English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [AmigaCD] Land of Genesis - .HDF & .LHA (for real Amiga users) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=86324)

DamienD 09 March 2017 22:20

[AmigaCD] Land of Genesis - .HDF & .LHA (for real Amiga users)

Heya guys,

Following on from this thread I've now installed to this game to .HDF :)

Good news is that I found a work-around so that I don't need to have the CD-ROM mounted in order to actually play the game (even after selecting no to music i.e. audio tracks from the CD-ROM) :great

Mind you, as a side note. I can't get music to work with the .ISO mounted in WinUAE no matter what I try... Suggestions / help appreciated.

Anyway, applied the patch / trainer from here.

Thing is, the game is still buggy as hell... Only played for a minute and on the first stage I have this "out of alignment" sprites:

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/03/09/003.png

The guy's standing slightly above the platform and the bullets are below the level of the gun :banghead

Anyone else have this issue; real Amiga or WinUAE?

DamienD 09 March 2017 22:42

My next step I guess is to try without the patch and see if the same behaviour occurs....

s2325 09 March 2017 22:49

There are few videos on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+Genesis+amiga You may try to ask in comments.

DamienD 09 March 2017 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2325 (Post 1145847)
There are few videos on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+Genesis+amiga You may try to ask in comments.

Bug doesn't happen in the first 3 x videos... from what I can see:

a) the trainer definitely hasn't been applied / isn't active as lives would be at 80.
b) not sure if the patch has been applied or not; but from looking at the speed of the intro I would say not.

Off to test...

Mrz 09 March 2017 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1145836)
Heya guys,

Following on from this thread I've now installed to this game to .HDF :)

Good news is that I found a work-around so that I don't need to have the CD-ROM mounted in order to actually play the game (even after selecting no to music i.e. audio tracks from the CD-ROM) :great

Mind you, as a side note. I can't get music to work with the .ISO mounted in WinUAE no matter what I try... Suggestions / help appreciated.

Anyway, applied the patch / trainer from here.

Thing is, the game is still buggy as hell... Only played for a minute and on the first stage I have this "out of alignment" sprites:

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/03/09/003.png

The guy's standing slightly above the platform and the bullets are below the level of the gun :banghead

Anyone else have this issue; real Amiga or WinUAE?

the game works fine here but please note

1- you must disable JIT or better yet select cycle exact otherwise the game and intro anim will play so fast+ gfx bugs could appear

2- cd music works here on windows xp + daemon tools 3.47 mounting the nrg image
but not works on windows 7 for some unknown reason, it seems is due the lack of analog audio support in new windows releases

3-of course when ask for cd music type uaescsi.device and the correct unit

DamienD 09 March 2017 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrz (Post 1145858)
the game works fine here but please note

1- you must disable JIT or better yet select cycle exact otherwise the game and intro anim will play so fast+ gfx bugs could appear

2- cd music works here on windows xp + daemon tools 3.47 mounting the nrg image
but not works on windows 7 for some unknown reason, it seems is due the lack of analog audio support in new windows releases

Cheers man, appreciate you taking the time to respond :great

1) I don't use JIT and Cycle-Exact is enabled so that the intro is playing well. I found that if I apply the patch then the intro is too slow plus there are "glitches" between animation sequences. In the end I applied the patch but then ended up copying back the original "gencli" file.

2) Yup, using Windows 7 and can't get music to work. Retro-Nerd mentioned that I should possibly use an old version of Daemon Tools i.e. 3.46. Guess there's no solution when mounting directly via WinUAE?

3) Will try that.

DamienD 09 March 2017 23:48

Ok, so have done some quick tests; it seems that the applied patch is causing the "out of alignment" sprites :banghead

...need to build a clean .HDF (with trainer applied) to be sure.

Mrz 10 March 2017 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1145860)
Cheers man, appreciate you taking the time to respond :great

1) I don't use JIT and Cycle-Exact is enabled so that the intro is playing well. I found that if I apply the patch then the intro is too slow plus there are "glitches" between animation sequences. In the end I applied the patch but then ended up copying back the original "gencli" file.

2) Yup, using Windows 7 and can't get music to work. Retro-Nerd mentioned that I should possibly use an old version of Daemon Tools i.e. 3.46. Guess there's no solution when mounting directly via WinUAE?

3) Will try that.

old versions of daemon tools don't work on win 7, those versions are really good and special because the analog audio support

Quote:

Guess there's no solution when mounting directly via WinUAE?
sincerely I never mounted isos via winuae, you could try it
in win7 I mount the CD images using a program called wincdemu which works fine most of the time excepting in some rare cases like this one

Mad-Matt 10 March 2017 00:50

The winuae in-built image mounter works just fine regardless of windows version.

DamienD 10 March 2017 01:16

Fresh .HDF created without the patch but the trainer added; all is good i.e. no "out of alignment" sprites in a quick play on the first stage ;)

So, from reading the "Fix1_0GT_Readme.txt" patch notes, my assumption is that the below highlighted in red / bold is causing the issue:
Code:

Land of Genesis FIX 1.0GT

Run the fix inside the "Genesis" directory

----------------------------------------------
- Fixed the intro bug on A4000
- The introduction run slower
- Difficulty calibrated
- The "Easy" option make the game more easy
- Implemented missile collision with the walls
- Support for joystick with two buttons
- Option screen memory
- Lower SoundFX volume
- Changed the final picture
----------------------------------------------

The sequence to avoid all the problems is:

0) Disable your RTG
1) Boot your system without startup-sequence
2) run the "setpatch" command
3) go in the Genesis directory
4) run "Gencli"

Maurizio Gemelli

P.s. I'm not responsible for 3th part software
that crash the game if it is inserted in our
startup-sequence.

