English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 31 May 2008, 00:17   #1
Cerberus73

SCSI CD Burner

Ok SCSI on Amiga is new to me, i have a Squirrell SCSI PCMCIA Adaptter, and a few SCSI Bits of gear left over from my old mac quadra, i have a Yamaha External CD Burner CRW - F1SX, 44x - 24x - 44x speeds

A Syquest SyJet 1.5gb cartridge removable hard drive thing and a few carts, as well as a 10GB external SCSI II drive. what gender changers will i need to attach 50 pin to the Squirells centronics type, and is it possible to get the Squirrell to play nice with these newer SCSI II and III devices (i believe the Squirell is only SCSI I??)

Its the CD drive i really wanna get working, i also have a old dual speed caddy load monstrosity from the mac that is 68 pin SCSI II but with Centronics Type Connector. if any of the Amiga SCSI Gurus can help it would be great, oh and does The Squirell work well with a blizzard 1230IV? Dont want to have to choose between one or the other, but both at once to have a decent spec machine
Old 31 May 2008, 22:29   #2
rkauer
I hate potatos and shirts

Send a message via MSN to rkauer Send a message via Yahoo to rkauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus73 View Post
Ok SCSI on Amiga is new to me, i have a Squirrell SCSI PCMCIA...

A Syquest SyJet 1.5gb cartridge removable hard drive thing and a few carts, as well as a 10GB external SCSI II drive. what gender changers will i need to attach 50 pin to the Squirells centronics type, and is it possible to get the Squirrell to play nice with these newer SCSI II and III devices (i believe the Squirell is only SCSI I??)

It's the CD drive i really wanna get working, i also have a old dual speed caddy load monstrosity from the mac that is 68 pin SCSI II but with Centronics Type Connector. if any of the Amiga SCSI Gurus can help it would be great, oh and does The Squirrel work well with a blizzard 1230IV? Dont want to have to choose between one or the other, but both at once to have a decent spec machine
Before all: the Squirrel is a SCSI II controller!

You just need a SCSI house for the internal devices you have. The better option is use the HD inside it. The gender changers are easily findable on Epay. You need the Squirrel disks for mount the units, or, if you want, install the utilities in your IDE HD (the Squirrel is not auto-boot!).

The devices will be daisy-chained, just check each one have his own SCSI ID and only the last device is terminated.

If you don't have the installation disks, go to Amiga Hardware Database:

http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/squirrel
Old 31 May 2008, 22:43   #3
rkauer
I hate potatos and shirts

Send a message via MSN to rkauer Send a message via Yahoo to rkauer
BTW: your accelerator will work fine with the Squirrel.

You only will go on trouble if you try another PCMCIA device after the Squirrel drivers installation! Nothing you cannot fix after.
Old 01 June 2008, 22:19   #4
Cerberus73

Ah thanks, yer the CD drive is self terminating, and all the devices are already in there own housings with power supplys.. as i said used them on my old mac. and i do have other terminators for the other devices if need be. i have the disks, manuals etc for the squirell (its seriously like brand new and unused)

Cheers for the info, didnt wanna have smoking amigas, or SCSI hardware!