English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 03 February 2013, 03:48   #1
fishyfish
Banned

Help With Catweasel on Winuae Needed

About 4 months ago I bought myself a catweasel for my amithlon box. Upon finding out theres no joystick support on os3.x I decided using it in my aros machine might be a better idea, only to discover that AROS only has drivers for mk4 (mine's a mk3 pci/zorro flipper version).

Thus far it was a $180 door stop, so rather than it be a complete waste of money I decided to put together a winuae machine.
Unfortunately my experieces with it there are as bad as on any of the other sysems I tried. It simply refuses to do anything. From what I could find online Im led to believe joysticks should work out of the box (disk drive appears to need an amiga side driver, but Im more interested in joystick support for now).

So all this said and done, could anyone please give me the lowdown on catweasel support in winuae? How the heck do I get it working please? The info. Ive found online is an inconsistant, often contradictory mess that confuses more than it helps.
Old 03 February 2013, 21:41   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
About 4 months ago I bought myself a catweasel for my amithlon box. Upon finding out theres no joystick support on os3.x I decided using it in my aros machine might be a better idea, only to discover that AROS only has drivers for mk4 (mine's a mk3 pci/zorro flipper version).
Have you actually tried the AROS drivers with your MK3 Catweasel? They are very similar, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
Thus far it was a $180 door stop, so rather than it be a complete waste of money I decided to put together a winuae machine.
Unfortunately my experieces with it there are as bad as on any of the other sysems I tried. It simply refuses to do anything. From what I could find online Im led to believe joysticks should work out of the box (disk drive appears to need an amiga side driver, but Im more interested in joystick support for now).

So all this said and done, could anyone please give me the lowdown on catweasel support in winuae? How the heck do I get it working please? The info. Ive found online is an inconsistant, often contradictory mess that confuses more than it helps.
I would expect the information on Toni's WinUAE site to be the most authoritative (if not the most up to date) online:
http://www.winuae.net/cw.html

CATWEASEL MK3 (PCI)
-------------------

Emulated:

- Zorro2 board. You can use multidisk.device to access Catweasel's floppy drive.
- Keyboard port. Keyboard is automatically detected and used.
- Joystick ports. Joystick ports are automatically used.

Last edited by prowler; 03 February 2013 at 22:37.
Old 04 February 2013, 05:00   #3
fishyfish
Banned

Yeah, I tried it on AROS, but to no avail.

Im starting to think now that Ive bought a broken card. So far all my efforts with it have been about as successful as plugging a handful of cheese slices into my computers.
Old 04 February 2013, 11:41   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Unfortunately I consider Catweasel as unsupported in WinUAE. (no 64-bit support, unstable drivers).

Direct access is probably the only method that works with MKIII (catweasel_io config entry)