-----------------------------------
This file has been downloaded from:
http://utenti.tripod.it/kublay
-----------------------------------

From the above all I'm going to use now is the "- Changed the final picture" i.e. these 2 new files "Finalscr.pal" & "Finalscr.raw". Don't care about the rest really...

DamienD 10 March 2017 21:35

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, so have been playing around / testing things tonight...

The patch from here changes these files in the original install:

Code:

dat1.bin
dat2.bin
gencli
lev1/Nem1aga060.til
lev2/Nem2aga060.til
lev4/Nem4aga060.til
lev5/Nem5aga050.til
main/introduction/Finalscr.pal
main/introduction/Finalscr.raw

Personally I've only applied the last 2 files which most probably apply to this in the patch notes:

Code:

...and on my own personal .HDF, I've made a note after double-clicking the game icon and before the game starts so I know what I've applied (thanks "Akira" & "rare_j" for their kind assistance, see this thread for more details):

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/03/10/001.png

I couldn't be bothered with the rest but from a very quick test it's the updated "dat1.bin" that causes the "out of alignment" sprites in level 1... Thing is, this also applies "- Support for joystick with two buttons" and who knows what else from the above list...

Anyway, attached are the modified files from the patch if people want to play around further without applying the whole damn patch...

Mrz 10 March 2017 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1146061)
Ok, so have been playing around / testing things tonight...

The patch from here changes these files in the original install:

Code:

dat1.bin
dat2.bin
gencli
lev1/Nem1aga060.til
lev2/Nem2aga060.til
lev4/Nem4aga060.til
lev5/Nem5aga050.til
main/introduction/Finalscr.pal
main/introduction/Finalscr.raw

Personally I've only applied the last 2 files which most probably apply to this in the patch notes:

Code:

...and on my own personal .HDF, I've made a note after double-clicking the game icon and before the game starts so I know what I've applied (thanks "Akira" & "rare_j" for their kind assistance, see this thread) for more details:

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/03/10/001.png

I couldn't be bothered with the rest but from a very quick test it's the updated "dat1.bin" that causes the "out of alignment" sprites in level 1... Thing is this also applies "- Support for joystick with two buttons" and who knows what else...

Anyway, attached are the modified files from the patch if people want to play around further.

does this patch fixes the intro speed ?
because I sense the intro play accelerated on winuae, despite I set nojit and cycle exact

DamienD 10 March 2017 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrz (Post 1146066)
does this patch fixes the intro speed ?
because I sense the intro play accelerated on winuae, despite I set nojit and cycle exact

As per my post, I personally didn't apply the patched file that:

Code:

- The introduction run slower
For me on WinUAE this gives "glitches" between animations sequences so... Original is better for me ;)

The new patched file that handles this "slowdown" is "gencli".

DamienD 11 March 2017 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrz (Post 1145858)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad-Matt (Post 1145876)
The winuae in-built image mounter works just fine regardless of windows version.

Ok, have music / audio tracks working now on my Windows 7 laptop with the CD-ROM mounted via WinUAE in-built image mounter :great

In the installation I needed to select:

... "uaescsi.device" for the CD-ROM device.
... "0" for the CD-ROM unit.

Retro-Nerd 11 March 2017 17:37

Ah, uaescsi.device. This should work then for all Amiga CD games with CDDA. :great

Mrz 11 March 2017 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1146155)
Ok, have music / audio tracks working now on my Windows 7 laptop with the CD-ROM mounted via WinUAE in-built image mounter :great

yes I just tested now cdda music works also in win 7 using winuae built image mounter
it seems using this is always unit 0 , but if you mount a cd image using another program like daemon tools it can be unit 0 or 1 or 2, depends how many devices you have connected

Mad-Matt 11 March 2017 22:50

You also have the option of adding to the emulated ide/scsi controllers with what ever unit number is supported on scsi.device , cybppc.device ect .. (0-7)

ransom1122 12 March 2017 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1146155)

You sir are a true gentlemam :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

DamienD 12 March 2017 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ransom1122 (Post 1146276)
You sir are a true gentlemam :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

Not sure that I'm a true "gentlemam" (well only on Sundays, isn't that correct Fred the Fop) :lol

...but yes, hope you are now enjoying my new .HDF with audio enabled plus other "custom" modifications via WinUAE ;)

ransom1122 12 March 2017 02:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1146291)
Not sure that I'm a true "gentlemam" (well only on Sundays, isn't that correct Fred the Fop) :lol

...but yes, hope you are now enjoying my new .HDF with audio enabled plus other "custom" modifications via WinUAE ;)

Sure am!! :great

http://i68.tinypic.com/2h85y04.png

Enabling JIT seems to make it faster for me, especially when many sprites on the screen at the same time. On the flip side when there is only 1 enemy it runs too fast.