English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 25 November 2009, 20:29   #1
antonvaltaz

Amiga LucasArts games on ScummVM for Nintendo DS

I've been looking around and it seems this is do-able - has anyone tried it? I'm guessing the WHDLoad versions of these games will include all the necessary files?
Old 25 November 2009, 21:01   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

WHDload games are rarely filed. They are disk images.

Best to play the PC CD versions in ScummVM then you get the Talkies.

I recently replayed Day of the Tentacle, The Dig, & Full Throttle (all PC CD ones) and they were great. Even after all this time.

I played Monkey Island Special edition too which despite the negative reviews on EAB was very good.
Old 25 November 2009, 21:30   #3
antonvaltaz

I doubt the DS would handle talkies? In any case I often need the sound turned down when I'm on my DS.

If WHDLoad is no good, I guess I can get the files off ADFs or IPFs and transfer them to a hard drive directory, and from there to the DS?
Old 25 November 2009, 21:33   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonvaltaz View Post
If WHDLoad is no good, I guess I can get the files off ADFs or IPFs and transfer them to a hard drive directory, and from there to the DS?
Just use the installers for the games (guess just copying the files over will also work). Most should have them on the disks, but not really sure about Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken. If all fails, just gimme a nudge and I might have something for you
Old 28 November 2009, 20:17   #5
Jonathan Drain

I have a bunch of Amiga-version SCUMM games working just fine on my Nintendo DS. In most cases I copied the required files from the original Amiga files or the ADFs via WinUAE. Dump all the files into one folder per game and SCUMMVM DS should pick them up.

The Secret of Monkey Island has trouble with music, but here's a thread on how I got it working, with Amiga graphics and sound.

For Beneath a Steel Sky, I used the freeware PC version that's available. I think it's identical to the Amiga version.