English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 30 September 2001, 02:04   #1
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

D Day (US Gold)

I trouble myself with this game, called D Day, from US Gold, NOT Impressions. I just cannot get any of the emus, any version, to work it. Has anyone had some modicum of success??
It just stops at this screen.
Old 30 September 2001, 11:29   #2
XoreX

Isnt that a screenshoot from D-Day by Loriciel?
Old 30 September 2001, 13:45   #3
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Actually, it is. That looks to be the French version which was indeed by Loriciels. But the English version was published by US Gold. Thus ending the mystery.
Old 01 October 2001, 10:00   #4
XoreX

fredtgreat, could you please upload the us version, I know it was in the adf zone not long ago but I missed it
Old 01 October 2001, 23:03   #5
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

I most certainly will, Xorex. I am in my office now, so it will be uploaded in say 4 hours from now.
I really have a headache trying to make this beauty work.
Old 02 October 2001, 12:17   #6
XoreX

Hmm, I tryed all configs I could find and like you I get only the screen you posted

But are you shure this is the US Gold version? Cause I have 2 different vers., the english one (works perfect) and the one you posted, and nowhere is US gold mentioned?
Old 02 October 2001, 19:35   #7
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Xorex, it is the Loricel version, and the information I got from some website says US Gold published the English verssion. If you have the English version which works perfect, PLEASE upload it to the ADF ZOne, I would love to have it!!!!
Old 02 October 2001, 20:20   #8
XoreX

Yes, I tought this version might be interessting, I dwl it from some ftp 2 days ago. There are also other adfs that I have to check (ever heard about a russian game called Amerikan Chainik aka USA Chainik in Russia v1.8. Quest?)

I gona post the english version as soon as I come home.
Old 02 October 2001, 23:21   #9
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Xorex, thanks very much. I am going out late tonight, so i'll be home quite late, anticipating getting this game to work
I have never heard of it..is this Amerikan Chainik a strategy game??
is it in Polish or Russian?
Old 02 October 2001, 23:46   #10
XoreX

I think Russian, I didn’t tried it out but it's hd version, like the most of them. They have short names like 15 or Xquest and in the moment I dont have time to test them. In-between are lot of Thalion games in adf and hd version like Ambermoon + scan of Ambermoon original map (witch I can post if there is interest), Battle Duell hd and more... Dont know if somebody wants them but I think the most of them are common.
But anyway, how it seems to me, no D-Day US Gold version among them.

Last edited by XoreX; 02 October 2001 at 23:54.
Old 04 October 2001, 14:45   #11
Mark

Question D Day

I have been trying to run this game in emulation for sometime, so I downloaded the english version in the zone.
I loaded the ecs1.3 config, but I can only get as far as the game requesting disk b, after exchanging disks in df0: drive, it freezes.
Anyone know why?, or am I using the wrong config?.

Old 04 October 2001, 22:26   #12
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Ok , mwright, lets see. You are using ecs 13, huh? What version of WinUAE are you using? It might work in WinFellow. Or try a A 600, ecs 30 or AGA config. I will tell you, it works perfect for me, both English (Thanks to Xorex) and French (Thanks to Magix) with this :
WinUAE 8.14 r 3 AND 8.17 r 2, using either ecs 13, A500, ecs 30 config. I have yet to try it in WinFellow. Let me know if this helps, or let me know if you need these configs
UPDATE:
You MUST eject, RETURN to emulation, wait a few seconds, press F12 ,then insert the second disk. It will freze any other way. Try it!
Old 05 October 2001, 05:39   #13
Mark

Thumbs up Many thanks

Aha, I wasn't returning to emulation in between ejecting and inserting the next disk, has you said this works 100%.
Now all I have to do is work out how to play the game, when I was younger I never used to load up simulations, probably didn't have the patience, my collection consisted mainly of sports games, platformers and arcade games.
Do you know of a good site for manuals?
I normally try my lsd disks or doing a search in Jambo?
Thanks again for the help

Old 05 October 2001, 08:26   #14
Mark

, have you tried a parachute drop, when you land, the game crashes back to the desktop, perhaps I could use your configs after all, please, pretty please:laugh

Old 05 October 2001, 10:57   #15
Paul
RIP Friends

Quote:
Crashing Back To Desktop
Why does this sound familiar to me?

Yes now I remember......The demo in this thread.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1559
Old 05 October 2001, 18:50   #16
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Hmm..Ok, I'll send the configs when i get home from work, buddy
Old 06 October 2001, 08:55   #17
Mark

Cheers, thanks in advance for the configs. This looks like quite an in depth game, hope you don't mind if I ask some gameplaying questions once I've got the game running, as I have searched all the places I know of for game instructions

Old 06 October 2001, 10:29   #18
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

I have not yet to play this gem, or any of my games yet, really. I am only collecting them to burn on Cd's first, and want to finish compiling a list to post, so people can request games from me
I have close to 2,200. Stay tuned
Oh....here is the config!
Attached Files
File Type: uae winecs.uae (1.6 KB, 227 views)
Old 08 October 2001, 04:46   #19
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by fredtgreat
I have not yet to play this gem, or any of my games yet, really. I am only collecting them to burn on Cd's first, and want to finish compiling a list to post, so people can request games from me
I have close to 2,200. Stay tuned
Oh....here is the config!
?!?!? I have looked at this post for a couple of days now and all I can say is ?!?!? You talk of playing these great strategy and RPG games all the time and now you say you have yet to play any of your games?

Even with the smilies, I am befuddled...
Old 08 October 2001, 06:17   #20
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Oh, I should have elaborated. heck yeah I play them, But not all. The more involved ones I have gotten recently, I have only ttested and fiddled around with. When I have more time, then the deeper games I have gotten recently, thanks in part to you, Lookinland, I will happily deleve into.
Smiles rock.