English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.GameBase Amiga

Old 23 January 2018, 21:34   #141
X3NoMoRPH

Awesome work ... i'm a Fanatic of 8 bits systems like Amstrad or Commodore .. and 16 bits systems like Amiga 500

Old 23 January 2018, 21:59   #142
dustloop

Oh man! I was so hyped to see a reply from the main man only to have some asshole ruin it for us!

I look forward to potentially playing with your collection in the future!

Old 23 January 2018, 22:47   #143
Rissol

Hello,

Been testing these for the couple of hours and its absolutely amazing, congrats on the fantastic work here Damien, and thank you for sharing this awesome Amiga Pack, legend

Im using a 17" dell monitor (4:3 or 5:4) to run the games, i would like to know whats the best resolution to run the games in full screen? since i cant fill the all screen.

Thank you
Cheers

Old 23 January 2018, 23:02   #144
TechieInAK

Just got everything installed and did a quick scroll through the collection. Impressive to say the least. Gave Lotus II Turbo Challenge a quick whirl. Brings back SO many memories!

Old 23 January 2018, 23:02   #145
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissol View Post
Im using a 17" dell monitor (4:3 or 5:4) to run the games, i would like to know whats the best resolution to run the games in full screen? since i cant fill the all screen.
You're talking about black boarders obviously.

You can't if you want pixel perfect images; games are already set to use most of the screen in relation to aspect ratio in every single config

That's how Amiga games are / were from back in the day...

If you want to stretch the image; I most definitely wouldn't; then play with the scaling options under the "Filter" section. Changing from "No scaling" --> "Default" will work; but for games that run "overscan" you will loose parts of the screen and distortion...
Old 23 January 2018, 23:13   #146
Rissol

Hi Damien,

Thanks for the reply

But on the display tab what res should i have on the native full screen ?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
You're talking about black boarders obviously.

You can't if you want pixel perfect images; games are already set to use most of the screen in relation to aspect ratio in every single config

That's how Amiga games are / were from back in the day...

If you want to stretch the image; I most definitely wouldn't; then play with the scaling options under the "Filter" section. Changing from "No scaling" --> "Default" will work; but for games that run "overscan" you will loose parts of the screen and distortion...

Old 23 January 2018, 23:19   #147
Vaz

Quote:
That's weird; should be automatic...

You did use the "setup.exe" file and not manually extract?

You could try applying the .reg file again.
Actually, no, I tried it on a rather old machine and setup.exe wouldn't start for some reason, so I manually extracted all of the files (and forgot to double click on the .reg file ).
I've just tried it on a more recent PC, though, and everything works fine!

Old 23 January 2018, 23:20   #148
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissol View Post
But on the display tab what res should i have on the native full screen ?
Ok, now I'm confused.

Quote from initial post in thread:

Quote:
Ok, a few things to note:

• All games are configured to be run in "Fullscreen" mode.
  • 60% of the games run in a resolution of "640x480", 40% in "720x576".
...so depending on the game; the resolution set will be either "640x480" or "720x756" (full screen).

Actually, I think I get what you are saying. What happens if you set "Native" as the default resolution?

You then need to adjust "Horiz.size" and "Vert. size" to something like 1.5 - 2 from underneath "Filter" until satisfactory...

I don't do this, play around, save your desired config, attach here and I'll tell you how to modify across the board using Notepad++

Last edited by DamienD; 23 January 2018 at 23:25.
Old 23 January 2018, 23:29   #149
happymondays

Great selection of games very well organized, an almost perfect collection in itself, but if you miss some of your favourites, you can add them very easily. The games are configured to run with optimum settings, with full names and even a screenshot of the title screen.
There are even extras hidden in some of the game folders in form of walkthroughs, cheats, tips, etc.
Not to mention it is very easy to setup, does everything automatically, even shows tips for newcomers during the process. If you don't want it on C:, you can just move the folder anywhere else and it still works. I really like it.

The only thing I am seriously missing is the walkthrough for Postman Pat.

Thanks a lot, DamienD, this one has become a legend in two days. Not bad.

