline

Thank you for that clarification. I'll edit them out of the header files, and remove the files I copied form older NDK.