English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Old Rare Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Amiga CD32 FIGHTIN SPIRIT (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=62206)

kinmami 10 December 2011 15:55

Amiga CD32 FIGHTIN SPIRIT

Hello Dears

I am looking for Amiga CD32 FIGHTIN SPIRIT complete ISO+CUE+MP3

thank you

TCD 10 December 2011 19:13

Please have a look on the EAB file server in the folder 'Commodore_Amiga/CD/AmigaCD/Game'.

kinmami 11 December 2011 01:59

thank you!:xmas

mombasajoe 30 December 2012 17:45

Unfortunately the ISO doesn´t work properly. In story mode the game hangs after 5 fights when the "illegal warrior" appears.

Does anybody have the original CD32 disc and can test if this is a general error or just a bad dump? Or does anybody even have a full working ISO?

Help ;)

lesta_smsc 31 December 2012 01:40

It's also here: http://www.emuparadise.me/Amiga_CD_I..._(1996)/136992

Though not sure if it's the same version...

mombasajoe 31 December 2012 12:15

It has got the same error.

mombasajoe 04 January 2013 15:03

That´s such a great game, maybe even the best fighting game for Amiga. Does really nobody have got the original CD? Or a working ISO.. Pleeeeease... :)

brolly 06 January 2013 08:45

I haven't tested it yet, but did you try using the TOSEC dump? And if so does it also has that problem?

mombasajoe 06 January 2013 19:38

Where can I get that?

brolly 07 January 2013 02:18

Sites like UG or Pleasuredome should have it, don't know if it's also available on EAB file server.

mombasajoe 12 January 2013 16:01

Broken, too :(

s2325 12 January 2013 16:06

Older thread: http://forum.tgmonline.it/showthread...al-Warrior-Bug! Sorry, but I don't understand a word.

mombasajoe 12 January 2013 17:22

They are talking about the same problem: The burnt CDs don´t run properly after the "illegal warrior" but nobody has got an original CD for real testing.

The "illegal warrior" itself is no bug, it is kind of a bonus round. He also appears in the disk-version. You can finish the disk-version.

So at least an original CD is still needed to test if there is a real bug or if there are only bad dumps.

Telemachus 12 January 2013 17:36

This doesn't solve your exact problem, but you can run Fightin' Spirit AGA HD Installed (Not WHDLoad or JST) on a stock CD32.

I believe the game is identical apart from mod music instead of cd audio.

mombasajoe 15 January 2013 11:19

I have got a working disk-Version on CD. That´s not the point. Regarding sound/music I like the CD-Version much more. There are some offers on ebay etc. and I would buy an original game if I only knew if there will be the same bug on it or not.

Telemachus 15 January 2013 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by mombasajoe (Post 861951)
I have got a working disk-Version on CD. That´s not the point. Regarding sound/music I like the CD-Version much more. There are some offers on ebay etc. and I would buy an original game if I only knew if there will be the same bug on it or not.

It is possible like you said that the copy going around could be bad. ISO+MP3 is not that reliable as a way to backup, it could cause issues with the game when finding audio tracks.

If you try JetStrike CD32 it crashes after the intro due to no CD Audio tracks.

Did you find maybe a BIN/CUE version to try?
There are a few buggy CD32 releases out there so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a genuine bug.

Does it happen on WinUAE?

brolly 16 January 2013 02:06

TOSEC dumps aren't ISO+MP3 and are usually dumped by more than one person before officially getting into to the db so if mobasajoe tested with that one and still doesn't work, I'm suspecting it might be a bug. But only way to be sure is to get the actual game and test it if possible on real hardware.

kinmami 10 February 2013 16:44

I have noticed that starting the game in Super Fightin' Spirit mode will solve the issue.

I managed backup and originals, but all versions had same bug. Solved using cheat.

Super Fightin' Spirit mode:
To activate the Super Fighting Spirits mode described on the secret screen, select options and highlight exit. Now push the joystick to the right till the screen flashes and you will be in Super mode.

mombasajoe 11 February 2013 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinmami (Post 867438)
I managed backup and originals, but all versions had same bug. Solved using cheat.

So there is no need to look for an original because it´s buggy, too. Did I get that right?

I´ll try the cheat. Thank you very much!

kinmami 11 February 2013 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by mombasajoe (Post 867580)
So there is no need to look for an original because it´s buggy, too. Did I get that right?

I´ll try the cheat. Thank you very much!

yes so far all Originals have same bug and obviously backup as well