Last edited by happymondays; 24 January 2018 at 00:52.
Old 23 January 2018, 23:33   #150
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymondays View Post
The only thing I am seriously missing is the walkthrough for Postman Pat.
...am on it now

Thank you kindly for that happymondays; great review

All games work to the best of my ability and trust me, have been tested.

What you've mentioned is the core / fundamentals to making a good project once the previous is out of the way
Old 24 January 2018, 00:51   #151
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Actually, no, I tried it on a rather old machine and setup.exe wouldn't start for some reason, so I manually extracted all of the files (and forgot to double click on the .reg file ).
Thanks for extra information man

...for some odd reason; there are times where you double-click on the "setup.exe" file and it takes ages to actually kick off

Plus to make things worse; on Windows 10; I know you don't see the batch file correctly displayed or the text

Just wait, all will still run, promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
I've just tried it on a more recent PC, though, and everything works fine!
Phew!!!
Old 24 January 2018, 01:19   #152
darkuni
RetroGaming Radio

I finally got time to actually play around (now that the above mentioned Toni Wilen helped me get my long load time figured out).

Fantastic stuff.

Hey, Damien ... You should throw together an installer with Innosetup ... people could install where they like and it looks really "standard windowy". Free tool, too.

I would like to mention that I RETURNED here to get the set up mentioned - I'll be hanging out. I own a small slice of Amiga history (Dark Unicorn Productions and of course, being one of the RARE few to attend the meeting where ESCOM put the final nail in the Amiga coffin). I'll see what I can do to help out others as well.
Old 24 January 2018, 01:43   #153
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkuni View Post
Hey, Damien ... You should throw together an installer with Innosetup ... people could install where they like and it looks really "standard windowy". Free tool, too.
I'm cool how things are to be honest.

...ok, so you have to run my "setup.exe" and *possibly* then do whatever you want with the "C:\WinUAE" directory afterwards

Everything else is taken care of i.e. the most difficult parts.

This collection is for people that don't have IT skills... Family and friends very much included.

Besides, extraction paths are set in the self-extracting WinRAR .EXE; definitely not uploading this again for a minor "improvement"
Old 24 January 2018, 01:45   #154
darkuni
RetroGaming Radio

Yeah, that's the truth my brotha!

I didn't mean to come off ungrateful

Quote:
I'm cool how things are to be honest.

...ok, so you have to run my "setup.exe" and *possibly* then do whatever with "C:\WinUAE"

This collection is for people that don't have IT skills. Family and friends very much included.

Besides, extraction paths are set in the self-extracting WinRAR .EXE; not uploading this again for a minor "improvement"
Old 24 January 2018, 01:59   #155
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkuni View Post
Yeah, that's the truth my brotha!

I didn't mean to come off ungrateful
I didn't take your reply as that man.

...just explaining my choices so that you / others can better understand me and who I am

EAB oldies know me by now and my numerous OCD tendencies, just read some of my threads

...actually, better not
Old 24 January 2018, 03:08   #156
loonsta

Quote:
EAB oldies know me by now and my numerous OCD tendencies

Can't imagine this would have been built any other way..

Old 24 January 2018, 03:43   #157
sbmocp

Thanks, DamienD!

Old 24 January 2018, 04:27   #158
TroyWilkins

D'oh, as usual, I'm far too slow and someone else ruins it for the rest of us. Sounds like you've done a fantastic job DamienD and I understand why you wanted to keep control of this. It's a shame some people didn't show you some respect in return for you sharing the many, many hours of work you would have put into this.
Old 24 January 2018, 04:39   #159
Sincity

@Damnien: I feel sorry for you for having to answer all of those PMs. Thanks again for your hard work and sharing.

Old 24 January 2018, 05:16   #160
dirkies
Zone Friend

Quote:
The file you are trying to download is no longer available.
This could be due to the following reasons:
The file has been removed because of a ToS/AUP violation.
Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist
The file has been deleted by the user.
darn, hit the daily 5GB limit the other day, now the files seem gone and still missing 3 parts Did some idiot share the links in public?

Can someone PM me with links to parts 5, 12 & 13? Otherwise my whole download is worthless