English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 03 June 2007, 20:02   #1
hexaae
Bug hunter

(moved from beta thread)

@ Toni
I see you're now working on SCSI/IDE emu... Can I hope that one day also games like Trauma-Zer0 will be able to play music tracks from CD while playing?

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 04 June 2007 at 22:45.
Old 03 June 2007, 21:26   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaae
@ Toni
I see you're now working on SCSI/IDE emu... Can I hope that one day also games like Trauma-Zer0 will be able to play music tracks from CD while playing?
I don't care. Program is totally broken if you can't change unit numbers.
Old 04 June 2007, 00:48   #3
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen
I don't care. Program is totally broken if you can't change unit numbers.
For this game you can change scsi.device name and unit number...
Old 04 June 2007, 14:57   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
For this game you can change scsi.device name and unit number...
Um? Where is the problem then?
Old 04 June 2007, 19:05   #5
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen
Um? Where is the problem then?
T-0 should play audio tracks from CD while playing. I've set uaescsi.device 0 and mounted CD0: correctly. The game finds the CD and starts but can't hear the tracks. I can also hear the CD spinning at track positioning but no audio is played. I use a Laptop so CD connection should be ok. Maybe the emulator doesn't know how to redirect audio to Windows drivers in this special case?
Old 04 June 2007, 19:12   #6
DamienD
Banned

There are so many threads about this, try searching for "T-Zer0" to see what I mean

This thread may help you though: T-Zero music problem...
Old 04 June 2007, 19:13   #7
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
T-0 should play audio tracks from CD while playing. I've set uaescsi.device 0 and mounted CD0: correctly. The game finds the CD and starts but can't hear the tracks. I can also hear the CD spinning at track positioning but no audio is played. I use a Laptop so CD connection should be ok. Maybe the emulator doesn't know how to redirect audio to Windows drivers in this special case?
It doesn't work, Toni explained it somewhere. Burn the CD, connect your CD/DVD-Rom with your soundcard and use analog audio out, work flawless here.
Old 04 June 2007, 20:31   #8
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
There are so many threads about this, try searching for "T-Zer0" to see what I mean

This thread may help you though: T-Zero music problem...
Did work perfectly with my real A1200 thanks...
Old 04 June 2007, 20:33   #9
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd
It doesn't work, Toni explained it somewhere. Burn the CD, connect your CD/DVD-Rom with your soundcard and use analog audio out, work flawless here.
On WinUAE does it work for you? I have a laptop with DVD burner so all connections should be ok. Maybe I missed the point...
Old 04 June 2007, 20:36   #10
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
On WinUAE does it work for you? I have a laptop with DVD burner so all connections should be ok. Maybe I missed the point...
Yep, works fine. But this is not a WinUAE Beta problem, hexaae. There are some threads, related to this problem.
Old 04 June 2007, 20:38   #11
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
i think the problem for you is the laptop perhaps there is no grey cable connection betwen the cd drive and the soundcard.i think very very often there is no grey cable.
Old 04 June 2007, 22:47   #12
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I repeat: WinUAE simply passes all SCSI commands directly to CD drive. CD drive plays the cd via analog audio cables because Windows or WinUAE does not know it was cd audio command. (you also need audio cables connected to your real Amiga's CD drive...)

"fixing" this would require complete CDROM emulation in WinUAE and I am not going to do myself.
Old 04 June 2007, 23:02   #13
Ironclaw
Banned

Excuse me, Mr. Wilen.

I tried a CD32 game today and no audio tracks was being played. I can play them in winamp. It was just like 3 months ago I played a CD32 game with track and I had sound then. I used 1.2 and 1.3.1, but now none of them has cdda sound anymore. I installed latest WinUAE and then got cdda, I reinstalled 1.2 and 1.3.1, still no cdda, I have installed them to new folders aswell.

Why can't I get any cdda in 1.2 and 1.3.1 anymore?... why does it only work in latest?

With best wishes,

Ironclaw (Kent), Sweden.

PS: at my latest visit to the store, I bought 2 bottles of milk, 2 loaf of bread, 1 snickers bar, a package of Extra chewing gum and a plastic bag to carry it all in.
Old 04 June 2007, 23:05   #14
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Is there a programmer who could do this for winuae?
Toni you will be ok if someone give it a try ?
Perhaps a system of plugin just for cdrom things.

Last edited by turrican3; 04 June 2007 at 23:12.
Old 04 June 2007, 23:12   #15
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3
i think the problem for you is the laptop perhaps there is no grey cable connection betwen the cd drive and the soundcard.i think very very often there is no grey cable.
...also if I can hear audio tracks playing the CD from WMP?
Old 04 June 2007, 23:19   #16
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw
I tried a CD32 game today and no audio tracks was being played. I can play them in winamp. It was just like 3 months ago I played a CD32 game with track and I had sound then. I used 1.2 and 1.3.1, but now none of them has cdda sound anymore.
If it worked previously with older versions but doesn't now then maybe you've changed something on your PC / laptop like the ASPI CD driver?
Old 04 June 2007, 23:23   #17
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
I installed latest WinUAE and then got cdda, I reinstalled 1.2 and 1.3.1, still no cdda,...

Old 04 June 2007, 23:26   #18
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Excuse me, Mr. Wilen.

I tried a CD32 game today and no audio tracks was being played. I can play them in winamp. It was just like 3 months ago I played a CD32 game with track and I had sound then. I used 1.2 and 1.3.1, but now none of them has cdda sound anymore. I installed latest WinUAE and then got cdda, I reinstalled 1.2 and 1.3.1, still no cdda, I have installed them to new folders aswell.

Why can't I get any cdda in 1.2 and 1.3.1 anymore?... why does it only work in latest?

With best wishes,

Ironclaw (Kent), Sweden.

PS: at my latest visit to the store, I bought 2 bottles of milk, 2 loaf of bread, 1 snickers bar, a package of Extra chewing gum and a plastic bag to carry it all in.
Or perhaps u selection uaescsi.device if yes deselection and all will be allright
Old 04 June 2007, 23:30   #19
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
I installed latest WinUAE and then got cdda, I reinstalled 1.2 and 1.3.1, still no cdda,...
I understand that but you originally said that CDDA worked with previous versions. My guess is that something has changed on your PC / laptop since...

Now it works with the latest beta but not the previous versions

I don't really know exactly why this is but thought I'd give you a suggestion. As said above, maybe there's been a new ASPI CD driver installed that you are not aware of by Nero or another CD / DVD burning program and somehow it's not compatible with old WinUAE versions anymore?
Old 04 June 2007, 23:38   #20
Ironclaw
Banned

Nope, nothing new involving that as far as I know...

I have read some cdda problem threads before posting, and read about the uaescsi.device, but for some reason it's gray and I can't select it. Don't bother installing latest again to see if that one is checked as default, that might explain why I get audio in latest, but not 1.2 and 1.3.1.... will toy with the settings in 1.3.1 tomorrow to see if I can free the gray from uaescsi.device...

Nighty....