View Single Post
Old 28 August 2012, 14:29   #47
fgh

I haven't tried that particular model, but there is a good chance it should work. (Several other people are running 16GB cards.)
A lot of people seem to recommend Sandisk though.

A thorough guide on large amiga drive support can be found here.
To access more than 8GB you need to patch scsi.device.
IDEFix does this, but I wouldn't use IDEFix unless you are going to use several IDE devices, as IDEfix fails with many CF cards. See original post for more on that.
I'd use scsi.device v43.24 instead.

Use a modern file system (PFS or SFS), and a small boot partition (Cannot see why you need more than a few hundred MB).
Know that amiga OS will show the wrong size and amount of free space of your card several places. This is ok.
And never do a normal amigaOS full format, as it screws things up above 4GB. Always use quick format. (Anything else doesn't make sense with a CF anyway)
Finally, use maxtransfer setting 0x1fe00 for each partition in hdToolbox to avoid file corruption. (The value is store by pressing enter)

Personally I just use 8GB SD cards. (PFS Direct SCSI mode allows 7,8GB without patching scsi.device)

If you haven't found them yet, I'd also have a look at ClassicWB, and KillerGorilla's & Retroplay's game and demo packs

Have fun!

Page generated in 0.04282 seconds with 11 queries