View Single Post
Old 18 July 2017, 18:25   #83
Solo Kazuki

Reading this topic I planned not to answer, but after all there are some weird "flaws" mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drHirudo View Post
Okay let me start:

1. Digital joystick
What's wrong with it? Amiga ALWAYS has 2/3 buttons (on latter A1200/CD32 even 7 with CD32 joypad), but programmers really didn't care about it. But it NOT means that there are no games with more buttons. Look on this list, how many games have 2 buttons support in standard. Moreover there are many WHDLoad patches to use 2 or more buttons.

There's also user's fault. Some people tend to dislike pads or more than 1 button. Even today there are users who WANTS only 1 button joystick, and that's weird.

About analog joystick, they are also usable with Amiga, even I had one. But for sure analog is not handy in normal arcade games, just for racers or simulators.

Quote:
2. No MIDI port!
But with cheap interface you can use MIDI (e.g. here!), so it's really a problem? There's lots of software (e.g. on Aminet) which are using MIDI. And never saw this as problem, rather more useful port (in MIDI port you can use only MIDI, on Amiga you can use MIDI interface or many other hardware).

Quote:
3. HAM mode
I don't get it. For me better is have something more. Are HAM modes attacks you in sleep, or what? You don't like HAM then just don't use them instead of nagging.

Quote:
4. Non standard floppy disk format, very error prone!
Again some weird idea. Never saw any proof of that. Moreover, I had some "bad" disks from PC (they had errors) which are "repaired" after formatting it on Amiga.

Other thing is mentioned before by someone, that on Amiga there's just different track handling.

And about disks - do You know that many original games has own file formats able to save 1MB of data on DD disk! Think about it. Let's say Dune II - not 5, but 6 (or even 7) disks. Curse of Enchantia? Biiing? Innocent Until Caught?

For me, again, it's more and better option: Amiga could use both 720kB (PC/ST/others) and 880kB. Also HD disk have 1.44MB or 1,76MB if you have HD floppy drive.

Quote:
5. No hard disk controller on board.
As someone before mentioned - do You know that in mid 80s many PCs also hadn't hard disk controller onboard?

Page generated in 0.05760 seconds with 11 queries