English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 17 August 2001, 20:04   #21
Amigaboy

btw - When the unregistered window comes up, you have to wait a bit then press OK, otherwise, it'll stay there

I was thinking about patching it away, but that would be wrong (and since I support Shareware authors)

Also. If you're going to be altering team colours, it's highly unlikely you'll see the colours since I forgot to muck around with the screen settings. You'll just have to use your imagination for now

Old 17 August 2001, 20:08   #22
mcarpanini

Got it. Thanks.

I may not be able to play around with the files until next Tuesday, as I am in Belgium at the moment. I have an Amiga here, but not with all the files I had back home.

Keep you posted,

Old 22 August 2001, 00:36   #23
mcarpanini

Smile

Got back this afternoon and spent half an hour transferring the data onto a disk and running it. It worked fine. Thank you for the program.

However, the data file needs to be propacked to fit back on the game disk once edited. Do you know how I can do this? It says "disk full" if I try and put it back on the game disk.

Thanks again.

Old 22 August 2001, 03:47   #24
Amigaboy

um..... err...... As I said, I didn't use the editor, so I wasn't expecting that, but, try the following:

http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/pub/amine...a/swtedadd.lha - Possibly teaches you how to fit the team file onto disk

http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/pub/amine...NC_ProPack.lha - The Propack package. This is the thing you need

I'm afraid I can't help you out anymore since I haven't used the editor. If you can't figure something out, I'll boot it up and help you. But of course, you'll have to ask me nicely (and provide me a blank cheque )

Old 22 August 2001, 20:31   #25
mcarpanini

Question

Thanks for the propack file. I tried to us it, but the command path suggested was not recognised by the computer. I don't know if I've done it wrong.
Suggested: propack p d -m 1 "filename"
Tried this and it did not work (could not recognise "propack"). However, the readme suggested opening a new "cli" to start with. Is this something on the pc? I was not sure what it was- I tried using the prompt in a shell.

It would be great if you could help me out again. I'll try and get that cheque to you.

Old 22 August 2001, 21:06   #26
Amigaboy

hehehe. I'll check it out tonight dude. I've got a full day ahead of me

Old 22 August 2001, 21:12   #27
mcarpanini

Big grin

You're a star, mate.
Good luck!

Old 22 August 2001, 21:35   #28
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I am at work and cannot test the file, but my guess is that you may not have been CD'd to the path where the executable propack file is. I typically dearchive files to ram:, then launch them from the shell/cli there. Assuming you were in the correct path, it's possible that the program expanded into its own directory, so the shell thought you were trying to execute a dir?

Just guesses off the top of my head...
Old 23 August 2001, 11:00   #29
Amigaboy

hehe. I checked it out and the solution is very simple

Open up a shell as you already did (btw - Shell is CLI)

Instead of typing propack p d -m 1 "filename" type ppami.exe p d -m 1 "filename"

The reason for this is, the file I told you to get contains ProPack for both the Amiga and PC.

ppami.exe for the amiga version
ppibm.exe for the PC version

Just use the Amiga version since we know how to use that

Also, do what Twistin said. Unpack the ppami.exe file to RAM: just to make it easier on yourself

Old 23 August 2001, 11:36   #30
mcarpanini

Cool

Thanks alot fellas.
I'll try it out when i get back from work. Keep you posted on the level of success of my attempt.

Old 23 August 2001, 20:32   #31
mcarpanini

Hooooo

Did what you said, and the program started to run this time. However, it tried to write to the Workbench disk. For some reason it really wants to do this. I replaced the disk with a blank one but it asked for the Workbench one again. Bloody machine.

Is there something I can type in to avoid the problem?

Old 23 August 2001, 23:11   #32
mcarpanini

Big grin

Problem over! I managed to compress the file at last. I read over the propack readme and found a little symbol (-o) which made all the difference, writing over the original file. ;-)

Thanks for all your help. You've been a star.

Speak to you again.

Old 24 August 2001, 00:12   #33
Amigaboy

hehehe. Glad to have helped