English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 19 June 2023, 19:04   #1
Hatt

Mac - FS-UAE swapping floppy disks?

Hi.

Looking for some help. Previously I've used WinUAE on Windows and Raspberry Pi and built some emulated Amigas.

I no longer have a Windows machine, so I'm trying to do the same on my Apple M1 Max Mac Studio using FS-UAE.

I can get a basic A500 emulation up and running to run a games, but even here I'm not sure how to swap disks. On WinUAE you just clicked Eject and selected the adf file you wanted. I was trying Lemmings and in FS-UAE the Eject button removes the file listing, but selecting a new one isn't recognised by the Amiga. I got around it by using two drives with both disks loaded and it worked.

Now I'm trying to build an A4000 and install AmigaOS 3.1 which has more disks and I'm getting the same issue.

Am I missing something obvious?

I have messed about with a few ideas, but don't seem to be any the wiser. In the screenshot I initially added 4 drives and disks, which you can see WB has detected. I've now "ejected" them, but WB still sees them. I assume FS-UAE isn't really ejecting them and the Amiga isn't seeing that they have been removed. Hence why when you select a new adf file it also doesn't see it.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 5.53.44 pm.png
Views:	38
Size:	334.2 KB
ID:	79451  
Old 19 June 2023, 21:57   #2
amifan
WhatIFF? Amiga Magazine

If I understand correctly, you need to add the additional files to the `Media Swap List`, then when you are in the emulated environment you can change disks by pressing the `fn` + F12 key on the Mac, it will pop up a menu and at the bottom, you can access the ADFs, insert/eject disks.
Old 19 June 2023, 22:33   #3
Etze
A3000-Fan

Yes, the launcher is really „just“ a launcher. FS-UAE won’t recognise any changes after you started the emu. Just go the F12 way as described above. It’s a little bit different than WinUAE but you will get used to it.